[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

Oh poor ros she had so little time on camera

Not like other book characters who were omnipresent like say Ramsay Snow, the Reeds, lets not forget the Goat/ Vargo Hoat and the bloody mummers

All of them took away time from Ros, D&D are such SoBs sometimes

I do agree its annoying that her character exists, and that she was promoted from random winterfell whore to whatever the fuck she is now, and this season she hasn't even taken off her clothes, so she is completely pointless. But for me at least there are alot of other things that piss me off alot more.

Lack. of. Hound.

Oh poor ros she had so little time on camera

Not like other book characters who were omnipresent like say Ramsay Snow, the Reeds, lets not forget the Goat/ Vargo Hoat and the bloody mummers

All of them took away time from Ros, D&D are such SoBs sometimes

I now hope they cast the Reeds and then have them sit in the background of a few scenes and never say a word. Then just have some random knight hack their heads off.

Oh poor ros she had so little time on camera Not like other book characters who were omnipresent like say Ramsay Snow, the Reeds, lets not forget the Goat/ Vargo Hoat and the bloody mummers All of them took away time from Ros, D&D are such SoBs sometimes

Pardon me, my good man, but I do believe you’ve stumbled into the wrong thread. The one you’re looking for is

Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Pardon me, my good man, but I do believe you’ve stumbled into the wrong thread. The one you’re looking for is
. Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

HAHAHAHAHA, that is freakin' hilarious! and perfect, totally perfect!

:bowdown:

On a completely different note, I am very concerned that D&D has changed something that will not make sense later on. In the TV series they have Davos convincing Stannis to keep Mel behind, when in the book it was his Lords that did so, while Davos keeps his mouth shut. Further, it appears that Davos will possibly lead the attack on Blackwater.

My problem is how will Stannis trust Davos after getting him to keep Mel behind (which many will interpret as causing the defeat) and/or actually leading the battle and losing it.

Hope they find a way through that conundrum

Just been thinking about the scenes in the House of the Undying. There's no way they could do the RW "foretelling" without beings obvious surely?

A quick image of a body with a wolfs head sitting on a throne wouldn't reveal that much would it? Or just leave that part out

On a completely different note, I am very concerned that D&D has changed something that will not make sense later on. In the TV series they have Davos convincing Stannis to keep Mel behind, when in the book it was his Lords that did so, while Davos keeps his mouth shut. Further, it appears that Davos will possibly lead the attack on Blackwater.

My problem is how will Stannis trust Davos after getting him to keep Mel behind (which many will interpret as causing the defeat) and/or actually leading the battle and losing it.

Hope they find a way through that conundrum

I'm thinking Davos will give some kind of advice/order that everyone ignores. That will make him look like he knew what he was doing,

Bah! You aren’t going to be convinced if you think the books are Golden Tablets of Perfection handed down from the Lord God Almighty, and that every deviation from that Holy Scripture is a blasphemy deserving of being burnt at the stake — slowly.
Strawman alert.

By the way, I agree there are some improvements, such as Baelor! and the burning letter, but they aren't "fixes" that GRRM "screwed up".

I'd say the only thing that was really a big improvement was Theon's rant at Balon, "you sent me away" etc. Someone really did need to point out Balon's hypocrisy to him, heh.

Plus all the wonderful golden droplets of wit and snark generously sprinkled throughout: Jaime: Ned's bastard, what's his name again? Cat: Brienne.. Jaime: No, that's not it... :P
That's from the book. :rolleyes:

I'm feeling really pessimistic about HOTU I'm worried that it will kinda just be "strange" like the boat ride in charlie and the chocolate factory and not necessarily have any scenes from book. Obviously all the Money is gonna be the dragons blasting the undying, will there be enough for visions?

I'm thinking Davos will give some kind of advice/order that everyone ignores. That will make him look like he knew what he was doing,

I hope they get it right, but I have my worries

... that still doesn't make it make any sense that cersei would know about her. did jaime describe the whore who happened to be with tyrion to her in detail for no apparent reason before he (jaime) got captured by robb?

Jaime and Cersei were together off-camera Lord knows how many times in the following days. We weren't privy to those conversations, but the characters don't just cease to exist when their off-screen. If the writers play it out this way, it'll take -- at best -- one or two sentences of dialogue from Cersei when/if she reveals that she has Ros prisoner.

ummm just ahead of Tyrion? Tyrion went to the wall, back to winterfell, to the crossroads, captured by Cat, to the aerie, to the skycells, to the hillpeople, to Tywins camp to battle to recovery THEN onto KL. Ros was pimped by LF. So I dont see any connection between some random whore Tyrion hooked up with at Winterfell with a whore in LFs brothel a year or so later.

You're following book timeline, not show timeline. Also, if I'm right, it isn't like Cersei gets a Google alert on her Blackberry as soon as Ros steps off the boat in KL, but if Littlefinger wasn't lying and she does have spies... it would be more like she would get whisperings of Tyrion keeping a whore in the capital, sending her informers to dig for more info, then suddenly word arrives that the whore he met in Winterfell is now in KL. It wouldn't be an unbelievable jump for Cersei to assume it was her.

Jaime and Cersei were together off-camera Lord knows how many times in the following days. We weren't privy to those conversations, but the characters don't just cease to exist when their off-screen. If the writers play it out this way, it'll take -- at best -- one or two sentences of dialogue from Cersei when/if she reveals that she has Ros prisoner.

This makes me wonder if maybe Cersei does whatever to Ros, Tyrion thinks it Shae gives the ashes speech, and then later we see him with Shae warning her that it was a close call.

In the book Tyrion had Tommen in his custody and threatened whatever Cersei did to Alayaya would be done to Tommen. Beatings, rapes - and that he would do it himself. Think it was a pretty empty threat but Daddy Lannister gives him he'll over this in the next book.

Joy to ashes I can't remember fo sure. But same basic message.

Archived