How would you rate episode 207?

Ran

How would you rate episode 207?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

For sheer entertainment, 9/10 again - it's just so gripping, even if you've read the books. This series has really gone up a notch in the second half (so far).

I don't feel too strongly about the changes because they've been relatively well written in. Alton dying worked pretty well, that was a strong scene. In fact, this was the first episode where I'd say almost every scene was acted absolutely superbly. Perhaps one too many Ygritte-Jon scenes but I'm glad they're developing that relationship. I have a real thing for Ygritte - she's uh... feisty. ;) She reminds me of girls from Scotland (where I'm from), so that's probably why. I again loved Tywin-Arya, even if they need to get moving a bit with that storyline.

Qarth worked out well, I just dunno what happened really. It was wonderfully creepy though. Theon gets A+ again. Um, what else... yeah, no I couldn't find much to complain about. I'm sure a bunch of you will though haha.

Oh my GOD, I LOVED IT! Best episode of the show so far!! i am an avid book reader and I had to use my first post to post here, I loved it so much!! The ending specially, oh my, even though I am a book reader it still gave me all sort of feelings watching those bodies, all I could think of was how awesome it was.

And oh, the scene showing Harrenhall in all its haunting and ruined glory? BEST visual scene this show had so far!!!!!!! Gosh, awesome!!

I loooved what they did about Qarth too, Jeez! And the scenes with Jaime?? Wow, just, wow, blown away!!!

Oh God, I think I'm having an orgasm right here, I just LOVED IT!

Did I mention that I LOVED IT yet???

Edited by Arlborn

The coup of Qarth was awesome, but also a little alarming. Just like that they could take over Qarth.....well he is a warlock.

Also didnt like the change to Jon getting captured, dont see how they will get to the Qhorrin halfhands part.

Still overall, awesome episode. 9/10

Good, 7/10, although a step down from last week. The Jon/Ygritte scenes were a little slow. I'm becoming disappointed with the north-of-the-wall setting--too barren.

Arya/Tywin scenes were outstanding as usual. I am totally buying his interest in her, although it's superficially unlikely.

I'm enjoying Qarth (and Dany's story in general) more than I did in the books, but Dany herself is coming across as a bit too crazy. I get that they're playing up the "coin flip" Targaryen sanity, but I think it might be hurting the character.

The coup of Qarth was awesome, but also a little alarming. Just like that they could take over Qarth.....well he is a warlock.

Also didnt like the change to Jon getting captured, dont see how they will get to the Qhorrin halfhands part.

Still overall, awesome episode. 9/10

I'm assuming the Halfhand gets captured as well and Jon and Qorin will be ordered to fight eachother. Qorin then gives him his final command. I could see it working out alright.

8/10 again. Not perfect (in particular I thought the final reveal of "Bran and Rickon" was handled a bit clumsily, considering its importance) but a lot of nice touches throughout and the best exposition this season. Quick impressions:

- Apart from the end, Theon's story was again handled in top notch fashion. I'll admit despite my disdain for Theon's character that I was quite amused by his kicking the shit out of Black Lorren. LOL'd at the preceding dialogue - "the giant musta took em" "giant? you mean Hodor??" :D

- Loved all the stuff at Robb's camp, including "Talisa's" reaction when Robb wants to take her to the Crag!! Methinks a certain Lady Westerling hasn't quite been forthcoming with King Robb. :D The Jaime/Alton scene was fantastic because it succeeded in drawing me into the notion that it was just a long expository scene, then WHAM! Well played, D&D.

- Satisfied to this point with the Qarth story - the truth of my prediction (shared by several other boarders) that XXD was behind the dragon theft, at least in part, was no great surprise. The wanton murder of the Thirteen definitely was!! I'm eager to see how this gets resolved.

- The Sandor/Sansa scene was ok, albeit rushed.

- Tywin Lannister is not a moron! At least not a complete one. He knows Arya is highborn and I suspect (given 'milord/my Lord') has known all along. Since apparently Ty will be leaving Harrenhal next week, that little plotline is about to come to an end - again, excited to see what happens. BTW - speaking of Harrenhal, that establishing shot leading into Ty's window was fantastic. A+++ to the CGI folks!

- Quaithe!!! Fun little scene. Although I'm ready to see her speak with Dany directly.

- Another fun little scene was Bran/Rickon/Hodor/Osha.

- Jon & Ygritte was fine, but a little long and drawn out. Could have done with one fewer scene of them wandering around in the snow. Now we can be reasonably certain that Jon/Qorin won't go the same as in the books. Again not too happy about that but we'll see what happens.

This episode definitely had that "setup" feel to it, which is fine so long as the payoff works. Is it next Sunday yet?

A strong nine

The North scenes were great. "You know nothing Jon Snow." I'm not sure how they're going to handle the Halfhand turn, but we'll worry about that when the time comes. I really liked that Tywin made Arya eat from his table, knowing that someone was "trying to kill me." and that she's a highborn from the North somewhere. Was a very understated touch. Jamie's scenes were the best of the season. "All you'll have to do is die." Very Jaime. The story he told about Ser Barristan the bold was handled well. Even Dany's scenes were good, if not a little stiff, this week. But I can't blame her. With all the crap writing they've tossed her way this season, it's a miracle she remembers how to act at all. The overthrow was a cool add on. They over foreshadowed the two miller boys, but most fan's who haven't read the book probably still won't pick up on it. That being said, Theon's stuff this week was great. All and all one of the better shows this season. Only five has been better. And next weeks looks cool. The back half of this season is standing up well. Just like last year.

Edited by Died a Hero

Too much Jon & Ygritte - her voice just annoys me. Would've been nice to see Qhorin's last instructions to him, but maybe they could still put that scene in with Jon forced to make a choice in front of the wildlings. No idea what the Hound is doing in Sansa's room after she has her first period - is he gonna teaching her about periods now ? Glad Jaime's conversation with his cousin finally came to a point (cause up that I was thinking WTF), but compared to the conversation he could have had with Catelyn about Aerys, it just seems ridiculous. This was a five or six tonight only for that conversation between Cersei and Sansa.

9. One of the few good episodes this season, No Idea whats hapeing with Jon now, more pointless changes.

I was sad to see the Spice King go, he was the only good thing the tv show introduced. I was hopping he would play a part as a Yunkai Envoy in the future.

Even Dany's scenes were good, if not a little stiff, this week. But I can't blame her. With all the crap writing they've tossed her way this season, it's a miracle she remembers how to act at all.

I would have preferred a little more of the subdued and tempered confidence that she has gained from believing in herself--a strength she uses in allaying any doubts she may have to herself while shielding them others around her. It is that strength that has carried her and maintained her very loyal core of followers thus far. I think the directing has made her a little too shrill and disempowered compared to my take of her from the books.

Jon & Ygritte -- I think the idea is to try to build some chemisty here, hence the longer scenes.

Really surprised to be enjoying Ygritte on this show. 100% due to the actress' abilities. I LOATHED that character in ASoS. I thought her relationship with Jon was a contrived plot point...one of GRRMs only missteps in the series. But the actress playing her on the show might save this character for me and bring her into a new context. I love the chemistry she has with Jon. In the books I was a bit relieved when she died, but the show might actually have me bawling when she goes! Who woulda thunk it?

I think the episode was good save for too much Jon and Ygrette time. I continue to love Theon's story most of which is ripped right from the book for the most part. I'm glad they made a mention of the Brotherhood Without Banners although they could've let non-readers know a little more about them other than they annoy Lord Tywin. Especially when Tywin was complaining to The Mountain about them attacking the fringes of their army.

Something to the effect of "Lord Beric can't be killed" or "Lord Beric and that damned red priest are like ghosts".

The Qarth scene sort of took me by surprise where the thirteen died in a good way. Although I think Dany is too bratty for my taste I like how they handled her dragon disappearance.

It will make more sense down the road for non-readers when Xaro shows up in Meereen representing Qarth. I still can't see why someone would want to avoid reading the books, but to each his own.

The Robb stuff is starting to come into focus and I can see why so much time was spent on it. I don't like how they are handling Jon's story, but it looks like it will end up happening the same way it does in the book. I still think GRRM's version of things is better but whatever. I really think ghost should be with him more too but I guess that it costs too much to put him in most of the scenes. They need to give the show more money so we can see more of the dragons and the wolves they are just as important as any of the side characters. I gave it an 8

Edited by Sword of the Late Night

Overall an ok episode. I was looking forward to Jon letting Ygritte go and then havin Jon meet back up with Quorin Halfhand and the rest of the rangers. The chemistry between Jon and Ygritte happened more in SoS, but I enjoyed their scenes together. It really hit me when she said "you know nothing Jon Snow". The actress who plays Ygritte is pretty and feisty.

They did a good job on Theon's character arc. I liked how they mixed Black Lorren with the guy that was killed in CoK by Theon when raiding the fishing villages. So they combined that well. I also liked the look of emotion on Theon's face when he sees the 'bodies' of Bran and Rickon, priceless. They do a great job of replicating the book version of Theon.