How would you rate episode 207?

Ran

How would you rate episode 207?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Ahhhhhhhhhh a big footnote to my original post.

A huge potential mark decrease now hangs over the release of the Kingslayer. If he is released prior to the news of Bran and Rickon's death, then this is a fatal error. It is the reason as to why Catelyn frees him. To provide any other reason is farcical. If this occurs, episode and series take a massive blow.

9 Really great.

Now for the nitpicking:

The changes in the storylines actually keep the show interesting, though I don't love them all.

The other posters have made some good points.

Theon was a perfect blend ruthless, clueless, and desperate. Dany is coming off a bit crazy bratty, Tywin scenes are good TV, he sure can eat and drink it seems, as often as Arya shuttles back and forth to the table, haha. Not sure why they let the Hound find the moons blood. Still hate the new mountain actor, he has no emotion and is too thin, whereas the old mountain was straight scary. Dont love Brienne's awkward portrayal.

Another flaw that really bothers me for some reason: Hodor. Hodor sounded like a Shakesperian trained actor when he intelligently states Hodor twice. He is a half-wit he is supposed to mutter Hodor as a reflex, to something he can't express, yet somehow conveys his emotion. Such as Hodor? or Hodor! or Hodoooor... How hard is it to get that right?

Not sure how the cat sized dragons are going to burn down the House of the Undying. Anyone?

Edited by The Greenseer

A huge potential mark decrease now hangs over the release of the Kingslayer. If he is released prior to the news of Bran and Rickon's death, then this is a fatal error. It is the reason as to why Catelyn frees him. To provide any other reason is farcical. If this occurs, episode and series take a massive blow.

I agree, but still think there is time to work in news of Bran and Rickon before his release. I think that may be one of the cliffhangers in the final episode, leaving non book viewers to believe the Stark boys are dead till next season. Meanwhile Cat frees Jaimie.

Edited by The Greenseer

I agree, but still think tere is time to work that in before his release. That may be one of the cliffhangers in the final episode, Cat frees Jaimie.

Considering that the general concensus seemed to be that Jaime wouldn´t survive the night if he remained in the Stark camp, I assume he´ll be set free early in the next episode. Unless it´s a really long night (pun intended)

Gave it a solid 9 - I like the changes as it makes for good television.

1. The Pyat Pree/Xaro takeover of Qarth was well done. They had to do something to make that side of the world interesting. Can't wait for the House of the Undying.

2. I'm loving the exchange between Tywin and Arya. As smart as Tywin is he has to have some idea of who she really is. He knows that there is no way she is a stone mason's daughter.

3. I don't know if I could see Jaime killing a relative, even a distant one. I like the spin on his escape though.

4. The seeds of the Red Wedding are slowly being sown - The fall of Winterfell, the release of Jaime, the supposed death of Bran and Rickon, Robb is coming back from the Crag wed to Jenyne/Lady Talisa. All that is left is the Blackwater.

I have one major gripe. It was supposed to be Ramsay who devised the plan for the Miller's Boys. I wonder how much depth will the writers give the Ramsay character?

Pyat Pree appears to be insanely overpowered - with such abilities he should have taken over all of Westeros and Essos long ago.

No dragons = no magic.

Also Emilia Clarke's acting. I'm genuinely torn as to whether she is purposely trying to make Daenerys the whiny moron she becomes now or whether it's just simple bad acting.

Whatever it is its an ideal representation of Dany as intended, instead of the bs rose-tinted view that some readers have :P

I feel a bit guilty for giving it a 10, because it departed from the book in a number of ways, but it was so damned entertaining, I enjoyed it. The need to compress things into ten one-hour episodes means a lot gets left out, and that includes some characters. While I would have preferred to see certain things that had to be left out, there is enough of the book in the series to keep me happy.

I thought it was a pretty great episode. I wasn't too bothered by Catelyn releasing Jaime now, because she fears that her daughters will die if Jaime does (a reasonable assumption considering Joffrey and Cersei), and that with Robb away Karstark is going to succeed in killing Jaime before the night is over.

A solid 9. This is great television. I suspect that folks who have not read the books are better positioned to appreciate how truly excellent this television show is. It's not easy for those of us who have read, and re-read, the books to enjoy the series on its own terms.

The directors and writers should be applauded for how well they have adapted very difficult source material. They have made changes, both to narrative and characters. I have disliked some of them (I remain disappointed especially by the portrayal of Stannis); but have been pleasantly surprised by others (I love the changes they have made to Theon and his story).

Only two more episodes left. I hate to think that I will have to wait another ten months before season 3 begins.

Great episode! Gave it a 10 just because I couldn't find a scene that I thought was really bad and most scenes were just plain amazing imo. They even managed to make me like Shae! I love all the King's Landing stuff, and Arya and Tywin just blow my mind every time they have a scene together. The only things that bugged me this episode were:

1) Pyat Pree being quite overpowered. Really, if he can teleport and be at several different places at the same time... why would he even need the help of XXD?? But still, to me it's not that much of a big deal...

2) Still can't get completely on board with this new Jeyne/Talisa/whatever, probably because I already had my idea of Jeyne from the books and I don't manage to fully separate the characters...

3) A little too much Jon and Ygritte for one episode, but I'll let it slide because I think I'm falling in love with the actress playing Ygritte. I found Ygritte to be quite annoying in the books at times, but on the show she's just great :)

I think Cat will be the one to cut his hand off.

Gave it an 8. Kind of dragged in the beginning but then the second half became awesome.

Good stuff:

- That ending. The Theon arc this season has been done amazingly. For a second when they dragged out the miller I thought it was Reek and did a fist pump, then I saw that it was an old man.

- Jaime's acting was great, especially in his final scene. And his reaction to Brienne.

- I'm liking Talisa more and more, I'll just ignore her shitty intro scene from ep 2. The whole is she/isn't she a Westerling thing is quite intriguing. Looking forward to seeing them at the Crag next episode. I also enjoyed the look Roose Bolton gave her.

- Tywin/Arya scenes are always epic. That shot of Harrenhal looked so dope.

- I think they've done a good job with Jon & Ygritte. I wonder if we'll see Rattleshirt next week.

- The Qarth scenes are very exciting. Loved the coup. Hope we see the Undying next week!

- And don't forget about KL. More Sansa/Hound scenes were always a plus. Tyrion had only one scene this week and it was very good. Cersei empathising with Sansa but still being a cold bitch was nicely done.

Not so good stuff:

- Jaime bludgeoning his cousin to death was a bit jarringly out of character from book-Jaime, who they've played straight so far.

- They maybe dragged out the Ygritte/Jon scenes for a bit too long.

- No Joffrey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- The Bran & Co scene felt pretty awkward.

I think Cat will be the one to cut his hand off.

Ugh. If she does I'll probably throw things at my screen. But I see no reason why they'd change that, that scene played mostly like in the books, where Catelyn draws Brienne's sword on Jaime to make him swear a litany of vows (as revealed in Storm) before letting them out of Riverrun.

I gave the episode 8/10. Solid episode, I enjoyed most of it. Theon's arc continues to impress me. Rose Leslie made Jon watchable for me, which doesn't happen often, although they probably should have shortened the scenes a bit. Sansa/Cersei was great, as was Arya/Tywin. Took down a few points because Jaime's escape plan is pretty ridiculous (was he gonna walk all the way to King's Landing or something ?), because Cat keeps getting short-changed by the writers and because Cersei is being awfully maudlin, with Tyrion of all people.

Not so good stuff:

- Jaime bludgeoning his cousin to death was a bit jarringly out of character from book-Jaime, who they've played straight so far.

It seems in character to me. I always saw Jamie as someone who would stop at no means to preserve his and/or Cersei's interests. He threw a ten year old boy out of a window, after all.

He doesn't really start to change until after he gets his hand chopped off and learns some humility.

Edited by ledlevee

I think the portrayal of Dany is spot-on. In the book she's just as stupid, annoying and delusional "I'm the mother of dragons! i will take what is mine!" Bitch, nothing is yours.

I LOVED Jamie this week. He's just as evil, charming, dangerous and funny as I always imagined. They're setting up the situation so that Cat doesn't seem like an absolute retard for setting him free as she did in the book. Perhaps the viewers won't be as glad to have her killed as I was (yay! now she can stop ruining everything for everyone!). Developing a love story for Robb and Jeyne is good, too, as again in the book Robb disappears for a few pages and comes home with the love of his life. You just want to slap him. Here, you have some time for this attraction to develop, so the viewers will be more understanding when he destroys the whole Frey alliance for Jeyne.

What an awesome episode. This one was a bit of a set-up episode, but boy are they setting us up well!

I gave it a 10. There were a few too many Jon/Ygritte scenes for my liking, but the actress is good and the scenes didn't really detract from the rest of the episode.

2 points in response to the criticism I've seen:

1. Cat needs to release Jaime now if she wants Sansa and Arya back. If she doesn't, Jaime will be killed.

2. I really don't see how Dany was being whiny this episode. Her children have been kidnapped. Her handmaiden is dead. She's helpless; she promised to protect her people but she can't. The Qarth scenes were fantastic, as far as I'm concerned.

And I have to say that I'm really starting to love the relationship between Sansa and Shae (who is definitely an improvement on Martin's version).

A solid 9. This is great television. I suspect that folks who have not read the books are better positioned to appreciate how truly excellent this television show is. It's not easy for those of us who have read, and re-read, the books to enjoy the series on its own terms.

The directors and writers should be applauded for how well they have adapted very difficult source material. They have made changes, both to narrative and characters. I have disliked some of them (I remain disappointed especially by the portrayal of Stannis); but have been pleasantly surprised by others (I love the changes they have made to Theon and his story).

Only two more episodes left. I hate to think that I will have to wait another ten months before season 3 begins.

As someone who have only read "Game of Thrones" (atleast almost) everything that happens in the tv-episodes is a total chock. I understand that it must be hard to accept changes when you already know "the real" story behind, but on the other hand the changes gives the readers a chance to also get surprised. Maybe it is easier to enjoy the books and the series seperately? Like you said, the makers of the series have made a great job, it is impossible to follow the books correctly, but as far as I know, I´m really happy about what they have created. :)

Don´t know how I will survive until season 3 comes out (and this season hasn´t even ended)

No dragons = no magic.

Yep. He and presumably the other warlocks derive power from the dragons, which is why he wants to keep them and Dany at the HotU "forever." A number of clues point to this - in particular, Quaithe's cryptic conversation with Jorah in episode 4 has a great deal more resonance now, i.e. "dragons are fire made flesh, and fire is power."