[Book Spoilers]Ygritte: Is that a knife, or are you just happy to see me?

That would be cool but I can't see it happening. TV Show Jon has been turned into a complete moron.

I should be a writer :hat:

I don't think they've made Jon to look like a complete idiot though, he's still young, north of the wall where he's never been and alone. I just think that he "knows nothing"

I did fine the sexual teasing funny at first but it did seem to continue ever scene, I'm sure non book readers would be like, yes okay we get that Jon is going to sleep with her

Agreed, I don't see how Tormund takes a liking to this type of Jon Snow at this point, let alone Mance Raider.

Well, in the beginning Mance found Jon simply amusing. Can't say this reaction to Jon's character would be a stretch.

They also gave her some pure golden lines that made me laugh out loud. She wasn't that witty in the book so this is nice and amusing. I particularly loved when she asked Jon "Do ya got sheep at the wall? No? Yer use yer hands then... No wonder y'er all so miserable!" HAHA! :bawl:

Does anyone else find it hilarious that to Ygrette, sheep go before hands?

One question, could anyone who understood it better than me write down what she said when she was describing how he could live among the free folk:

"You are a pretty lad. Girls would ????? to have you or sth like that."

What would the girls do to be able to sleep with him?

One question, could anyone who understood it better than me write down what she said when she was describing how he could live among the free folk:

"You are a pretty lad. Girls would ????? to have you or sth like that."

What would the girls do to be able to sleep with him?

Claw each others eyes out.

Thanks! I thought it was something like that, only needed confirmation :).

I have that problem all the time, unfortunately it is AFTER i sleep with them. Guess I am sort of coyote ugly

While it did seem like Yigrette was going on and on about sex, I think they needed some way for Yigrette to escape. And since they didn't go along with the book, they used this aspect to fore shadow the Jon/Yigrette relationship later, and make put Jon in a situation he was total not comfortable with. But Yigrette poking at Jon and making fuc of his viginity, she was able to keep him distracted that she could escape when she wanted to. But I do love her character, and how she torments Jon.

While it did seem like Yigrette was going on and on about sex, I think they needed some way for Yigrette to escape. And since they didn't go along with the book, they used this aspect to fore shadow the Jon/Yigrette relationship later, and make put Jon in a situation he was total not comfortable with. But Yigrette poking at Jon and making fuc of his viginity, she was able to keep him distracted that she could escape when she wanted to. But I do love her character, and how she torments Jon.

all true but it made jon look weak

That's because at this stage in his development, he is weak. He is not incomptent as some seemed convinced of but is rather ignorant. Hence the line "You know nothing Jon Snow." He knows nothing but Winterfell and really is out of his element north of the Wall. He knows little about life in general other than what Ned has taught him and is naive. Just like Sansa is naive. Both have romantic notions of what life is like. For Sansa, it's the glamour and allure of court life and for Jon, being a man of the Night's Watch is a noble thing. Both have found out rather quickly that is not true and both are fumbling for how best to survive.

That's because at this stage in his development, he is weak. He is not incomptent as some seemed convinced of but is rather ignorant. Hence the line "You know nothing Jon Snow." He knows nothing but Winterfell and really is out of his element north of the Wall. He knows little about life in general other than what Ned has taught him and is naive. Just like Sansa is naive. Both have romantic notions of what life is like. For Sansa, it's the glamour and allure of court life and for Jon, being a man of the Night's Watch is a noble thing. Both have found out rather quickly that is not true and both are fumbling for how best to survive.

interesting, hadnt thought in these terms. TV Jon is suffering this issue far clearer than book Jon, probably the medium. I will keep this in mind as I reread the 1st few books

There are always people who like and dislike everything it seems. As my family was watching this last episode we couldn't stand the Jon-Ygritte scenes. It was just sex talk. The original poster actually prefers this over the stories of the northern ancestors?! I don't see how this makes her 3-dimensional.

I thought about the changes of Jon's TV character too. I can't recall exactly how it was in the books, but in the second season of the show, Jon's been lectured by someone most of the time. First it was LC Mormont - I recall two conversations how the LC lectured him about life and his duty in the NW after Jon did something stupid. Than that part was taken over by Qhorin. He lectures him a bit and then calls him stupid. And at the end Ygritte tells him he "knew nothing", after making him really uncomfortable with sex-jokes. Well, all I can conclude from this is that Jon is a stupid pretty boy (how about all the comments that he is a pretty boy - that was odd), who knows nothing and is a virgin. As much as I enjoy the Jon scenes in the second seaon (because he is my favourite character in the books and in the show), I hope they better start with some character-development next season.

There are always people who like and dislike everything it seems. As my family was watching this last episode we couldn't stand the Jon-Ygritte scenes. It was just sex talk. The original poster actually prefers this over the stories of the northern ancestors?! I don't see how this makes her 3-dimensional.

A good half the conversation was discussion of freedom, the Wildling culture, etc. and not anything to do with sex at all. Do you just blank that out?

Archived