Possible Jon POV in the Land of Always Winter

ledlevee

I read a pretty convincing post somewhere saying that Dany was AA, so I don't think jon is him. I think jon will definitely still be around in some form, though.

It would be cool to see a POV from benjen, especially if he is a wight. Was coldhands benjen or was he just a wight that Bloodraven was warging?

Benjen is Coldhands. We'll never see a POV for him as he is a form of wight. Jon is wounded but not dead- my guess if there is any supernatural infuence on his recovery, it will be from the Old Gods- possible communion with Bran. I agree that Bran is the only possible POV in the Land of Always Winter. Possibly none, though- GRRM has expressed that he loves the mystery of blank spaces on the map- of things we will never know.

Here's an insane thought I just had after reading your post. I'm not sure how I feel about the idea, but what if Jon is dead and he permanently wargs Ghost, and then Bran wargs Jon? Then Jon (warged by Bran) leads the fight against the others with Ghost (warged by Jon). Maybe I should ship this one to the crackpot theories thread.

I think the warging speculation has gotten a little out of control. Varamyr Sixskins was probably the greatest living warg and his warging victim went on a full-scale Bath Salts freakout. Jon really only skinchanged with Ghost once during a dream and has to be considered a rank amateur. Plenty of possibilities with Bran, but I still think the "green" powers only work on living things, i.e., not corpses, white walkers, or wights. I don't see Bran wanting to walk around in Jon's animated corpse, anyway. Come to think of it, I doubt Bran could "warg" an Other (ice made flesh) or a dragon (fire made flesh). His powers are of the Children of the Forest, definitely a third way.

Here's an insane thought I just had after reading your post. I'm not sure how I feel about the idea, but what if Jon is dead and he permanently wargs Ghost, and then Bran wargs Jon? Then Jon (warged by Bran) leads the fight against the others with Ghost (warged by Jon). Maybe I should ship this one to the crackpot theories thread.

That's an orgy of warging. A wargy.

• 11 months later...

Benjen is Coldhands. We'll never see a POV for him as he is a form of wight. Jon is wounded but not dead- my guess if there is any supernatural infuence on his recovery, it will be from the Old Gods- possible communion with Bran. I agree that Bran is the only possible POV in the Land of Always Winter. Possibly none, though- GRRM has expressed that he loves the mystery of blank spaces on the map- of things we will never know.

GRRM has said that we will see the lands of always winter. so it won't just be a blank space on the map

There's no way there will be a POV of a wight. They don't think, speak, or communicate. It would be rather dull to read a chapter of a brainless zombie walking around with no thoughts.

It worked with Warm Bodies

^ a better romance than Twilight

So... I'm pretty sure Jon dies. Why? Because in order to become king, he has to be freed from his Night's Watch oaths. And he's only freed from his oaths by his colleagues standing around saying 'and now his watch is ended'.

And yes, at some point he gets resurrected somehow -- and I'm pretty sure Mel will have something to do with it. Whether he wargs into Ghost or just remains mentally absent from the world until the resurrection, I'm not sure. But somehow he will be reborn amidst smoke and salt, and he'll kill Ghost with Longclaw and bring it into flaming life. (What do we know about the Mormonts' history and how they got Longclaw?)

What will be interesting is if Mel resurrects him accidentally, suddenly realizes Jon is Azor Ahai, and then has to face Stannis saying 'excuse me, Your Grace, but you aren't Azor Ahai. Sorry.' I think that might be the end of poor Melisandre.

The real question becomes 'what does Jon do after he's resurrected' -- he won't be a crow any more and most likely the NW will have splintered anyway. I'm kind of thinking that something about Jon's resurrection brings the Wall down anyway (the blue flower prophecy) so maybe he'll be too busy fighting the Others to worry about his role going forward.

The other possibility, of course, is that whatever happened to Coldhands happens to Jon -- he gets wighted and somehow then becomes truly sentient again. Did Benjen maybe warg away as the Others were killing his body, then warg back once he was a wight?

• 2 weeks later...

it would be awesome if benjen was alive slowly making his way through the land of always winter. i think its unlikely but there has always been a larger than life description of that stark generation. if anyone could be alive out there its him.

if its in a epilogue or prologue they wouldnt have to live long anyway.

i think its most likely that jon dies, wargs ghost and then some time later wargs back into his dead body. not resurrected by melisandre or becoming a white. I think the effect will be somewhere between cold hands and unberric. unaffected by the cold and not needing to eat or sleep.

if this is the case than he would be free to go up and face the great other personally.

We don't NEED Jon to be a Wright

We just need Bran to look through the Trees in the Lands of Always Winter. The Trees will reveal the plans.

Thank you for having a brain. ( :lol: )

Loathe as I am to admit it, if Benjen is still alive - and no, he's not Coldhands, he simply cannot be - then he is possible, I guess, but since I'm sure Benjen's at least not around for plot reasons (knowing Jon's parents) and I think he might be dead so there's even less Starks around, the very simple answer to this Lands of Always Winter story is BRAN.

Because he's already flown over it (don't think he needs trees), and he'll have to go back there. I'd like for Jon to get contacted by Bran when he's out, and for them to work together to defeat the Others, in however form they're coming, and Bran spying on them from the cave is how it will happen.

Or what else do people think Bran's going to do? Focus on the possible dragons in Asshai? Yeah, that's really helpful. Not. ;)

This is my first post so hello all.

Now onto the topic at hand, the likely hood of jon going that far north seems rather unlikely at this part of the story. This is almost without a doubt the job for a certain boy already north of the wall.

Now a lot of you seem to believe he isn't dead an that melisandra will play a major role in that, but how? We'll jon has his dream where he is atop the wall in black armor. What if it isn't truly armor but just the side effect of the spell ala victarion and his arm?

now that gives the idea a little more plausability IMO. I'd also like to tac on the fact that AA had to temper his blade in the heart of his wife to finish the creation of light bringer. Not to stray even more from the original topic, but i honestly believe that IF jon is truly going to be AA and wield Lightbringer he is going to somehoq end up plunging longclaw into mel somehow.

What do you guys think?

AA had to plung it into the woman he loved. It wouldn't be the same if it was Jon and Mel because Jon doesn't love her. I don't think he even particularly likes her. I think he'll have to kill Ghost,

Why would he kill Ghost? He chose honor over family. Ghost represents family. Would it not make more sense for him to kill Benjen? He is honor and family in one.

We don't even know if Benjen is still alive. He is he is most likely a wright anyways. Ghost is the thing Jon loves most more than anyone else. Just like AA loved his wife more than anyone else. It goes back to a great gift requiring a great sacrifice.

We don't even know if Benjen is still alive. He is he is most likely a wright anyways. Ghost is the thing Jon loves most more than anyone else. Just like AA loved his wife more than anyone else. It goes back to a great gift requiring a great sacrifice.

AnyONE else, yes. Anything, no. Jon chose honor. Honor over family, over Ned, over Robb. Benjen is likely still alive. He at least is coming back, one way or another. Benjen is a greater sacrifice than Ghost. No stark is complete without their wolf, Sansa has lost connection with everything the other Starks have not: the old gods, home.

Archived