Dragonslayer

unRobert

Some slight foreshadowing for a fight between Jaime and Viserion. From Dany 1 in ACOK.

Her hair had burned away in Drogo's pyre, so her handmaidens garbed her in the skin of the hrakkar Drogo had slain, the white lion of the Dothraki sea. Its fearsome head made a hood to cover her naked scalp, its pelt a cloak that flowed across her shoulders and down her back. The cream-colored dragon sunk sharp black claws into the lion's mane and coiled its tail around her arm, while Ser Jorah took his accustomed place by her side.

This is interesting, I hadn't really considered that one of the dragons might be killed... now it seems totally inevitable. Could be kind of cool if it happens in the heat of battle and one of the dragons sacrifices itself to save Dany.

This is interesting, I hadn't really considered that one of the dragons might be killed... now it seems totally inevitable. Could be kind of cool if it happens in the heat of battle and one of the dragons sacrifices itself to save Dany.

Cool? More like incredibly cheesy. Would be cool if one ate her alive, though.

Cool? More like incredibly cheesy. Would be cool if one ate her alive, though.

Haha well knowing GRRM your scenario is probably more likely. But eh, I don't think it's cheesy if written correctly. Regardless, if a dragon is going to be slain, I could see Jaime being the slayer-- or maybe it'll be Daario.

Haha well knowing GRRM your scenario is probably more likely. But eh, I don't think it's cheesy if written correctly. Regardless, if a dragon is going to be slain, I could see Jaime being the slayer-- or maybe it'll be Daario.

Daario? No! If his ego gets even more of a boost his head is going to explo...wait a minute! Yeah, that would be alright.

Maybe Daario will get stuck in a dragon's throat and cause it to choke to death!

Perhaps Loras Tyrell, who will die as a result. It just sounds like a good end for him.

But don't worry, dragon fans. There's a bunch of eggs left on Dragonstone. Someone (presumably the dragons themselves) can hatch a few more.

(If a dragon dies, I vote for Rhaegal. He's always had an attitude problem.)

But don't worry, dragon fans. There's a bunch of eggs left on Dragonstone. Someone (presumably the dragons themselves) can hatch a few more.

Why didn't Stannis sell them to finance his war or haven't they been found yet?

Some slight foreshadowing for a fight between Jaime and Viserion. From Dany 1 in ACOK.

Her hair had burned away in Drogo's pyre, so her handmaidens garbed her in the skin of the hrakkar Drogo had slain, the white lion of the Dothraki sea. Its fearsome head made a hood to cover her naked scalp, its pelt a cloak that flowed across her shoulders and down her back. The cream-colored dragon sunk sharp black claws into the lion's mane and coiled its tail around her arm, while Ser Jorah took his accustomed place by her side.

If this refers to any Lannister, it would be Cersei, and would foreshadow the fulfillment of Maggie the Frog's prophecy- a younger queen will cast her down from power.

Related to a theory I've seen tossed around that Tyrion will be one of the three dragon heads, if he were to ride Viserion, it would also foreshadow the portion of the prophecy saying the valonqar will choke her to death.

Why is Jaime the major Lannister threat to Dany at this point? He's on the path to redemption, and (presumably) headed off with Brienne to save Sansa.

Can you think of any realistic scenario in which Dany would not envision Jamie to be her number one enemy when she returns? Or at least most hated. He is the last of the men alive who did her family serious harm. (And a lot of this hinges on my hope that Dany will be more of an antagonist by the time she arrives with a foreign and/or ironborn army).

Archived