Dragonslayer

unRobert

I think this series can only be concluded with maximum one dragon alive, if any. I think it will be Drogon. Unless the other dragons show some kind of personality other than being a dragon they are just pawns.

I agree with Sam being a potential dragon slayer. Since balance is a huge theme, it makes sense that the character who slayed the embodiment of ice would also slay the embodiment of fire. And when we left him, he was joining the order that allegedly killed the dragons.

My other candidate for dragon slayer is Sandor. I just think dragon slaying would really fit his arc. Also if there is a match between Sansa and Aegon, I'm sure the SanSan fans won't mind if Aegon is the dragon Sandor slays.

what about the hound sent by the faith? (If he lives)

Why would the faith want the dragons dead? Yes, we have a hint that Citadel might try to kill them, but why the faith? Unless Dany takes up with the red priests and tries to take the iron throne, that way I understand why.

If a Dragon were to die, it would be nice if strayed from the conventional. So..no flashy pretty manly moody knights or princes, please. (Which includes Jaime. The idea of the Kingsguard knight, a kingslayer, worldly handsome, with golden hand killing a dragon seems really cliche sounding to me)

So more like, let's say...Sam, Arya, Brienne...Dol Edd, Davos...whomever.

The Others seem like likely culprits. Might be a stretch, but perhaps even one of those infamous ice spiders?

Wyman Manderly, Dragon attempts to swallow him whole and chokes to death. Chalk another one up for the Wyman the wide.

If I had to guess, I'd put my money on someone weilding Valyrian steel slaying a dragon if it ever comes to that.

Maybe a return of Blackfyre to the mix?

I know i really should but still the targs did stuff that the faith was not happy about but just turned a blind eye to such as incest.... I just can't see the faith loving dragons

No, I agree they won't love them, but I don't think they'd hate them that much. Stannis is with the red god, and the current queen is a whore who also does incest. They also don't have the strength to attack dragons, even with the hound. I just don't see the faith being that important in such matters. Yes they can run trials and such but not start open war against dragons, which means not only dragons but the unsullied, the dothraki and other troops of Dany. At least not while they're do weak!

Here's a thought - One (or more) dragons die in war with the Others and then get resurrected as dragon wights to fight the still living dragon(s). So we'd get dragons dying, dragon on dragon, and ice vs. fire all at the same time! Maybe wight dragons breathe super cold breath or something...

PS - first post

Here's a thought - One (or more) dragons die in war with the Others and then get resurrected as dragon wights to fight the still living dragon(s). So we'd get dragons dying, dragon on dragon, and ice vs. fire all at the same time! Maybe wight dragons breathe super cold breath or something...

PS - first post

not a bad idea if would make some great action and balance out the fight.

Brienne and Jaime kill one dragon, the Others kill and reanimate a second, Sam kills the wight dragon, Drogon survives to the end.

yeah it will suck if drogon does not outlive the other two. he is a beast! I think he might die at the end though so that magic starts to leave the world again..

If it costs more than an army to slay a princess, then how much would it cost to slay a dragon? Who could afford such a thing? Iron Bank of Braavos.

Why would they hire a Faceless Man to kill a dragon? Stannis just financed his 7 kingdoms. They don't need Dany to come along and conquer them.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Arya will have some part in slaying a dragon.

Now I'm starting to wonder which order they'll die in. I hadn't thought of that before... :leaving:

If it costs more than an army to slay a princess, then how much would it cost to slay a dragon? Who could afford such a thing? Iron Bank of Braavos.

Why would they hire a Faceless Man to kill a dragon? Stannis just financed his 7 kingdoms. They don't need Dany to come along and conquer them.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Arya will have some part in slaying a dragon.

Now I'm starting to wonder which order they'll die in. I hadn't thought of that before... :leaving:

to me it does not see like the sort of thing the FM would be involved in because they are all about releasing people from there mortal coil..... At least that is the way it seems to me.

Archived