[Book Spoilers] Project: Screen-time of Characters

teemo

THESE ARE THE SCREEN-TIMES OF CHARACTERS FROM EPISODES 1-7:

Average length of a scene - 3:02

Longest scene - Jaime Lannister talking to Alton in jail (6:05)

Most screen-time overall - Jaime Lannister 11:15, followed by Catelyn Stark at 9:11

Tyrion Lannister - 52:25

Arya Stark - 49:27

Jon Snow - 39:55

Theon Greyjoy - 38

Daenerys Targaryen - 37:37

Catelyn Stark - 34:11

Petyr Baelish/Littlefinger - 28:25

Cersei Lannister - 27:17

Davos Seaworth - 24:52

Sansa Stark - 24:21

Brienne Tarth - 24:01

Varys - 22:13

Robb Stark - 20:55

Renly Baratheon - 20:43

Bran Stark - 20:01

Xaro Xhoan Daxos - 19:53

Joffrey Baratheon - 19:42

Stannis Baratheon - 19:31

Gendry - 19:19

Melisandre - 18:32

Tywin Lannister - 18:22

Jaime Lannister - 14:44

Samwell Tarly - 13:15

Sandor Clegane/The Hound - 12:43

Margaery Tyrell - 11:37

Ros - 11:00

Shae - 10:21

Loras Tyrell - 9:31

Asha/Yara Greyjoy - 8:43

Grand Maester Pycelle - 8:17

Balon Greyjoy - 7:34

Roose Bolton - 5:05

Noticed Tyrion really only had one scene this week, which is unusual for him. Either way he'll still have the most screen time at the end of the season.

And also, the more Roose Bolton the better imo.

I agree, Roose is great and I would love to see some more of him.

We really need to see more of Stannis and Davos..they have been MIA for so long it is ridiculous.

Also, Varys has been gone for a very long time.

Same with Hot Pie..he has been phased out almost completely..which sucks :(

Brienne is higher than I would have expected, but I guess she was standing there for the entire Cat scene with Jaime...

Stannis/Davos must return this episode or viewers are going to forget he even exists when he comes to KL...I remember in book rooting for Stannis when it was Davos' chapter and rooting for KL when it was Tyrion's chapter. I don't see any viewers rooting for Stannis which is a shame as we should want him to win (IMO).

Yeah, characters like Gendry, Xaro, Brienne, they are highly inflated due to being around another character that grabs all of the attention. That's why I haven't even done some characters, like Jorah. He's virtually in every scene with Dany, minus this last week with Quaithe. I did Gendry and Xaro by request, and Brienne's will start to be different when she's not with Cat. I remember one scene with Cat, I had to look very, very closely to see if Brienne was in the background. I decided I couldn't, so I didn't include it. I pretty much give any character screen-time minutes though that's visible, even if they're just standing there (or dead. I gave Renly his dead minutes). And timing it is nothing fancy, I just manually do it. Yeah, I'm a dork!

Brienne is higher than I would have expected, but I guess she was standing there for the entire Cat scene with Jaime... Stannis/Davos must return this episode or viewers are going to forget he even exists when he comes to KL...I remember in book rooting for Stannis when it was Davos' chapter and rooting for KL when it was Tyrion's chapter. I don't see any viewers rooting for Stannis which is a shame as we should want him to win (IMO).

Agreed, I was hoping Stannis won the whole time but didn't want Tryion to die. Problem is in the series Tyrion is the most liked character and people haven't seen enough of Stannis and Davos to like them so really people are going to be rooting for the Lannisters

Thanks again for compiling this, it is always appreciated.

Funny how the outrage of certain characters lack or excess of screen time was so hotly debated at the start of the season. After 7 episodes, the list now looks quite reasonable, I'd say. I'd have a hard time seeing anyone argue with ranking of the top 5.

Haa....exactly zero :P And Stannis has been MIA for.....4 episodes now? :(

He appeared in The North Remembers, The Night Lands, Garden of Bones and The Ghost of Harrenhall, that means he didn't appear in What Is Dead May Never Die, The Old Gods and the New and A Man Without Honor. So he's MIA for two episodes now. Same for Davos. We need more screentime for them!

Archived