[Book Spoilers] EP 207 Discussion Part Deux

I find it impossible to take Vargo Hoat seriously with his lisp; I can't imagine how his men keep a straight face.

And them I remember what kind of guy he is and I have absolutely no problem with it.

I find it impossible to take Vargo Hoat seriously with his lisp; I can't imagine how his men keep a straight face. And them I remember what kind of guy he is and I have absolutely no problem with it.

Oh well, he's known for cutting of feets and hands and the like, I know I would do everything it took to keep a straight face.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but in the scene with Jorah and Quaithe, did it seem to anyone else as if Jorah had a look of recognition on his face after she tells him to draw his sword? I thought I was imagining things, but I talked to someone else who thought the same without hearing my suggestion first. I personally don't believe the Quaithe-is-Ashara theory, but something about the look he gives her keeps nagging at me.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Someone else pointed this out, and I though it was really interesting.

Check out this scene with Robb, Talisa and Roose Bolton:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YLy5_knIDMI

After staring at Talisa and Robb with suspicion, at 1:45 Roose literally flips his cloak. That's gotta be an intentional metaphor.

I just rewatched the episode again and noticed that, too! Such a great little "Easter egg."

I'm re-watching S2 on Blu-Ray and thought I'd comment on each episode w/ their respective special features as I go. Yes, I know there's a general S2 blu-ray thread, but it's a long and unwieldy beast. I'm wondering what people think about each episode after a second viewing and w/ the added bonus of the commentaries, histories, maps, etc.

Showrunners David and D.B. give their second audio commentary (their first was on S2E1) and compared to their other one it's very disappointing. No comments at all on changes from the novel, it's just an hour of fapping over how beautiful IcelaNd is and ass-kissing all the actors. :mellow: