Victarion Greyjoy

Gordon Freeman

Like I've said before, Ray Stevenson is the perfect choice for Victarion. But, if for some reason they can't get him, Vinnie Jones would be a good alternative.

I'd love to get Ian McShane on Game of Thrones, but he's way too old to play Euron. He's supposed to look like this, and there's no way McShane can pull that off.

But, I think he would be perfect for Aeron with the look he has in the picture. The beard, the long hair, everything reminds me of the Damhapir. Even though he's Balon's younger brother, I always imagined him as looking a bit older than he really is, kind of...worn out, I guess.

I agree that Ian may be a bit too old, he is in fact 3 years older than Patrick Malahide who plays Balon.

But on the other hand, Patrick was made to look a lot older in Game of Thrones and Ian looks quite youthful for his age (from my memory of Deadwood).

So IMO it could work.

Also, looking at the picture you attached, I think that it portrays a man around the age of 30, which I think is way to young for Euron.

As an alternative may I suggest David O'Hara:

http://images.zap2it...vid-ohara-1.jpg

He has the best gravely voice and him and Ray would make a good team, I reckon.

I think he may have been mentioned earlier but Bobby Cannavale from the third season of Board Walk Empire would make a decent Victarion. The guy's just under 6'3" and wide. Can easily tower over everyone as Victarion should.

http://images.hitfix...walk-Empire.jpg

Obviously with beard, long hair and Greyjoy armor. A recurring event in BE was someone making a joke about him or proving him ignorant on a topic and his often irrationally violent response. I could imagine the scene about sailing on the Dothraki Sea that way.

I think an important thing the show would have to do, regardless of the actor is to show us how incredibly badass Victarion is, if not very nice. Up til now all the people who are only watching the show only have Theon, Yarra/Asha and a brief scene with Balon to judge the Iron Islanders.

Heck if you wiggled the timeline around the first scene could be him catching Talbert Serry's sword and throwing him into the sea.

I think Kevin was joking when he said that in conversation with Jame Purefoy.

I just looked back at the article, and it had been updated to include the fact that Purefoy was being somewhat jovial. Even some of the loudest jokes echo truth though. I'd still love either of them to be in GoT, in any role. Maybe now that we have their buddies Caesar and Brutus they'll reconsider.

Like I've said before, Ray Stevenson is the perfect choice for Victarion. But, if for some reason they can't get him, Vinnie Jones would be a good alternative.

I'd love to get Ian McShane on Game of Thrones, but he's way too old to play Euron. He's supposed to look like this, and there's no way McShane can pull that off.

But, I think he would be perfect for Aeron with the look he has in the picture. The beard, the long hair, everything reminds me of the Damhapir. Even though he's Balon's younger brother, I always imagined him as looking a bit older than he really is, kind of...worn out, I guess.

I think McShane is perhaps a bit too "comical" to play even Damphair. :thumbsdown:

I think it might have been me who said Bobby Cannavale, but I frankly can't remember, either way I'm claiming credit. :P He was just so imposing in BE, without losing the comedy of the character. He'd be great, whether they can make him look like a Greyjoy is possibly the biggest issue. He just looks like an Italian.

Vinnie Jones... Is his acting up to it?

Maybe as an out there possibility. Jeffrey Dean Morgan? He might be a little too smiley though.

And now I just want Jared Padalecki as Euron :P

Archived