Three-eyed crow and the last Blackfyre pretender

BAHAHAHA! If I were drinking something it may have come out my nose. Modern music to people's problems in ASOIF

Oh don't get me started.... I can apply rap music to just about anything :P (King's Landing State of Mind yo)

I now see a lot of others have already replied, but I'll add my 2 cents. Short answer, we don't know exactly why he was imprisoned. Him and Maekar are known to have little love for each other. There has to be more to it. I don't like plenty of people in my family but I wouldn't send them to the worst dungeons in Westeros because of it. But if I had to guess it would be because King Maekar found out about his skinchanging abilities. I think that the Targaryens have never gotten very involved in the North (or people that worship the old Gods for that matter) because they fear them and their abilities. But I'm excited to find out specifics. Hopefully there will be many more Dunk & Egg stories that give us answers we have been waiting for. Such as Bloodraven's imprisonment, and also the tragedy at Summerhall.

I don't think Varys has any idea that Bloodraven is alive, much less that he is as powerful as he is.

We have some pretty good evidence that Dany is not barren, as Mirri Maz Duur has said.

Actually Varys would know about bloodraven. Varys is very well versed. He knows history. If he is backfyre, then he knows about Bloodraven. He also knows that the nightswatch probably doesn't remember anything about him either. Varys is smart. Somebody with so a huge reputation within westeros and then suddenly disappears to the nights watch. and the nights watch doesn't remember him at all? he knows that something is fishy.

Actually Varys would know about bloodraven. Varys is very well versed. He knows history. If he is backfyre, then he knows about Bloodraven. He also knows that the nightswatch probably doesn't remember anything about him either. Varys is smart. Somebody with so a huge reputation within westeros and then suddenly disappears to the nights watch. and the nights watch doesn't remember him at all? he knows that something is fishy.

He would know from history, but not that Bloodraven is beyond the Wall in a cave of the Children of the Forest. Not sure if Varys was even born when BR went to the wall. Most people would assume he died at the Wall.

That's right! But I don't get the impression he's totally omniscient. I also don't remember any hints in the books that he knows of Aegon's existence. Could he really somehow interfere with Aegon's plans? We know he directly communicated with Bran, possibly with Jon through Mormont's crow, but can he really be THAT big of an influence on Aegon short of warging a bunch of animals to engage him battle? I don't necessarily believe he can see a prophecy through, or break one if he so desires, simply by observing or communicating through animals/people/dreams. Characters seem like they're gonna to do what they want to do.

I've also been confused by Jojen's knowledge of him. I've always thought Bloodraven was communicating with him this whole time, guiding Bran to him, but is that ever stated (explicitly or hinted) in the book?

I think it is hinted strongly that Bloodraven was communicating to Jojen

Bloodraven is completely separated from the Blackfyre Rebellions. He is fighting the Others and will do whatever it takes, which may end up causing involvement in Aegon's story. But I think it is more likely for him to get involved in Dany's story, since she had dragons.

IMHO.

Bloodraven represents warging, greenseers, the cold, north and darkness. He is also with Bran. He isn't related to Dany IMO. I believe White Walkers will join Bloodraven and Bran

This is the point in which I dearly wish we had more Dunk and Egg stories.....but at the same time, I suppose there are some things we aren't supposed to know yet so as not to spoil the actual series. :P

Well I believe GRRM said that he can make as many as like 9 Dunk and Egg stories starting with the She Wolves of Winterfell, so I cant wait

No I know that Varys was aware of his existence. I mean that he isn't aware that he is still alive, and he has no idea of Bloodraven's power.

He would know from history, but not that Bloodraven is beyond the Wall in a cave of the Children of the Forest. Not sure if Varys was even born when BR went to the wall. Most people would assume he died at the Wall.

I should have kept reading, you had my back

No I know that Varys was aware of his existence. I mean that he isn't aware that he is still alive, and he has no idea of Bloodraven's power.

Exactly. Even *if* Varys knew about BR, and *if* is indeed a Blackfyre supporter......wouldn't he be directly opposed to Bloodraven? Not to mention Varys' (apparent) hate for magic and sorcery. Seems like if Varys did know of BR's continued existence, he would be in opposition to BR. Perhaps not, if Varys knows of the Others and thought that BR was working against them. But so much is unknown in that regard, really. I just don't think BR and Varys would be secret buddies working together.

Exactly. Even *if* Varys knew about BR, and *if* is indeed a Blackfyre supporter......wouldn't he be directly opposed to Bloodraven? Not to mention Varys' (apparent) hate for magic and sorcery. Seems like if Varys did know of BR's continued existence, he would be in opposition to BR. Perhaps not, if Varys knows of the Others and thought that BR was working against them. But so much is unknown in that regard, really. I just don't think BR and Varys would be secret buddies working together.

Varys would definitely be against Bloodraven (assuming Varys is a Blackfyre supporter). But, there is no way in seven hells that Varys has any idea of Bloodraven's continued existence.

Bloodraven represents warging, greenseers, the cold, north and darkness. He is also with Bran. He isn't related to Dany IMO. I believe White Walkers will join Bloodraven and Bran

I agree him meeting up with Dany is incredibly unlikely. That is why I said more likely than with Aegon.

I should have kept reading, you had my back

^^

He would be opposed to Bloodraven. But being a greenseer and being aware of all the things Bloodraven is aware of... well I honestly don't think he cares who sits the Iron Throne. He has bigger fish to fry.

So i don`t know who statet this a while ago in this thread, but someone aksed, why would BR be interested in Aegon - he is interested in EVERYTHING

next common thing in this thread also seems to be that BR hasmore important things to do than messing with the Iron Throne

I think BR is interested in this all, because he pulls ALL the strings.

BR is GRRMs figure to bring ALL the strings together, finally. He knows about everything that goes on, went on, will be going on, just not the end of it. but he damn sure wants to influence the outcome.

his opposite is Quaith. they`re the two sides of one coin (btw this is why i suspect Quaithe is Shierra Seastar who was always able to preserve her beauty and youth)

BR was destined to end up behind the wall. Shierra Seastar was destined to end up in the mystics of the other continent.

They are the ones leading jon and dany together, at least their story archs, or against each other.

the only one messing with them is tyrion. always showing up in critical moments of other players and manipulating players into doing something stupid not laid out by the two of them.

a bit off topic for the rest i statet. some points to the starks and warging.

i`m pretty sure they`re warging ability has something to do with "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell". they`re some kind of direwolf warg/skinchange kings and that`s why they`re ruling the north. they maybe have some magical bond with the soil, made through they`re blood or a blood sacrifice which ties them to the old goods with a promise to keep them as gods, to remember what`s the north about. they were never compromising with their belief. with them the north stands or dies, cause the north remembers. and the north remembers because deep down they`re still aware of the weirwood network, which stores everything. and the starks, through some kind of magical bond, have the greatest access to use it. like the wildlings choose to follow just the one who is most able (and this is not just strengh although it has a lot to do with it, but remember Mance also seduced through his instrument) the north chose to follow the starks, cause they were and are the ones with the greatest ability. but it came with a prize, they promised to preserve the old ways.

If Bloodraven would still care about as mortal trivialities as who the fuck sat upon the Iron Throne I'd be really, really pissed. But that's quite unlikely. GRRM has set up since AGoT that the Game of Thrones does not matter at all when winter is coming and the dead are rising in the night. Even the Old Bear and Jon Snow had that much sense back in AGoT. And Bloodraven already proved that he does not give a damn about politics anymore, back in Bran's dream chapter when he erased the whole Jaime-Cersei-incest-memory from his mind.

So even Varys/Illyrio and Aegon would be Blackfyres, Bloodraven would not hold that against them.

If Bloodraven would still care about as mortal trivialities as who the fuck sat upon the Iron Throne I'd be really, really pissed. But that's quite unlikely. GRRM has set up since AGoT that the Game of Thrones does not matter at all when winter is coming and the dead are rising in the night. Even the Old Bear and Jon Snow had that much sense back in AGoT. And Bloodraven already proved that he does not give a damn about politics anymore, back in Bran's dream chapter when he erased the whole Jaime-Cersei-incest-memory from his mind.

So even Varys/Illyrio and Aegon would be Blackfyres, Bloodraven would not hold that against them.

I actually agree and hope this is the case in terms of how BR views things. Though on Varys' part, I don't know if I see him ever liking/working with someone who is/was a sorcerer....unless of course his stated hatred of magic is yet another outright lie.

i haven`t said he cares about who sits the iron throne. i said he cares what happens overall.

i mean how long has he been waiting for the promised prince? observing the land of always winter and the white walkers as the rest of westeros for signs that time has come?

why is it described where the ghostwoods are in all of the books? and a lot of things happen in front of weirwoods, so i guess there`s a reason behind it.

i suppose the only one he cannot reach is dany. but he surely knows that there are dragons as tagaryens can sense them.

so if he cares for aegon, i mean it in the sense of he cares if aegon might be a possible dragon rider as there must be three of them.

I think Bloodraven absolutely cares who sits the Iron Throne. He will not allow it to be a Blackfyre. He spent his entire life hating Bittersteel, and will not allow his goals to be completed. Not to mention he spent his entire adult life (at King's Landing) keeping tabs on Blackfyres and putting down their rebellions.

When you join the Night's Watch, all your former allegiances go away. And when you become a tree and find out about the Others this should be much more important than who sits on some iron chair. And we can be sure that Bloodraven ever hated the Blackfyre. There are those who assume that Daemon Blackfyre (and not Daeron Targaryen) was the brother Bloodraven loved...

When you join the Night's Watch, all your former allegiances go away. And when you become a tree and find out about the Others this should be much more important than who sits on some iron chair. And we can be sure that Bloodraven ever hated the Blackfyre. There are those who assume that Daemon Blackfyre (and not Daeron Targaryen) was the brother Bloodraven loved...

I completely agree. I always figured that Bloodraven may have loved Daemon. It was his hatred for Bittersteel that made him choose the other side, his hatred for Bittersteel that continues his quest to destroy the Blackfyre line.

Archived