Crusader King II

Skagosi Lords have it tough when the Warden of the North throws a feast. My first Lord maimed and killed all comers even though he was always the underdog. I figured maybe his heir who has green sight and more tactical ability would do even better but no, Greatjon decided it was time to declare duelsies and slew my heir not even a month into his reign. Now a boy cannibal is Lord, surrounded by his adult uncles and their foreign scheming wives.

Love. This. Mod.

Are the Targaryens set to die young in the second scenario? I tried to play a House Martell Fire and Blood revenge scenario by betrothing Arianne to Viserys, Quentyn to Daenerys and Nymeria to Aegon but all three Targaryens died before the year ended.

Are the Targaryens set to die young in the second scenario? I tried to play a House Martell Fire and Blood revenge scenario by betrothing Arianne to Viserys, Quentyn to Daenerys and Nymeria to Aegon but all three Targaryens died before the year ended.

yes, that bugg has been noticed by the developers

yes but they don't have much to do right now, the wildlings and others are not included yet (work in progress) :)

That sounds interesting! I have only played the demo of CK2 and as I recall, the game ends, if there is no heir of your own dynasty.

But playing the NW would require the election of the LC. How is this going to work? Can the game be moddified in a way that you take control of the next elected LC after your character's death?

yes, that bugg has been noticed by the developers

Ah, I thought it might have been done deliberately to simulate them running off to Essos. While I'm reporting bugs, I might as well mention that if you catch one of your subjects carrying out the Lord's right and you punish them with prison it ends up with them imprisoning you rather than the other way round. Just in case no-one else has noticed that yet. Other than that, it's really amazing. I'm playing the Boltons right now anyway so it just doesn't feel right to punish people for that anyway.

Question - how hard is it to get into CK2 just from playing the mod? Do I need to play some rounds in vanilla first? I've gone through the tutorials and I'm enormously confused already.

I haven't played vanilla yet and I got the hang of it after an hour or so. Try playing a smaller house at first, there's a lot less to manage. Bolton was a lot easier to get into than Martell.

Another thing that I forgot to mention earlier. I couldn't switch sides in the War of the Usurper because one of the conditions was that Aerys had to worship the Old Gods which seemed a little strange.

I've been playing this for the few days, and the mod is pretty polished already.

I also got the ruler designer dlc, so I can create my own house, which was fantastic.

I created my house as lord of the willow wood and have managed to get myself Harrenhal and Darry high lordships so far. I gave the first ruler of my house fertility bonus', as the houses I'd briefly played to test it out (Tarth, Tarly and Dayne of High Hermitage) didn't seem keen to give me more sons... Unfortunately I think I made myself too fertile (and married a super fertile specimen of maidenhood, to boot), as I have 8 true born sons, 9 true born daughters and a brace of bastards of each sex too and I'm barely in my mid 30's...

I'll need to get a move on if I'm to provide lands for my sons... They can't all join the Nights watch!

I've been playing this for the few days, and the mod is pretty polished already.

I also got the ruler designer dlc, so I can create my own house, which was fantastic.

I created my house as lord of the willow wood and have managed to get myself Harrenhal and Darry high lordships so far. I gave the first ruler of my house fertility bonus', as the houses I'd briefly played to test it out (Tarth, Tarly and Dayne of High Hermitage) didn't seem keen to give me more sons... Unfortunately I think I made myself too fertile (and married a super fertile specimen of maidenhood, to boot), as I have 8 true born sons, 9 true born daughters and a brace of bastards of each sex too and I'm barely in my mid 30's...

I'll need to get a move on if I'm to provide lands for my sons... They can't all join the Nights watch!

I had a load of sons as Roose Bolton and after a while they started murdering each other. That's kind of to be expected with the Boltons I guess.

That sounds interesting! I have only played the demo of CK2 and as I recall, the game ends, if there is no heir of your own dynasty.

But playing the NW would require the election of the LC. How is this going to work? Can the game be moddified in a way that you take control of the next elected LC after your character's death?

yes, the game has been modified that way, if you play as the NW then you just take the role of the next elected LC after your current LC dies, in one of my games Black Walder Frey became LC and was succeded by Dolorous Edd :/

yes, the game has been modified that way, if you play as the NW then you just take the role of the next elected LC after your current LC dies, in one of my games Black Walder Frey became LC and was succeded by Dolorous Edd :/

lol, who knows, perhaps it will happen in the books as well ;)

All these reviews are very convincing, I think I am going to buy the full version of CK II and install the mod. It seems to be much fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Good, I just had a fucking awesome alternate to the War of the Five Kings.

Robert, having fallen in love with Eddard, asked him to be with him as his lover (oddly, Stannis had the 'homosexual' trait as well, so all the Baratheons were gay). Eddard refused, and in a rage Robert revoked the North from him. In response, Eddard raised his banners in rebellion, with Lord Edmure, and Bronze Yohn, the appointed lord of the Vale allying with him. Standing with Robert were his brothers Stannis and Renly, who brought the might of the Stormlands with them, as well as the Hand of the King, Tywin Lannister and the armies of the Westerlands. In response, Dorne sided with the rebel Ned Stark, with the Reach and Iron Isles staying neutral... for the time being.

As ever, the armies clashed in the Riverlands, where Edmure Tully fell in single combat to Robert Baratheon. In the South, Renly fought the Dornish, and blood flowed in the Red Mountains of Dorne, before falling in battle to Oberyn. Tywin charged into the Riverlands and the Vale, laying seige to castle after castle and winning battle after battle, though his campaign was cut short with the Tyrells siding with the Rebels, which forced him to bring his troops south against them. All was not lost for Robert however, as Balon - and later his son, Rodrik, declared for Robert, and launched attacks on the Reach, Dorne and the Vale.

Just as his Robert's Rebellion 17 years ago had been decided by him slaying Rhaegar in personal combat on the Trident, this war was defined by Robert's duel with Eddard north-west of King's Landing. Time had not decayed Robert's skills however, and he slew Eddard in battle, their friendship long, long over. While the rebellion was decided here, Bronze Yohn also fell in battle to Robert, though after a much longer duel.

Imprisoned for the crimes of his father, his son and heir, Robb Stark demanded a trial by combat, but like his father, he was no match for Robert and his warhammer. Several years later, with winter over and a new summer dawning on Westeros, Robert Baratheon the first of his name, the gay tyrant, died - with the realm passing into the hands of his kindly, charitable and just son, Joffrey Baratheon (black of hair).

Archived