Crusader King II

I really love the duel system. I wish vanilla CK2 had it too.

So, I started a game as Tywin on the War of the Five Kings scenario. He killed Robb Stark in single combat right on the start of the scenario and got the nickname "the Kingslayer" just like Jaime, but was wounded by Robb in the duel and died a few months later of an infected wound. So Tywin and Robb had a kind of and Arryk and Erryk situation, although they obviously were not twins :lmao: . When I started playing as Tyrion, Joffrey died of illness and Tommen took the throne, but he also died a couple of years later, in a "suspicious accident". So Myrcella ended up on the throne and stayed there for 40 years, but she was married to Trystane Martell, and not in a matrilineal marrage, so the Martells ended up on the throne after her.

Playing as Tyrion's son, Tytos, I didn't accept the Martells on the throne and took it for myself after forging a claim (Tytos was already pretty old by then) with the support of almost all paramounties, except for Dorne (obviously), the Vale (that proclaimed independence) and the Iron Islands (that remained independent after Robb and Stannis were defeated). Right after taking the Throne with ease, I attacked the Vale, but I should have waited a bit longer, as many of my forces were weak because of the recent war, though I managed to annex the Vale after five years. Tytos was my favorite character in that playthrough. He had 25 of martial and 15 of diplomacy, along with some excelent traits. For some reason, he was branded "the Tyrant" He had many children, his heir Jaime also had very good traits, but wasn't as good as his father. Tytos died two years after taking the Vale.

His son Jaime inherited the throne and he wasn't very accepted among the nobility and his older half-sister Joanna despised him. The Iron Islands were still independent, so I, as Jaime, attacked them. Only the North, the Riverlands and the weakened Stormlands (that was recovering from a recent civil war) supported him, while the rest ramained neutral. Jaime's sister, Joanna, who had only the lordship of Lannisport, took advantage of the situation and declared war against me to take the throne for herself. She had only Lannisport, but the Reach joined her along with some lesser Westerlords and Crownlords (the Westerlands still belonged to me). That was a tough war, but it lasted only two years and I managed to win. Then I focused on the Ironmen and took the Iron Islands.

After reuniting the realm nothing big happened for 30 years, so it got a bit boring and I stopped playing around 390 AL (and CTDs started to become very frequent). From 299 to 390, a lot has changed. The Starks were extinct because of some dumb marriages and the Arryns inherited the North; the Baratheons lost the Stormlands to the Dunns, but I gave it back to them after I tried to arrest Lord Dunn for some plot and he resisted; the Tyrells lost the Reach to house Serry after a civil war.

Best ASOIAF/GOT mod/game I've played so far.

War of the Five Kings

Started as a ruler desgned lord in the Crownlands who married Mya Stone. Stannis deafeted Renly and the Lannisters and seated himself onto the Iron Throne. He accepted the Independence of the Kingdom of the North and Trident, as well as the Vale and the Iron Islands.

I prepared for Daenerys' arrival and wanted to support her, but she never came. So I decided to plot against Stannis who for some reason was disliked by the LPs and High Septon (R'hllor malus?). The plot was successful and I put Mya Stone onto the Irone Throne, which later was inherited by my ruler's son! After Stannis' and Shireen's death the Baratheon-dynasty ended, so that Mya might have had the strogest claim even without my plot (Edric Storm died childless).

My dynasty ruled the Seven Kingdoms for another 200 years. The Vale became part of them peacfully and without battle. The Iron Islands, the North and the Trident were reconquered.

Interestingly the North was ruled by a Reed king, although the Starks were still alive. The Lordship of Winterfell lay in the hands of an Umber. No idea what happened there. I later revoked the Reed's LP title and gave it back to the Starks (a descendant of the united Robb and Rickon lines).

The Tully Dynasty became extinct long before the War of Reconquest and he LP of the Trident seems to shift instabily between 3 dynasties I had never heard of before.

The Stormlands fell to the IT after Shireen's death and then given to the Swanns, until they vanished. Now a Connigton is LP of the Stormlands.

For a very long time there was a united LP of Westerlands and Reach ruled by the Beesburies after having inherited it through a marriage with Lanna 'the Last Lioness' Lannister. But it became instabil for some reason. Now the Westerlands are ruled by an Osgrey, while the Reach remains in the hands of the Beesbury dynasty.

The Vale is still ruled by the Arryns. Interestingly there are many cadet branches of Arryns in the Vale and Stormlands.

The Greyjoys are LPs of the Iron Islands again after Queen Asha Greyjoy bent the knee to the IT. A descendant of Aeron Greyjoy is the current LP. Some Lordships of the Iron Islands fell under the LP of the Westerlands, so there is not much left for the Greyjoys.

The Martells ruled Dorne during all the centuries.

No idea what to do next. Perhaps collecting Valyrian Steel Swords? Sucessfully hatch a dragon?

War of the Five Kings

Wow, that was tragic. So many houses going extinct :bawl:

Yesterday I started a new game on the War of the Five Kings scenarios as a Lannister again (I love playing as Lannister on this scenario).

This time my family didn't accomplish as much as in the last game. Probably because I stopped saving the game before a big event to reload it if anything goes wrong (and a lot has gone wrong). First, Robb almost beat me in the Riverlands. The win-lose percentage was by -70% for me after a couple of years when the war suddenly ends and I see that the the entire kingdom of the North and the Trident was conquered by Euron Greyjoy. Balon Greyjoy for some reason had ended up on the Night's Watch and became Lord Commander. Somehow Balon became King in the North with only the Wall and the Gift, while Euron was King of the Iron Islands with all the North and the Riverlands under his rule.

After the Stark problem was solved by the Greyjoys, I, playing as Tywin, joined Joffrey against Stannis. Somehow, Stannis got the support or the Tyrells and was relentless. At some point Joffrey got slain by his own Kinsguard and Tommen inherited the throne. Our war against him lasted roughly 14 years until he died (Tywin had died very early in this war of natural causes), but Shireen continued to fight. She didn't last more than a year or two though and died of illness. I won that war as Tyrion, and with the new trial system I sentenced Mace Tyrell to death.

Meanwhile, the Greyjoys were always trying to crush rebellions in the North and they always succeded. Euron died without children and Aeron Damphair sat on the throne of the Iron Islands, while Theon ruled the Iron Kingdom of the North (in the Wall). The Starks were still lords of Winterfell, but as mere vassals of the Kingdom of the Iron Islands.

The two Iron Kingdoms remained independent for over 50 years and only with the support of all the other LPs was it possible to reconquer them when Queen Myrcella declared war (I don't know why Tommen always dies so early after he sits on the throne). The Greyjoys still maintained their LPs both in the Iron Islands and in the North.

After a few years, Tyrion's oldest son, Bronn, inherited his "genius" trait and became a great diplomat and great warrior at the same time and was loved by everyone in all LPs. HIs siblings, though, were all either ugly and/or dwarf. Tyrion died when all his children were still underage. When Myrcella died and her Martell son sat on the throne, I once again took advantage and wed myself to her oldest daughter.

A few years later, I declared war against the throne to depose the king and put my wife on the throne. All Lords Paramount, with the exception of the Martells for obvious reasons, supported me.

Bronn had only one son and several daughters, and his only son, Devan, was suspected to be a bastard by a vassal of mine and gained that bad reputation, but I didn't disinherited him. Devan became king before my character Bronn died, so I could only watch as his rule was terrible and suffered from rebellion constantly. Bronn started having an affair with his own daughter and had a son with her. I legitimized her just for fun.

Bronn died and when I started playing as King Devan Lannister, everyone hated him. Soon, the Geyjoys managed to fabricate a claim on the throne and declare war. None of the Lords Paramount came ot my aid and Dorne declared independence. Once again, the Greyjoys kicked ass, with the support of the Vale and the Stormlands. I lost, so the Greyjoys sat on the throne. I still had the Westerlands, though, but my legitimized bastard brother-nephew declared war against me and won. I ended up with only the Lordship of Castamere, then I stopped playing. Damn bastards always ruining everything <_<

But it ended quite well for most of the major families. Only the Baratheons were extinct, replaced by the Estermonts. It was a fail for me in the end, but it's much more fun playing without reloading earlier saves to fix my fails.

I recently had a very interesting Robert's Rebellion scenario.

I created a ruler using the Ruler Designer, and he was the Lord of Brightwater. I fabricated a claim on the Reach. Mace Tyrell died during the war, and I became Regent. Willas didn't resume the war, and I decided to press my claim. Since Willas was still a minor, I got a lot support from the other lords, and I became Lord Paramount of the Reach.

The rebellion wasn't going very well for the Baratheons. Robert had been killed, Renly had died of natural causes, and the Stormland army was almost depleted (Eddard and Hoster Tully were also dead). I decided to help them. Also, Aerys and Rhaegar were dead. With the might of the Reach, I successfully turned the tide of the war, and sacked the Red Keep. By then, Aegon had died of illness, so Viserys was king. After I sacked the Red Keep, I released all of the prisoners and captured all of the Targaryens. As a relevant side note, there was a riot happening in King's Landing.

Stannis was now king, but his reign was cut short by the riot, and he was killed by the peasants. Now here is where it gets interesting. All of the Baratheons were dead, and now I had all the power. The throne went back to the remaining male Targaryen, Viserys. He was also my captive. Since the Iron Throne succession is Agnatic (only males can inherit. The succession laws changed from Agnatic-Cognatic (males and females can inherit, but there is a preference to males) to just Agnatic after the Dance of Dragons), and since there was only one Targaryen male left, the Iron Throne would pass to the Iron Throne's strongest vassal. And guess who that was. Yes, I was the heir to the Iron Throne and I had the boy king as a captive. So, I did what any reasonable person would do. I had a mock trial (he was a kid, he couldn't make a case to save his life.) and when I got the legal go ahead, I executed him. So now I am the King of Westeros, without having to fight a war for it.

I stopped that save, because there wasn't much else I could do. I was King of Westeros and Lord Paramount of the Reach. I pretty much won.

does anyone know where I can get a working version of the newest mod? just bought CK 2 and eager to get into westeros!!

Did you buy the game on Steam? If you didn't, have you updated the game to 1.07? If you have done either of those things, you will have to wait until the mod creators release a compatible version, which may take a while. You can track the progress of the mod, and offer suggestions here.

Did you buy the game on Steam? If you didn't, have you updated the game to 1.07? If you have done either of those things, you will have to wait until the mod creators release a compatible version, which may take a while. You can track the progress of the mod, and offer suggestions here.

ah shit I did get it off steam...which I'm guessing is the issue?

Yes, because Steam auto-updates. You could always follow my suggestion if you already own the game.

yeah I am getting 1.06b right now, thank you!! :) is there any other way that I need to introduce the mod to new CK game or is the install the same?

Nope, you just extract the mod to the mod folder in Crusader Kings 2 (crusader kings ii ->mod) and open the launcher (ck2game) and check the mod.

hmmm after downloading 1.06b it's now saying that it can't find Crusader Kings 2 installed?

hmmm after downloading 1.06b it's now saying that it can't find Crusader Kings 2 installed?

Manually extract it. I use the 7zip extractor, and you right click the .rar file, and go to the 7zip option and it will expand and you select "extract to A Game of Throne v0.3.1" and it will create a folder with the mod in it. You select everything from that folder and move it to the mod folder in crusader kings ii.

Manually extract it. I use the 7zip extractor, and you right click the .rar file, and go to the 7zip option and it will expand and you select "extract to A Game of Throne v0.3.1" and it will create a folder with the mod in it. You select everything from that folder and move it to the mod folder in crusader kings ii.

trying this now!! I really hope it works because I have been wanting to play this for a while.....

hmm i extracted it and it was still labeled under the ck21.6patch.exe and said could not find it installed...do I need a certain program?

Are you still installing the 1.06b version of the game?

nope. I went to a website and downloaded the 1.6b patch of the game which installed under "CK2_1_06patch.exe" it installed and I was assuming that was what was being talked about? however it isn't opening

nope. I went to a website and downloaded the 1.6b patch of the game which installed under "CK2_1_06patch.exe" it installed and I was assuming that was what was being talked about? however it isn't opening

then you did something wrong,

1. make a fresh installation of the game

2. patch it to 1.6b

3. extract the got-mod to the mod-directory of the game

4. start the ck2 launcher and select the got-mod from there

5. success

Just finished an awesome and long game. Started as Roose Bolton in the Clash of Kings Scenario.

Right in the start I sent a master of laws to forge a claim on Winterfell and after a few months I got one. Stannis lost the war and the Stormlands and the Lannisters lost the throne to Aegon. Robb's war didn't last much and he lost the North as well. Taking advantage that he wasn't my liege lord anymore, I began my expansion and declared war for the High Lordship of Winterfell. Wasn't hard as I had conquered many allies in the North and then I took it. Ramsay died young of illness, but Roose had many children with his new wife so I still had an heir.

After Roose died I continued my expansion in the North. The Crown still kept the title of Lord Paramount of the North and of the Stormlands to themselves, so I still had a lot of room for my expansion. Thirty years after the start of the scenario, I had conquered most of the North and left the Starks with no lands at all. The new Targaryen dynasty kept the same incestuous tradition of the pre-Baratheon one, but that was their undoing, as most of the inbred children got the "lunatic" trait and some had deformations. So the Targayens lost a lot of support and lost the throne to the Martells on a bloodless coup after ruling for like 30 or 40 years.

The Martells proved to be a bunch of sons of bitches. They gave the Stormlands to another Martell and refused to give the North to me after I asked them twice for it. In the second time I declared war for the North, but I lost it. So I started forging alliances with other Lords Paramount, arranging marriages very carefully. A couple of decades later, a child inherited the throne, and I took the opportunity and declared war for the North once again, but with the support of the Vale and the Reach and the little support the boy king had, I won.

The Greyjoys rebelled for some reason and lost the Iron Islands, which were given to a Martell once again. So the Martells already had the Crown, the Stormlands, the Iron Islands and Dorne, of course, so fighting agaisnt them was suicide on your own. So I began another expansion, peacefully, this time, and only spreading the anme, without conquering new lands. Roose and his heirs had a lot of children, so for the most part of the playthrough, I had lots of cousins and started to marry them to some dying dynasties. My dynasty almost died out as well when Roose's son had seven children and seven of them died before they were 10 years old, and ltos of families suffered from that too. It was like a new Great Spring Sickness attacked Westeros once again. The main branch of the Tullys were dying out and I married a cousin of mine to one of their daughters, and eventually the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands became a Bolton. The main brannch of the Tyrells died out and a minor house composed of only an old woman with a young granddaughter inherited the Reach, and I married my heir to that little girl and he became Lord Paramount of the Reach.

So after another Bolton died, the next one had both the North and the Reach, along with an alliance with the Riverlands. I couldn't control both the North and the Reach at the same time, so I gave the Reach to a younger brother. He and his branch of the family held it for a few decades before losing it to house Footly. I came to his aid, but before I defeated him, the King told me to stop the war so I had to stop it or I'd be a traitor. I think this was already 450 AL.

When I thought the Targaryens had already been extinct, they managed to stage a coup on the throne and remove the Martells from power, a couple of years after my failed war to reclaim the Reach. Now the Targaryens were once again kings. Most of them were still luncatics, and when a vassal of mine was rebellign against me for some reason, I was arrested by the king for no reason at all and branded a traitor. After that, many of my vassals started rebelling for having a traitor for their liege. One of the rebels was a kinsman and I ended up killing him on single combat during a battle. So now I was both a traitor and a kinslayer.

The North was in chaos for decades as this traitor and kinslaying character of mine was pretty yougn when all that shitstorm started. I was too busy fighting and didn't pay much attention to my heirs, and after a few years, when I was old already, I noticed that I had only one son and a lot of daughters, none of them married matrilineally and the eldest one already had children. My only son was killed during a battle without children of his own, so I desperately divorced with my old wife and married a young and very fertile one in the hope of having a new sone to continue my dynasty. The problem is that my character was already old and infirm, and only managed to have a single son, but the son was an imbecile. A year or two later, he became incapable.

After he died, his one-year old imbecile son inherited the North, but he easily lost the rebellion and was deposed, with his eldest half-sister inheriting the North. For some reason, the North was suddenly independent after she became Lady Paramount, so she declared herself Queen in the North. It didn't matter much, since she had five or six children, all of them of another dynasty, a very small one. I couldn't let the main branch of the Boltons die out and leave the Kingdom of the North to a random house, so I decided to get rid of all those children. I made her divorce and marry matrilineally with a young and fertile man. She was on her fourties already and she only managed to have a single daughter. The Queen's heir and only son had lands, so I provoke him to rebel and sent him to the Wall after he lost his war. His siblings, though, I couldn't get rid of them without shedding blood, so I had to imprison them and execute them, one by one. I probably became the worst kinslayer in the history of Westeros, but I managed to save the family.

So the Queen in the North was now hated by all her vassals. I already expected that to happen and only wanted to preserve the blood of the Boltons. Rebellion took over the land and deposed her, with her last daughter taking the throne of the North. Her daughter was still young, and for some reasons, when my character was deposed, I didn't start playing as the heir right after, but I kept playing with her. Unfortunately, there's no way to suicide in the game, so I decided to declare war on another noble just to lose and die. But I didn't expect that noble to call the support of my Queen daughter, so now my own daughter was fighting me and she captured my character. It was ok for me, until she executed my character and also became a kinslayer.

Now I was playing as the ex-Queen's daughter, still a 10-year old child. Boy kings have already a hard time ruling in this game; girl queens bearing the trait of a kinslayer are basically impossible to control the land. She was still a child and obviously she had no children, but she also didn't have cousins. Her heir was from another dynasty. Everyone was rebelling now and everything her mother did was for naught. She eventually got murdered at the age of 12 and that was game over for me.

That was the most tragic game I had in CoKII so far. Most of the original great houses died out, even the Lannisters, who were replaced by the Kennings after rebelling against the Martells. Only the Martells and the Arryns lived on, but the Arryns lost the Vale (they were independent for a few decades as kings, losing it after reconquered) and somehow ended up ruling the Riverlands. For some reason the Martells gave Dorne to the Yronwoods when they were sitting on the throne. They were left with only the Stormlands in the end. At that point, most of the regions were a mess, with isolated territories of other regions in the middle of them. Well, it was fun to rule over the North as a Bolton :cool4:

Archived