The Wedding of Edmure (Huge Spoilers)

Deven Anand

Hey guys so i am reading a Storm of Swords and i am just a bit past the Robb Murder. I don't quite understand did Lord Frey kill Robb because he broke his oath or because Tywin told him to?Also Robb's whole Army was outside why didn't they kill the Frey's after this attack?

Hey Deven, you may want to change the title of your post. Since this is the "still reading" section some may not have gotten to that part yet.

To answer your question, Lord Frey was completely insulted that Robb broke his oath and thus was inclined to conspire with Lord Tywin. The Lannisters are powerful and rich, and Lord Frey has no honor, so he agreed to this massacre probably assuming they would get a lot out of it in return.

The way I understand it, they killed most of Robb's army and also the army was really drunk from the wedding- so they were unable to fight properly.

Much better:) But yeah walder freys an ass hole. He wanted retribution on robb for marrying jeyne and Twyin gave him the chance to not only get revenge but to save his house from punishment for previously siding with robb.

were you suprised when you read that chapter? I've never been so shocked reading anything in my life. Did NOT see that coming.

It was a huge surprise to me.First of all i thought Frey wouldn't attack because of that guest rule but i guess he doesnt care.

I dont really like this twist Robb was definitely my favorite king,it seems that the Starks are all destined to die.Two remain we will see how long it takes till there gone.

I have a thery Sansa will be the only stark left alive by the end of it all. Foreshadowed by her wolf being killed before she dies. Robb (possibly Jon's) wolves were still alive when they were killed/attacked. Although i'm very aware this is crackpot :D

I have a thery Sansa will be the only stark left alive by the end of it all. Foreshadowed by her wolf being killed before she dies. Robb (possibly Jon's) wolves were still alive when they were killed/attacked. Although i'm very aware this is crackpot :D

ADWD

You might want to take away the supposed Jon murder from this thread, since it's still reading forum

• 1 month later...

Hey guys so i am reading a Storm of Swords and i am just a bit past the Robb Murder. I don't quite understand did Lord Frey kill Robb because he broke his oath or because Tywin told him to?Also Robb's whole Army was outside why didn't they kill the Frey's after this attack?

Besides, the Boltons and the Freys attacked the army outside and took them by suprise, they had absolutely no chance. There are several points for their disadvantage:

1. Most of their leaders are not with them as they are within the castle.

2. They're surprised.

3. They're probably outnumbered (as Robb didn't take his whole army to the twins). They met up with Roose Boltons army there, but the Freys and Boltons (and Karstarks) attacked them together.

Roose Bolton rid himself of all Stark loyal troops on his march from Harrenhal to the Twins (a third of his army sent to Duskendale to die, mostly Stark loyalists), the rest he left in the rearguard which has been attacked by Gregor's men. So only his own men and the Karstark man meet Robbs host at the twins.

Besides, the Boltons and the Freys attacked the army outside and took them by suprise, they had absolutely no chance. There are several points for their disadvantage:

1. Most of their leaders are not with them as they are within the castle.

2. They're surprised.

3. They're probably outnumbered (as Robb didn't take his whole army to the twins). They met up with Roose Boltons army there, but the Freys and Boltons (and Karstarks) attacked them together.

Roose Bolton rid himself of all Stark loyal troops on his march from Harrenhal to the Twins (a third of his army sent to Duskendale to die, mostly Stark loyalists), the rest he left in the rearguard which has been attacked by Gregor's men. So only his own men and the Karstark man meet Robbs host at the twins.

Not to mention his army was drunk as all get out.

Archived