How would you rate episode 208?

How would you rate episode 208?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Argh..

no Weasel soup, no iron coin trick? No beheading Karstark? Instead we had time for stupid romance between Rob and whatshernameintheshow? And is she even going to be related to the Lannisters? How is this gonna lead to "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" ?

The scene between Jorah and Dany was weak too I thought..

7/10 for me.

Edited by Wyman_Manderly

Argh.. No Weasel soup, no iron coin trick? No beheading Karstark? Instead we had time for stupid romance between Rob and whatshernameintheshow? And is she even going to be related to the Lannisters? How is this gonna lead to "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" ? The scene between Jorah and Dany was weak too I thought..

7/10 for me.

exactly. i just started my first ever topic re: arya b/c i'm so pissed. i knew this shit would happen. grrrrr

My 1st 10

Easily the best showing of Asha. Her exchange with Theon was amazing. Then Stannis and Davos...my god. Not only informative for the non-book readers, but powerfully delivered. The first real Stannis moment imo. "I like dogs, they're loyal." I liked that they left Tyrion and Cersei's conversation alone. It was one of the best from the novel and to change it in anyway would be not only unnecessary, but completely damaging.The stuff between him and Bronn was funny too. The back story of Talisa was well done. I'm still not sure why they've changed her in the first place, but Oona Chaplin is great in the role, and is beyond hot. The king of bones looked great and I'm fine with how the found the dragon glass stash. The only thing that sucked was still no chain and no Weasel soup, but that's not going to lower the score on what was easily the best episode of the season. And the promo for next weeks episode looks beyond epic.

Definitely a 10. An excellent espisode. I was so happy to see Bran/Rickon, Hodor/Osha and Luwin in the crypts at the end. Asha's strongest appearance. I think Talisa is still Jeyne and somehow her relationship with Robb made more sense to me this episode. And Cersei is her horrible self, with Ros playing the Alayaya role as we suspected. The set up for her to accuse Tyrion of the Purple Wedding is underway.

Excellent, excellent. I think I will stay up long enough to watch it again at 10pm central. Love it.

Okay, Asha was good this episode, and that surprised me. I liked this episode because soooo much dialogue was just pulled straight from the books, and I could almost predict every scene what was going to happen. I think the lack of Dany makes an episode better as well. She was there, but thankfully it was short (and bad). Jeyne/Talisa is also terrible....worst character in the series, imo.

Loved how the handled a lot of stuff thought that they have handled poorly in the past. And we got to see some of Cersei's viciousness, finally.

A ten again , still just for cast and production values.

Next week looks redeeming.

Whew! tho, I hope Benioff and Weiss learn from this season.

If the actors were not so good and individual scenes not so well played out, this would be a train wreck of continuity.

Even if the source material did not exist there has to be a smoother way , last season was so much better.

Well at least Arya got to pull her trick... I was not surprised by the loss of Weasel Soup... but was surprised that we did not see Jaqen in action solving their problem.

So it's Dany and the dragons again to end a season, I can't see how that can come next week.

yes, asha was great this episode. i really liked her. and i was glad they had the boys double back -- that's what i was hoping would happen, but thought it was a small chance. love that they're in the crypts. still though, where. the fuck. is ghost?!! no one can tell me with any logic whatsoever that ghost wouldnt come and kill people as soon as jon is captured -- they sense danger for their masters. no sense whatsoever. glad sam/grenn found the dragon glass though

That was HORRIBLE!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How in the world does GRRM allow them to butcher his wonderful work!!!!!

NO ONE KNOWS IF BRAN AND RICKON ARE FREAKING DEAD??? THE MOST ESSENTIAL POINT TO THE BOOK IS COMPLETELY DISMISSED????

So Catelyn frees Jaime while Bran and Rickon are thought to be alive??

Robb bangs Jeyne while he thinks Bran and Rickon are alive????

Jaime and Brienne are on their way already?

JH helps Arya and the fam escape?

I can't . . now the Blackwater battle looks like it was filmed in my back yard??? Stannis leads the charge at the mud gate???

Stannis vs. Tyrion . .I can't . . this sucks . . bye I am so furious . this is crap . . really it is crap . .

I was not happy with the Robb/Jeyne romance, and was pissed that there was no Weasel soup. Maybe Jaqen, Rorge, and Biter will be fleeing with them for a time (I don't think Jaqen killed all those guards by himself) giving them a chance for a final exchange, a coin, and perhaps a face change (how will they make that look convincing with their budget, tho?)

I was glad they finally made good use of Ros as a stand-in for Alyaya

I noticed this is the third time in the show they've used material from A Dance with Dragons for their script

7/10 for me

Hopefully next week's episode will be better. Martin is scripting it

Sort of boring. Much of this season seems to be waiting for something to happen.

Clash of Kings, is basically like that. We wait while Dany sits around in Qarth, we follow Jon around North of the Wall wandering with Qhorin, we watch Kings Landing prepare for the Siege, we follow Arya around until she escapes, etc. We get a little action in the middle with Cat when Renly dies, but then she goes and sits around and mopes around at Riverrun. Then at the end we get the House of the Undying, Qhorins death, Weasel soup, the Battle of the Blackwater, etc.

We know that next weeks episode is the Battle of the Blackwater, we know Dany will go to the HotU, we know Jon will kill Qhorin, the only thing we lose is Weasel soup (probably budget).

I'm doing a reread of the series right now and am currently on COK, and the book is basically all a buildup to the end. The series is no different.

Clash of Kings, is basically like that. We wait while Dany sits around in Qarth, we follow Jon around North of the Wall wandering with Qhorin, we watch Kings Landing prepare for the Siege, we follow Arya around until she escapes, etc. We get a little action in the middle with Cat when Renly dies, but then she goes and sits around and mopes around at Riverrun. Then at the end we get the House of the Undying, Qhorins death, Weasel soup, the Battle of the Blackwater, etc. We know that next weeks episode is the Battle of the Blackwater, we know Dany will go to the HotU, we know Jon will kill Qhorin, the only thing we lose is Weasel soup (probably budget). I'm doing a reread of the series right now and am currently on COK, and the book is basically all a buildup to the end. The series is no different.

Spot on correct, sir!

Argh.. No Weasel soup, no iron coin trick? No beheading Karstark? Instead we had time for stupid romance between Rob and whatshernameintheshow? And is she even going to be related to the Lannisters? How is this gonna lead to "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" ? The scene between Jorah and Dany was weak too I thought.. 7/10 for me.

Well, perhaps the final Arya denouement will have more. It felt incomplete.

Marrying a Lannister bannerman daughter isnt what led to the Red Wedding, it was marrying ANYone (not the promised Frey). Yes, there were some small details from Tywin and Jeynes mom putting their heads together but that was a minor plot point (though very satisfying to the reader.)

Walder Frey was ripe for being nudged by Tywin to take out the Young Wolf in an expeditious manner not directly traceable to away the Lannisters. Tywin saw the opportunity when Robb married the non Frey. So Lannister can still send his regards.

M

That was HORRIBLE!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How in the world does GRRM allow them to butcher his wonderful work!!!!! NO ONE KNOWS IF BRAN AND RICKON ARE FREAKING DEAD??? THE MOST ESSENTIAL POINT TO THE BOOK IS COMPLETELY DISMISSED???? So Catelyn frees Jaime while Bran and Rickon are thought to be alive?? Robb bangs Jeyne while he thinks Bran and Rickon are alive???? Jaime and Brienne are on their way already? JH helps Arya and the fam escape? I can't . . now the Blackwater battle looks like it was filmed in my back yard??? Stannis leads the charge at the mud gate??? Stannis vs. Tyrion . .I can't . . this sucks . . bye I am so furious . this is crap . . really it is crap . .
That was HORRIBLE!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How in the world does GRRM allow them to butcher his wonderful work!!!!! NO ONE KNOWS IF BRAN AND RICKON ARE FREAKING DEAD??? THE MOST ESSENTIAL POINT TO THE BOOK IS COMPLETELY DISMISSED???? So Catelyn frees Jaime while Bran and Rickon are thought to be alive?? Robb bangs Jeyne while he thinks Bran and Rickon are alive???? Jaime and Brienne are on their way already? JH helps Arya and the fam escape? I can't . . now the Blackwater battle looks like it was filmed in my back yard??? Stannis leads the charge at the mud gate??? Stannis vs. Tyrion . .I can't . . this sucks . . bye I am so furious . this is crap . . really it is crap . .

I hope you recorded it so you can watch it again.

Saving her daughters is reason enough to free Jaime, trust me.

Or else go back and reread the books.

You havent seen a book hashed up for the movie or you wouldnt be so disappointed. Check out "Dune"

Not sure. Have to watch it a second time. My first impulse is that while the Cersei/Tyrion team was great, overall, it wasn't a great episode. I'm less confident the Jon storyline will be as good as the book -- as much as I like getting Ygritte early. And while I'm not overly worried about losing Weasel Soup, I thought they could have drawn that out better.

We'll see if I like it better at the 9pm PST showing.