How would you rate episode 208?

How would you rate episode 208?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

gave it a 9. Ros seems to be the stand in for whore abuse. Why she hasnt killed Tyrion yet is beyond me.

Asha/Yara was almost adequate.

The weasel soup replacement was lame.

Time in the North and Qarth were succinct - a good thing.

Lot of gaps - Arya getting together wth the old team, Luwin finding Bran and Rickon, preparation for the war (which I thought would be entertaining)

Qhorin incident handled well.

The Talisa speech about Volantis and slavery was really clever - now we have an idea about the slave cities.

Overall, I liked it a lot as usual but not completely knocked out this week.

Not boring anyway - all the skipping around to the various sets (where not much was going on) kept me awake.

Gave it a 10.

Stannis/Davos are quickly becoming my faovorite scenes.

Tyrion/Bronn/Varys up to their usual antics

Cersei/Tyrion pulled staright from the book (Ros instead of Alayaya but that doesn't matter)

Theon/Asha(Yara) was really touching and the actress playing Yara really improved from realier in teh season.

The scene at the end with Bran.Rickon,Hodor, Osha and Luwin was a little surprising but I still liked it. Bran's expression at the end was heartbreaking. He blames himself for the miller's boy's deaths

Jon/Qhorin storyline got back on track and I think the fact that Jon realizes he the reason the other rangers died will be a great growing point for his character.

Sam finding the obisidian is a good change imo because it's he who actually uses the damn stuff.

Robb/Talisa/Jeyne is getting a little confusing/annoying over who she really is but it's good that they showed that they're falling in love since the way it went down in the books would be a little tough to pull off on TV.

I'm glad that Arya named Jaquen and I'm not that upset about Weasel Soup (I pretty much figured it was axed anyway)

Dany/Jorah stalling to go the HotU was probably the weakest scene but still good.

I gave it an 8. Overall, I liked it. But I took it down one point for Talisa/Jeyne's long boring story. I also took it down another point for Arya not killing a guard herself on the way out. I don't really mind not getting weasel stew because we did get her giving Jaqen his own name, but I really wanted to see Arya escape herself.

I love that Ros took the place of Alayaya as the misidentified whore. Just waiting for the rabid-anti-Ros howls to start. And anyone who was worried about Jon's storyline should be pacified now. They are clearly setting up Jon to have to kill Qhorin on Qhorin's orders and not because he's in love with Ygritte. Dany's storyline is set up well--hope the HOTU ends up being epic. I was a bit annoyed that Robb fucked Jeynelisa and Cat freed Jaime without finding out about the "deaths" of Bran and Rickon, especially since it would have been so easy just to let one damn raven through. But in the big picture it really doesn't matter and is not a substantive change.

I also am enjoying the Brienne/Jaime interaction. Those two are going to play off each other really well. And Sam finding the obsidian is a good twist on the novel while keeping to the spirit of events.

I gave this episode the lowest mark of the season with a 7. It was still excellent, but bereft of action as understandably next week will be the penultimate episode of the season. I didn't think that a lot of the acting was up to standard either in particular the love scene between Rob and whoever the hell she is. The Jaime/Brienne scene was a little stiff as well.

That was HORRIBLE!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How in the world does GRRM allow them to butcher his wonderful work!!!!! NO ONE KNOWS IF BRAN AND RICKON ARE FREAKING DEAD??? THE MOST ESSENTIAL POINT TO THE BOOK IS COMPLETELY DISMISSED???? So Catelyn frees Jaime while Bran and Rickon are thought to be alive?? Robb bangs Jeyne while he thinks Bran and Rickon are alive???? Jaime and Brienne are on their way already? JH helps Arya and the fam escape? I can't . . now the Blackwater battle looks like it was filmed in my back yard??? Stannis leads the charge at the mud gate??? Stannis vs. Tyrion . .I can't . . this sucks . . bye I am so furious . this is crap . . really it is crap . .

Thanks for posting this. Nothing like reading a tantrum like this to remind me how much I am enjoying this show.

The only reason I downvoted to a 7 is because I'M SO TIRED OF WAITING FOR DANY TO ACTUALLY GO TO THE HOUSE OF THE UNDYING!!!! It's being incredibly drawn out. All of Dany's scenes from the last 2 episodes are completely fabricated and NOT from the books at all. The least they can do is GET ON WITH IT!

Other than that, I thought it was a great ep. Jeyne + Robb scene was awesome. Her naked in those boots..... um.. I'll be back. I suddenly remembered... I.. have to be somewhere.... somewhere very important.......... fapping.

I liked it overall but within the framework of the season I think the pacing/scene organization of the past couple of episodes (particularly with Tywin/Robb and the military situation and Stannis' advance on KL) have been a little off. Still, I enjoyed it.

Gave it an 8.

It started at a 10:

• Stannis/Davos, we FINALLY get some good backstory on the whole Onion Knight thing. Thought that exchange was awesome.
  • Tyrion/Cersei stuff was gold, and the Tyrion/Bronn/Varys exchanges were pretty funny.
  • Best episode of the season for Asha/Yara. And as always, Alfie Allen is an amazing Theon and the unexpected highlight of the entire season for me.
  • Bran's look at the end was heartbreaking. :(
  • I love the Brienne/Jaime stuff, great dialogue.
  • I'm still not sure what to make of Talissa, but the Free Cities lore was neat and she is fucking hot.
  • I liked how they brought Quorin back in the storyline, and Rattleshirt looks really, really cool. Liked that Sam found the dragonglass, too.

Points off for three things:

• Half a point off for the disappointing end to Arya's stay in Harrenhall. I understand that a lot of it isn't vital to the overall plot, but I missed Jaqen's face change, the coin being given, the weasel soup, etc. I noticed episode 10 is caled Valar Morghulis, so hopefully this means we get some of that then.
  • Half a point off for nobody actually learning about Bran and Rickon, particularly Catelyn and Robb. I can still buy that they both did what they did (releasing Jaime and forsaking a vow, respectively), but it took a lot of the emotional punch out of it. I'm honestly not sure why this decision was made, but oh well.
  • The other point off for what I am legitimately pissed about - not revealing Tyrion's plan with the freaking chain! That thing does so much for saving the city, for giving Tyrion the credit he deserves from viewers/readers (but of course not from the citizens of Kings Landing), and there's not even a mention of it. What has he even really done? All I can think of is him taking Cersei's wildfire idea and doing it more, but other than that, nothing. This won't even seem like Tyrion's victory to the viewers! First thing that has really frustrated me during the entire series.

One thing I didn't mention was Dany, and really I'm just meh at this point. Either go to the HotU or don't, but quit building it up so much. It better be really fucking awesome when we finally see it. I did like that Jorah mentioned the ship going to Astapor, but if Dany doesn't go get her stupid dragons next episode, then it'll have to be episode 10, and then she won't have time to meet Barristan at the docks, unless they're saving that for next season.

7. Most of it was good and I was pleased to finaly found the dragonglass. Aryas story fell a bit flat but it can be overlooked. The Lord of Bones was well done.

Robbs story is just fucking pathetic It has been dumbed down to some Jerry Springer bs "Are you horny eneough to lose a kingdom". And there is truly no excuse for it.

I'm giving it an 8, as it was a developmental episode in several respects. It was solid. Good interaction with Asha and Theon. Theon is so lost. Good interaction with Cersei and Tyrion. Cersei should be afraid. She thinks she's so smart and devious; but Tyrion will have his revenge.

I know that a lot of folks will complain about the "unnecessary" scenes between Robb and Talissa, but the writers decided to strongly develop the character of Jon this season--a decision with which I wholeheartedly concur--and this requires them to create a story line that did not exist in the books. By freeing Jaime, Catelyn has undermined her influence with Jon. Jon is now free to act on his erotic and romantic desires, duty be damned.

I am still wondering who will accompany Rickon when the Stark boys leave Winterfell. Luwin remains my guess.

I gave it a 9. I liked it, even if it was the calm before the storm. I felt too much time was spent on Robb Stark's love life. Asha vs Theon was done well, as was the scene with Stannis and Davos. The scenes showing Tyrion being vulnerable, were excellent. Back in Qarth, I keep wondering if Dany will ever grow a brain.

I gave it a 7/10. This was mostly a set-up episode for things to come (House of the Undying, Blackwater, etc.)

I wasn't sold on the actor playing Stannis when he was first introduced. I always pictured Stannis as more physically imposing and a little less...whiny for lack of a better word. However, Stephen Dillane hit it out of the park during the short time he was on screen tonight. He captured Stannis' essence, as a bitter, jealous man who carries around a lot of emotional baggage that stems from both feeling slighted by both of his brothers and from not receiving due recognition for his crucial part in Robert's Rebellion. Davos was fantastic as usual...like most of the cast members, the actor really seems to understand his character.

Regardless of how much of their dialogue was actually from the books, I really enjoyed the interaction among Bronn/Varys/Tyrion and feel that they add some much appreciated humor to the show without overdoing it. Great chemistry there.

Cersei...you bitch! Where have you been? Welcome back!

The Brienne/Jaime interaction was exactly as I pictured it from the novels, and that's a good thing.

The last time I hated a villain as much as I hate Joffrey was Tim Roth's Archibald Cunningham from 1995's Rob Roy (Those who have seen the movie will know what I mean.) Jack Gleeson is despicable on screen (which means he's doing his job). He didn't even really do much of anything tonight and I still wanted to smack him!

Dislikes

I always felt that Harrenhal was supposed to represent a complete loss of innocence for Arya. I don't want to spoil the book for those who haven't read it, but I think the show missed the mark by leaving some events out.

They need to recast The Mountain for Season 3. Gregor Clegane is the one character from the story in which the physical resemblance/characteristics are EVERYTHING. Conan Stevens was perfect, mostly due to his menacing size and facial expressions and not necessarily for his Shakespearean dialogue ("SWORD!"). TV Tywin, Joffrey, and Jorah all appear physically different from their book counterparts, but because their acting is top notch and they capture the essence of their characters, it doesn't really matter. With the Mountain, it does. They need a bigger, scarier guy to fill the role, plain and simple. Rory McCann, who plays The Hound, looks like he could pick his teeth with this guy.

Best episode of the 2nd season by far, although you have to be a big book fan AND a fan of good television to appreciate it. The changes they made had to be made! Anyone complaining about the Robb/Jeyne romance is failing to realise that that needs to happen or else he seems like a selfish idiot for forsaking his vows. You need to believe it, and they've done a great job of that, plus she's got to be the most attractive actor in the show which is always a bonus! Fantastic exposition, that didn't seem forced at all, in multiple scenes, most notably Stannis and Davos. Weasel soup seems to have been lost because of time constraints, but other than that the most accurate episode of season 2, even dropping in some book references to the likes of Astapor. Lena Headey is tremendous as always, I cannot fathom why anyone ever complained about her; with the exception of Viserys I think she's the most faithful embodiment of a book character. I was hoping they'd amend The House of the Undying significantly because it just isn't going to translate, but it doesn't look like it.

I wish they had more than 10 episodes, but given that they don't, I think a lot of people need to be more understanding about the constraints of time and budget.

I gave it a 7/10. This was mostly a set-up episode for things to come (House of the Undying, Blackwater, etc.) Likes I wasn't sold on the actor playing Stannis when he was first introduced. I always pictured Stannis as more physically imposing and a little less...whiny for lack of a better word. However, Stephen Dillane hit it out of the park during the short time he was on screen tonight. He captured Stannis' essence, as a bitter, jealous man who carries around a lot of emotional baggage that stems from both feeling slighted by both of his brothers and from not receiving due recognition for his crucial part in Robert's Rebellion. Davos was fantastic as usual...like most of the cast members, the actor really seems to understand his character. Regardless of how much of their dialogue was actually from the books, I really enjoyed the interaction among Bronn/Varys/Tyrion and feel that they add some much appreciated humor to the show without overdoing it. Great chemistry there. Cersei...you bitch! Where have you been? Welcome back! The Brienne/Jaime interaction was exactly as I pictured it from the novels, and that's a good thing. The last time I hated a villain as much as I hate Joffrey was Tim Roth's Archibald Cunningham from 1995's Rob Roy (Those who have seen the movie will know what I mean.) Jack Gleeson is despicable on screen (which means he's doing his job). He didn't even really do much of anything tonight and I still wanted to smack him! Dislikes I always felt that Harrenhal was supposed to represent a complete loss of innocence for Arya. I don't want to spoil the book for those who haven't read it, but I think the show missed the mark by leaving some events out. They need to recast The Mountain for Season 3. Gregor Clegane is the one character from the story in which the physical resemblance/characteristics are EVERYTHING. Conan Stevens was perfect, mostly due to his menacing size and facial expressions and not necessarily for his Shakespearean dialogue ("SWORD!"). TV Tywin, Joffrey, and Jorah all appear physically different from their book counterparts, but because their acting is top notch and they capture the essence of their characters, it doesn't really matter. With the Mountain, it does. They need a bigger, scarier guy to fill the role, plain and simple. Rory McCann, who plays The Hound, looks like he could pick his teeth with this guy.

The new Mountain is bigger than Conan Stevens