[BOOK SPOILERS] Jaime & Brienne

This was the moment I simply couldn't control my fangirl side :drool: ; finally a teaser of what we'll see of them next season! I liked their interaction, there's an appropriate chemistry between the actors. And, lol! She's taller than him! :eek:

I admit I had a fan-girl moment as well. :D Which was a relief since I couldn't get my 'fan-girl' on as much as I would have liked to for San/San this season. :P

As for the height.....I always imagined she was taller than him in the books as well. But perhaps I am wrong?

Count me in, for also a fangirl moment! They were definitely a very bright beam of shining light in an otherwise serious episode. They already have the great banter and chemistry. Both are perfect in their roles and the way they acted their scenes out felt very true to the books. I need more Jaime/Brienne NOW.

I admit I had a fan-girl moment as well. :D Which was a relief since I couldn't get my 'fan-girl' on as much as I would have liked to for San/San this season. :P

As for the height.....I always imagined she was taller than him in the books as well. But perhaps I am wrong?

Well, I pictured them about the same height in the books, and Coster-Waldau is so tall I was really looking forward to seeing them side by side lol

My inner fangirl was also unleashed by the Stannis-Davos scene this episode - honestly, that seemed made for shippers! I'll probably start shipping them after that! :bowdown:

I am just super excited to see them really fight later on. After the going back and forth with their words for that long, the blows are going to be pretty awesome. I was always terribly impressed with the fact that Brienne didn't just drown of smother Jaime in his sleep in the books. The girl knows how to take some tounge lashings form men, but on and on from the same guy for so long would wear on anyone!

Eh, I dunno. It might just feels like a lot to squeeze in since I can't see them getting much time next week.

I agree. This is one bit of travelling I don't want them to condense too much.

I'd prefer to see the series end with some version of the Stark / Tully river pursuit and Brienne fighting them off, with Jaime then deciding to pull her back into the boat again and not hit her over the head with his oar.

Something like this. They could even use Brienne in the water as a cliffhanger: will he save her or finish her?

:agree: Jaime and Brienne were by far my favourite bit of the episode. I have to echo what others have already said, but this scene really stood out to me as just having the right feeling that I get from the books. To be honest, *very*few scenes in the TV series have giving me that feeling.

YES. Exactly how I felt, and I knew it from the moment she pulled that bag off his head...this was going to be good...going to be right...they were brilliant.

sorry, dialogue failed for the simple reason jamie didnt call her wench that is inexcusable, horrible horrible horrible

Not only that, he even called her "my lady" and asked for her name while in the books he never called her by her name, which annoyed her.

So, in conclusion, the show has completely ruined not only the scene, but also both characters on the whole. ;)

I'd prefer to see the series end with some version of the Stark / Tully river pursuit and Brienne fighting them off, with Jaime then deciding to pull her back into the boat again and not hit her over the head with his oar. That's the point at which he starts to notice some of her good qualities, like how calm she is in a crisis. They could then just disappear downriver again, leaving Series 3 to deal with their capture and the loss of Jaime's hand, which would be a great ending to Ep 1 or 2 of Series 3. (edited for typos)
i hate to say it, but i can see this scene being reduced to simplicity or cut all together as it would be extremely hard to film correctly. i hope i'm wrong and that they do it but nothing so far gives me any hope.

That's a good point, I had forgotten about the river chase, which is too good to pass up.

this is what i thought about weasel soup, arya's lucky coin and the foolish guard, tyrion's chain, arya trying to save gendry when he's caught by the mountain's men and countless other scenes from the book that have now been cut. and seeing as how Tywin has already left Harrenhal, i doubt they'll introduce Edmure Tully in time for him to get blamed for winning a battle.

I still have hope for the chain and the coin...as I've said elsewhere, I think the chain's being saved as a surprise for the viewers, and as someone pointed out in a link on another thread- think it was CrypticWeirwood- the actor who plays Jaqen has talked about his face changing in an interview so clearly he and Arya are not yet finished...

That seems to be a strong trait of the J/B relationship - - it unleashes the inner fan-girl! :lol:

Oh yes!! Yes indeed :D

Inner fanboy, too. :drunk: Though being a fanboy around Jaime is pretty dangerous these days...

Just don't get into a cell with Desperate to be Free Jaime and you'll probably be safe!

i hate to say it, but i can see this scene being reduced to simplicity or cut all together as it would be extremely hard to film correctly. i hope i'm wrong and that they do it but nothing so far gives me any hope.

I haven't re-checked yet,but didn't Robb make a point of asking how many men had been sent to look for them, and then he sent a whole lot more? Now, unless that is a total waste of time and dialogue, I'd say we are going to get 'some' sort of pursuit scene where Brienne can prove how awesome she is. It makes perfect sense fot the Ep 10 summary - "Brienne silences Jaime".

It may not be the shove-boulder-in-the-boat pursuit scene exactly as in the books, but I am sure they will come up with something for Brienne to do, so Jaime starts to re-evaluate her. ;)

Not only that, he even called her "my lady" and asked for her name while in the books he never called her by her name, which annoyed her. So, in conclusion, the show has completely ruined not only the scene, but also both characters on the whole. ;)

Are you serious dude ? No wonder people don't take the book purists seriously anymore .

Archived