[BOOK SPOILERS] Jaime & Brienne

Hopefully, 'Brienne silencing Jaime' is just their swordfight earlier than in the story, only the Bloody Mummers don't capture them right afterwards. Given all the nasty things Jaime has done, I'm sure the TV audience who never read the books would enjoy seeing Jaime getting his ass kicked.

Hopefully, 'Brienne silencing Jaime' is just their swordfight earlier than in the story, only the Bloody Mummers don't capture them right afterwards. Given all the nasty things Jaime has done, I'm sure the TV audience who never read the books would enjoy seeing Jaime getting his ass kicked.

I'm really thinking that their fight won't take place until S3 now. They simply don't have time...do they?

We shouldn't expect to see J/B again until episode 10. They HAVE to give them some build-up...their relationship is simply too important. And throwing them straight into the fight scene would clip that severely, unless they spend 3/4 of the episode on their river journey.

I really do hope that 'Brienne silencing Jaime' is due to her quick thinking and competence in outsmarting and defeating of the extra 40 men that Robb is sending after the Kingslayer. Jaime is probably going to be yammering on about how she needs his help, she should unlock his chains and give him a sword...and Brienne will shut him up by doing it all herself.

Or maybe something similar. I hope so, anyway!! I want as much of these two on-screen as possible, so dragging out their river journey is fine by me!

Or of course it could be that "Brienne silences Jaime" means she just finally shoves a gag in his mouth and continues paddling serenely downriver! :D

That's funny, I've been thinking the exact same thing! But we do need their banter, or else their scenes are going to be awfully brief. Maybe she'll gag him temporarily and make him promise to be on his best behavior before she removes the gag.

Maybe she'll gag him temporarily and make him promise to be on his best behavior before she removes the gag.

Jaime being on his "best behaviour" with Brienne could be just as funny! "I haven't said a thing, my lady. I'm just looking at you."

J&B is my favourite storyline in the books and I kept thinking the escape and river scene had already been aired(only because of my awesome imagination). Couldn't wait to see them together on screen and wasn't disappointed.

Need moar banter and wench calling.

To the writers, pls don't take his hand yet!!

Also please don't remove the hot tub scene!!

*fangirling*

Far from the silencing topic, but if it's not the Brave Companions that will take Jaime's hand (given their lack of setup/introduction), does that mean there will be no bear pit? Me loves bear pit! And Brienne in a dress.

“Ser Jaime?” Even in soiled pink satin and torn lace, Brienne looked more like a man in a gown than a proper woman. “I am grateful, but…you were well away. Why come back?” 

A dozen quips came to mind, each crueler than the one before, but Jaime only shrugged.

“I dreamed of you,” he said.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwmlyllpsF1qhgqofo1_250.jpg

Make it happen!!! :D

I know it's nitpicking, but I honestly though their dialogue was a bit backwards from what I expected. The show has Jamie asking her name, where the first half of their journey centered around him not caring what her name is and constantly calling her wench and her correcting him with "My name is Brienne."

Not that it ruins the scenes or anything, it just stood out to me a bit.

Also please don't remove the hot tub scene!! *fangirling*

"I am grateful, but…you were well away. Why come back?"

A dozen quips came to mind, each crueler than the one before, but Jaime only shrugged.

"I dreamed of you," he said.

http://29.media.tumb...hgqofo1_250.jpg

Make it happen!!! :D

THESE, please!!! I believe GRRM is writing one of the episodes for S3...I hope & pray that it includes a big J/B moment!

I know it's nitpicking, but I honestly though their dialogue was a bit backwards from what I expected. The show has Jamie asking her name, where the first half of their journey centered around him not caring what her name is and constantly calling her wench and her correcting him with "My name is Brienne."

Not that it ruins the scenes or anything, it just stood out to me a bit.

It's perfectly Jaime in its arrogance and needling and his "I am a knight, what are you?' attitude. In the book we never see the scene where they escape into the boat - we move from Cat calling for Brienne's sword in ACOK, to Jaime's POV chapter in ASOS, where they are already in the boat sailing down the river, and he recalls how they escaped. So unless you wanted them to do the entire TV scene in total silence, they had to have the characters say "something": There's plenty of time for the 'wench' needling.

Archived