[Book Spoilers] Nitpick without repercussion!

Okay, finally an episode that I thought was very good. I could practically predict everything that was going to happen. For a second there at the end, I thought Dagmer was going to be Reek, and that really freaked me out. My main issue with this episode:

TALISA/JEYNE WHOEVER YOU ARE - SHUT UP YOU ARE ANNOYING.

Yeah, that storyline with her and Robb is just garbage. It is so fake, cheesy...the writing is bad. It's just awful.

Dany/Jorah - lame/cheesy.....sick of hearing her talk about being a "mother."

No Sansa :( Almost every woman cast member was in this episode except Sansa....ugh. Sansa is being dissed by this show, big time.

Basic rules for this thread:

#1 - you can't nitpick actress' breasts, faces, etc. Please be respectful. Also, no threatening to beat up or physically harm the writers of the show (the moderators almost shut down this thread a couple weeks ago because of this)

#2 - for the good of the thread, please don't attack others about their nitpicks/complaints. Debating the validity of a nitpick is fine, but nothing is too small of a nitpick or too ridiculous to be posted here.

first Jaime with dyslexia and now a mention of medieval cpr preformed by a slave, probably just me but I found these things to be pretty amusing.

Also this is probably a really petty nitpick but why no beyond the wall points on the opening map?

Dany/Jorah - lame/cheesy.....sick of hearing her talk about being a "mother."

Dany's story has completely lost me this season, and this episode was just ridiculous. There was no reason for that scene at all. Just leave her out of tonight's epi, finish her up in 2x10.

And for the love of the Gods, get her on track next season.

I'm sorry, but wouldn't threatening to behead Jaime also qualify as an act of treason, Lord Karstark?

ROBB: you are neither suffering from some wound, nor are you grieving your younger siblings deaths, but overwhelmed by the thoughtful story relayed by Whatsherface, and you have sex. Fantastic.

I can only hope that no one else just happens into your tent in the same manner as whatsherface has a habit of doing. The entire Doctors without Borders/Robb/Volantis plot is such a pile of drying ejaculate...there are no words.

Robb's storyline is really boring. It simply did not work. Talisa's premise is stupid. It would be much better if the series have been faithful to the books.

During the time Talisa was telling her story, I was tweeting, and missed nothing.

No other nitpick, it was a good episode, really.

So no Sansa yet again. Given that she should actually have a lot of scenes in ASOS I really don't understand moving her escape story with Dontos to Season 3. Tonight's episode would have been a good one to introduce that storyline and her having at least a second conversation with Sandor (the person she spends most of ACOK talking to). Sansa has almost been reduced to a more minor character than Ros or Shae!

No Weasel Soup, or Nan Soup even? One of Arya's best moments in the book that has gone for some reason.

Robb and what's her face: dear lord how badly can Robb and Cat's motivations and storyline become more messed up.

Robb and what's her face: dear lord how badly can Robb and Cat's motivations and storyline become more messed up.

Totally agree. The changes made to Robb and Cat's storyline are bewildering and seemingly pointless. I suppose we will see, but this season has had a boat load of changes that seem to have been made just for the sake of change.

Totally agree. The changes made to Robb and Cat's storyline are bewildering and seemingly pointless. I suppose we will see, but this season has had a boat load of changes that seem to have been made just for the sake of change.

:agree: Given the plot changes to far, I'm starting to sympathize with Roose over his decision at the Red Wedding. Unless Season 3 gets back to the plot, I really can't see myself being upset about Robb or Cat's demise.

I'm no book purist but the relationship between Robb and Talisa has been terrible. It's not because of the changes per se but the feel of it. Everything seems so forced about it. There's no chemistry between the actors, and it certainly doesn't help that the dialogs are so poor and uninteresting.

If the whole idea of showing more of Robb this season was for the audience to empathize with him, it's just not working. As a spectator I'm losing interest in his character and this is really one of the worst dangers: We're supposed to root for Robb, aren't we? But why should we? There's have been very little interest in showing him fighting a war and everything that it implies, and more interest into this relationship, that most people couldn't care less. I know that it’s too expensive to show battles, but we could see some planning or some briefing about the current situation, we know almost nothing about this war only that Robb is supposedly winning it.

Robb/Talisa storyline. Is she actually Jeyne? Get on with it. And the conversation with her about Ned = ugh

Cat releasing Jaime even though she thinks Bran and Rickon are still alive

Yara(Asha)/Theon scenes are kinda pointless

Dany pointless

Luwin is doing.... what?

Highlights: Jaime/Brienne scenes.

Tyrion/Bronn scenes

Jaqen

:agree: Given the plot changes to far, I'm starting to sympathize with Roose over his decision at the Red Wedding. Unless Season 3 gets back to the plot, I really can't see myself being upset about Robb or Cat's demise.

THIS. I cannot believe that I'm actually beginning to feel for ROOSE! Blasphemous, but a fact, nonetheless.

I can stand changes that involve budget issues, actor schedules, and other issues related with filming and production.

However, I CANNOT stand changes that involve a bunch of stuck up T.V. writers wanting to stroke their ego by trying to "one up" GRRM. Jeyne Westerling was fine... why did you replace her with this random girl from Volantis that decided to heal wounded people on ANOTHER CONTINENT because her brother drowned and a slave died saving her. It just doesn't make sense. Sure the whole not wanting to live in another slave city ever I can deal with, but Braavos isn't a slave city, and it isn't half way across the damn world, and her back story really doesn't explain why she felt the need to treat wounded soldiers.

And what's up with Qhorin. The gruff but understanding father like figure has apparently been rewritten as an angry old man with a hair up his ass.

oh, and to top it all off, Jaqen, a character that has been interpreted very well has just had one of his best moments written out of the show (it would seem).

I mean, I still gave the episode a 9/10 because it's still a good show on its own merit but PLEASE STOP MAKING POINTLESS AND SEEMINGLY RANDOM CHANGES FROM THE BOOKS, THE BOOKS ARE WHAT PEOPLE FELL I LOVE WITH AND THE STORY THEY TELL IS WHY YOU ARE MAKING THIS SHOW IN THE FIRST PLACE.

you read my mind....while I wasn't a huge superfan of book Robb (it's difficult with no POV and not a whole lot of time spent with him), I did like him. I know he acted like a fool in the books by breaking the Frey pact, but on the show he is acting like a fool/asshole. Book Robb didn't spend his time walking around camp finding girls to talk to and have sex with during grievous times....the relationship with him and Jeyne stemmed from him being badly injured and being stuck with her. Book Robb was also 15.

On the other hand, we have TV Robb. TV Robb is a grown man, and it's clear that we're supposed to think that. Why in the hell is he spending so much time with this girl when all of this very serious stuff is going on right in his own camp? He's not grievously injured on the Crag and being nursed back to health by a beautiful girl....it's kind of pathetic, really. And I'm kind of excited now to see TV Robb get stabbed in the back by Roose. Damn, never thought the show could make me hate their version of Robb! wtf.

And if the writer that wrote these scenes wrote Troy.....I see the problem.

Archived