[Book Spoilers] Nitpick without repercussion!

Agreed with everything, but especially the bolded part. We female viewers want our naked Jaqen fanservice too, HBO! It's hardly much to ask for considering how many unnecessary nude female scenes there are, right? Stupid sexist HBO... :crying:

Although I was have joking about it, there really is a double standard when it comes to nudity. We have had scene after scene this season of women underessing. In the Robb/Talisa scene, we did not get so much as a shot of Robb's chest. I take it as further proof that the show is just another form of fanboy love at this point.

Agreed with everything, but especially the bolded part. We female viewers want our naked Jaqen fanservice too, HBO! It's hardly much to ask for considering how many unnecessary nude female scenes there are, right? Stupid sexist HBO... :crying:

And on another related note, if we don't get to see Jaime at least half-naked in the baths at Harrenhal, I will seriously be nerd raging.

Jaime Lannister states my feelings about the Robb/Talisa relationship perfectly. I had been dreading the RW before the show but now I await it with glee. Hopefully, if the gods are good, we will never have to see or think about her again. I'm tired of the white-washing of Tyrion's character. Is it episode ten where he runs in to the burning orphanage to save all the children? Every Dany scene still makes me laugh. They have made her in to a brat and I'm starting to not like her in the books either because of it. The lack of Sansa development is really ticking me off. She is a major character in the books but you wouldn't know it from watching this show. There is also a scene in the books where Jaqen is naked in a bathtub? Where is it?!?! I want that scene!!!!

I am hanging in my tub right now, but i dont think it will have the same effect.

Agreed with everything, but especially the bolded part.

We female viewers want our naked Jaqen fanservice too, HBO! It's hardly much to ask for considering how many unnecessary nude female scenes there are, right? Stupid sexist HBO... :crying:

Its good to be king! :devil:

well last season the ladies had a shot at Theon's junk, which I think equates to like 11 naked female breasts and 12 naked female buttocks, (ros' counts as half price) so may be a while.

well last season the ladies had a shot at Theon's junk, which I think equates to like 11 naked female breasts and 12 naked female buttocks, (ros' counts as half price) so may be a while.

Well we've had at least 2 "full frontal" of Ros so they kind of cancel each other out.

Repercussion...

This thread is more negative than a 16 year old goth girl dating a 22 year old emo dude.

Seriously folks, the first reaction that you have when watching this TV show is to come here and complain about the color of Sam's teeth, or that a character can read? It would be OK, if this cesspool was left in a single thread here buried in a corner of the internet set aside solely for these people to share their misery with one another, but every single thread on this site is riddled with how much this show "sucks" or is "horrible", or has been "ruined".

It is not only this site, but this crap has spilled over to writers and actors of the show having to shut off their social networking sites because of all of the hatred. Larry Williams has had to vehemently defend his reviews because some of us as fans have decided it would be cool to vehemently attack him anonymously.

GoT is far and away the best fantasy television show ever made. All I am asking is that as fans, we keep that in mind as we write about things that we like and don't like in the series, and if you are one of the people writing crap to people involved in making this show, just know that you are lower than a snails underbelly. This is the reason that we as socially awkward and somewhat geeky fan boys and girls can't ever have anything nice.

Although I was have joking about it, there really is a double standard when it comes to nudity. We have had scene after scene this season of women underessing. In the Robb/Talisa scene, we did not get so much as a shot of Robb's chest. I take it as further proof that the show is just another form of fanboy love at this point.

Well, there was a naked Hodor in the Godswood ...

:leaving:

Thank the Old Gods for the subtitles.

Repercussion... This thread is more negative than a 16 year old goth girl dating a 22 year old emo dude. Seriously folks, the first reaction that you have when watching this TV show is to come here and complain about the color of Sam's teeth, or that a character can read? It would be OK, if this cesspool was left in a single thread here buried in a corner of the internet set aside solely for these people to share their misery with one another, but every single thread on this site is riddled with how much this show "sucks" or is "horrible", or has been "ruined". It is not only this site, but this crap has spilled over to writers and actors of the show having to shut off their social networking sites because of all of the hatred. Larry Williams has had to vehemently defend his reviews because some of us as fans have decided it would be cool to vehemently attack him anonymously. GoT is far and away the best fantasy television show ever made. All I am asking is that as fans, we keep that in mind as we write about things that we like and don't like in the series, and if you are one of the people writing crap to people involved in making this show, just know that you are lower than a snails underbelly. This is the reason that we as socially awkward and somewhat geeky fan boys and girls can't ever have anything nice.

Hey! No repercussions! :P

But seriously, I'm sick and tired of people telling us that we have no right to complain about aspects of the show we don't like. Why come on to this thread at all if all you want to do is praise the show endlessly. That's not what this thread is for.

And on another related note, if we don't get to see Jaime at least half-naked in the baths at Harrenhal, I will seriously be nerd raging.

Especially since NCW has done nude scenes before. Even full-frontal. So it probably be wouldn't be a problem on his end of things. Richard Madden was also completely naked in Sirens, but in the scene with Talisa it's Oona Chaplin who had all the nakedness quota. Where's all the male nudity ??

Hey! No repercussions! :P But seriously, I'm sick and tired of people telling us that we have no right to complain about aspects of the show we don't like. Why come on to this thread at all if all you want to do is praise the show endlessly. That's not what this thread is for.

I am not trying to say that at all. I often talk about things that I liked and didn't like about the show. That is not what I take issue with. My problem is when people do nothing but talk about how "terrible", or how the show is "ruined" or how this thing is the worst tragedy since Chernobyl. The reason I spoke up here about it is that this kind of crap has bled into almost all of the other threads, and has led to people anonymously attacking writers, actors, and reviewers of the show.

I appreciate opinions, I just don't like reading pages and pages of nothing but attacks about the show. There are writing decisions and acting performances that I think are better or worse than others as well. I would like to hear about those rather than just a juvenile response of "This show is ruined because my favorite character didn't say or do things exactly the way I read it."

I am not trying to say that at all. I often talk about things that I liked and didn't like about the show. That is not what I take issue with. My problem is when people do nothing but talk about how "terrible", or how the show is "ruined" or how this thing is the worst tragedy since Chernobyl. The reason I spoke up here about it is that this kind of crap has bled into almost all of the other threads, and has led to people anonymously attacking writers, actors, and reviewers of the show. I appreciate opinions, I just don't like reading pages and pages of nothing but attacks about the show. There are writing decisions and acting performances that I think are better or worse than others as well. I would like to hear about those rather than just a juvenile response of "This show is ruined because my favorite character didn't say or do things exactly the way I read it."

I think you're exaggerating people's reactions and certainly most of the people on this thread have not been sending threatening messages to people on the show. I can't really speak for everyone else (though I'm sure others share my opinion.), but I really enjoy GOT as a show, I simply don't like it as much as an adaptation.

Archived