[Book Spoilers]Ros/Alayaya

I'm starting a thread because I know this is going to get a lot of discussion.

I actually started to like Ros this season, and I thought that scene played out very well. And for the purists, let me just say that I for one am relieved that we didn't have a young black girl stripped and beaten by a bunch of wealthy white aristocrats. I'm not typically politically correct by any means, and I understand compartmentalizing a fantasy series versus the real world, but there is just waaaaay too much baggage behind the original scene from the books. This is the only way it could work, and it did.

Yeah, it worked because she has been around so much and is easily identifiable by now. Well, sort of. The person I was watching it with had no idea who she was. But he hates the show. I expect most viewers do. I thought that was the best way to handle it.

Why wouldn't Cersei think Ros was Tyrion's favorite whore?

Cersei doesn't see any prostitute, let alone one she suspects is Tyrion's favorite, as a person; they're just disgusting evidence of Tyrion's depravity and lack of character. Neither Tywin nor Cersei have ever shown the slightest bit of understanding for the reasons Tyrion spends time with prostitutes (especially in the books), so why is it surprising she jumps to the wrong conclusion when they find a Lannister chain on Ros (thanks to Varys, I'm guessing)?

cersei knows tyrion sent hores to joffrey

she thinks that ros is tyrion's love

it is logical she would make some basic inquiry into who ros is

the hound, varys, LF, joffrey all know who ros is, the whore that tyrion sent to joffrey

again it boggles the mind that cersei would think that this is the whore tyrion loves

so why is it surprising she jumps to the wrong conclusion when they find a Lannister chain on Ros (thanks to Varys, I'm guessing)?

They actually set this up in season 1. When Theon is with Ros after the royal party leaves Winterfell he notes the chain that Tyrion gave her, calling it a "good tip." She's been wearing it almost every time she's on screen in season 2.

cersei knows tyrion sent hores to joffrey she thinks that ros is tyrion's love it is logical she would make some basic inquiry into who ros is the hound, varys, LF, joffrey all know who ros is, the whore that tyrion sent to joffrey again it boggles the mind that cersei would think that this is the whore tyrion loves

How is any of this logical or match what we know about Cersei (from either the books or show)?

Cersei doesn't view Tyrion as a person with normal emotions, she (and Tywin) view his frequenting of whores with disdain but they never bother to spend any time trying to understand or learn more about it. Sending his supposed love to Joffrey only emphasizes, in her mind, Tyrion's depravity. It's exactly what she'd expect a vile whore-lover like Tyrion to do.

so using your logic, why would cersei think that Tyrion cares about Ros at all?

In the book, tyrion visited alaya many times, establishing that this was someone that Tyrion cared about due to the repeated visits.

She thinks it because a spy told her that she was the one. What is so hard to believe about that. I don't know why anyone even answers your posts since all you do is run around complaining about every single thing that happens in the show.

Ros has a Lannister chain/necklace, was with Tyrion at Winterfell and has been in KL for awhile. She also was specifically sent to Joffrey, as you noted. Someone tells her that it's Ros. Why wouldn't Cersei jump at this?

She's not exactly the Westerosi Sherlock Holmes after all, and sending his "love" to Joffrey is exactly the type of act a twisted and depraved dwarf like Tyrion would do (from her PoV).

Honestly, you come across like you're complaining about anything for the sake of complaining now.

They actually set this up in season 1. When Theon is with Ros after the royal party leaves Winterfell he notes the chain that Tyrion gave her, calling it a "good tip." She's been wearing it almost every time she's on screen in season 2.

Exactly. This was actually a clever change by the writers. Well done!

Why would Ros bother playing along when she presumably doesn't know of any hidden whore, when last time she did something for Tyrion she had to torture a coworker, and when now she is the one being tortured?

Well, Tyrion did tip her well...yeah, that doesn't make a whole of sense. I also didn't remember the fact that he gave her a necklace; it was an offhand comment from over a season ago. I guess using Ros makes sense since she's the most well known prostitute on the show and in Westeros, but you bring up a good point. I guess Cersei wouldn't beleive her anyway, but it makes no sense that she would play along after what happened to her when Tyrion sent her to Joffrey.

You could tell by the way the conversation started that Varys told Cersei that Tyrion loved Ros, essentially saving Shae's life. I thought that much was obvious. All that matters is that Cersei thinks it's true.

Archived