The mentioning of Ser Mandon Moore ...

I noticed he got a good mention by Cersei in the Tyrion/Ros scene, and after it I was expecting to see him a little bit more to set up the character before next episode. We didn't though, and now it seems to be little more than a reference to a character currently being played by a featured extra.

So how should his betrayal of Tyrion unfold in next weeks episode? Well, chances are it won't and I can recall someone suggesting Meryn Trant should take his place which seems like a good enough idea -- audiences have already seen him being a lacklustre guardsmen who follows Cersei and Joffrey unquestionably while also having a general dislike for Tyrion. So this idea makes sense and is helped by the fact that audiences probably already dislike the fellow.

Yet, the mention had to be for some reason outside of adding a little bit to the world. Cersei could have said Ser Arys or Ser Boros to get audiences more familiar with characters who become important later. So, I'm thinking that perhaps Moore has been cast for a kind of one-episode arc where he is told it is his duty to protect Tyrion, only to betray him for Cersei. I can't see any other point of him being mentioned outside of this; and it's in many small ways similar to mentioning the Bastard of Bolton.

What we do know however is how vital that scene is to Tyrion's storyline, so I'm pretty sure it's going to happen. As in, I'm not expecting him to run into battle only be accidentally knocked unconscious again. I guess it all depends on how much exposition at King's Landing we get before the actual battle begins.

We also got Pod introduced as well, so I'm guessing that's a mini arc. Plus, a spot needs to open in the kingsguard

Does it though? The Hound leaves which gives Loras room to join, who else joins? My memory has failed me.

Edit: I just remembered Osmund Kettleblack. He hasn't been in the show yet but that could be a very good way of introducing that family in early season 3 -- especially if Littlefinger suggests his induction.

I don't think the majority of the non-book readers even heard the name, and they will definitely not remember it next week.

I honestly didn't care when I thought he'd been cut. I just figured Tyrion would be wounded by one of Stannis's men and he'd be completely removed from the show.

Or they'll just mention offhand how he died in battle (plus we'll know the Hound deserted) giving us a reason to put Loras on the KG and introduce Kettleblack next season.

So long Preston Greenfield, arguably one of the least important characters in the entire series.

She barely ever recites the list anymore...

The list has been one of the best elements of the show that has been handled most poorly. Such a shame.

Arya's and Dany's chapters were my some of my favourites in CoK and SoS but they have suffered the most from 'artistic license' in the TV show. Hope things get back on track in season 3.

I still think Mandon Moore will try to get Tyrion killed. They can't just namedrop a kingsguard and then pretend he doesn't exist later on. I don't think it'll be Meryn Trant since they need him to stick around. Poor Arys Oakheart, we saw him (being played by an extra) on the boat with Myrcella, but his name has never been mentioned on the show. Boros Blount has been mentioned but not seen as far as I know.

I noticed Ser Mandon Moore mentioned also. Made my ears prick up. So I think it will be Moore who rides out with Tyrion, fights beside him, and then looks for the opportunity to kill him. He and Tyrion might have a little chat while sitting on their horses waiting to go out to the battle, filling in some detail. Moore didn't play much of a role in the books either, until he tried to kill Tyrion.

The list has been one of the best elements of the show that has been handled most poorly. Such a shame.

I agree. Wouldn't it have been nice to end every episode with Arya reciting her list over the credits?

I noticed Ser Mandon Moore mentioned also. Made my ears prick up. So I think it will be Moore who rides out with Tyrion, fights beside him, and then looks for the opportunity to kill him. He and Tyrion might have a little chat while sitting on their horses waiting to go out to the battle, filling in some detail. Moore didn't play much of a role in the books either, until he tried to kill Tyrion.

Sounds very plausible.

I had kinda forgoten about Moore, and just assumed that they were going to have someone else do the betrayal. But when I heard that, I started wondering if I was correct. I just hope they still show it as a betrayal and that the guy is actually trying to kill Tyrion, not just some dumb accident.

Archived