[Book Spoilers] Hiding in the Crypts

heh. i like and dislike this move. i like it b/c i really wanted them to go to the crypts. dislike it b/c the way they did it in the show didn't make a ton of sense. while watching their escape last week i held out hope that they'd backtrack to the crypts, but dismissed the idea as silly b/c either a) they'd run into theon and co on the road, or B) they'd be tracked wherever they went.

the river thing makes some sense though, so at least they tried to explain it. but osha just wandering around the castle -- blatantly in view of anyone looking, which in this case was only luwin? seems contrived. still, i'll take it over a weird escape. that way they can be there for the sack etc, and hopefully see it through summer's eyes, which i'm happy about

It is their castle so I guess they know it very well. We do not need to see everything. i had no problem with it at all. When we do not have Alalaya ect not seen bran and Co getting to the cript is not such a big deal IMHO.

this is basically saying, "when they have massive plot holes, small ones aren't so bad."

i'm not worried about how they got back into the castle, even though ironmen were guarding it as much as how hodor and rickon outran men on horseback for an entire day

As a book reader it didn't bother me because as I remember, this is what happened in the books....they left and then backtracked through the stream.

The only difference is that when i read the books I imagined that they left winterfell and backtracked that same night and were already in the crypts when Theon and Reek went searching for them.

As a book reader it didn't bother me because as I remember, this is what happened in the books....they left and then backtracked through the stream. The only difference is that when i read the books I imagined that they left winterfell and backtracked that same night and were already in the crypts when Theon and Reek went searching for them.

that is what happened. They went to the edge of the woods, sent the direwolves on and backtracked to the castle, all before theon even set off.

for me this is a small issue, i can easily overlook it, B&R are where they are supposed to be for the sack of winterfell

The whole "Luwin seeing Osha as she sneaked back into the crypts" scene was cringe worthy.

Yeah. Fucking hell, there'd be absolutely no reason for her to sneak out in the middle of the day to steal food? It was a pretty contrived way of having Luwin figure out what happened. Ew.

It's also a little annoying because in the books Luwin knew the bodies weren't Bran and Rickon. I liked that he wasn't fooled. although it did make one question why he didn't send a raven to Cat and Robb to share that with them!

umm did luwin know in the books that the bodies werent? all that were left were flayed heads dipped in tar. I thought he was suprised when the found him dying in the greatwood

the issue for me, is that, in the book, they both leave and return before they are suspected of being gone. but in the tv show, we see that they are still out and about after it's been discovered that they are gone. seems like it would be near impossible to get back without being spotted, but whatever.

We did not need to see it, already enough needless stuff in this ep. Bran knows that castle like the back of his hand. Theon also snuck because he knows the castle well. The Bran storyline is a bore at this moment. They need to keep him off screen until the dreadfort men show up which is like season 3. More time for Stannis and Kings landing scenes

umm did luwin know in the books that the bodies werent? all that were left were flayed heads dipped in tar. I thought he was suprised when the found him dying in the greatwood

In the books the bodies were tarred and feathered for posterity. So the legs could be seen, in the show they were burnt so Luwin would not be able to figure it out

I was so happy they are hiding in the crypts I'm willing to forgive anything. ;) I thought they wouldn't and I really want to see them leave the crypts to find Winterfell burned and Maester Luwin dying.

In the books the bodies were tarred and feathered for posterity. So the legs could be seen, in the show they were burnt so Luwin would not be able to figure it out

i remember reading that he flayed and mounted the skulls and burned the bodies, he took the melted direwolf thingie from the fire. could have been after bringing the tarred bodies back to winterfell i suppose

The whole "Luwin seeing Osha as she sneaked back into the crypts" scene was cringe worthy.

In the middle of the day no less, while Theon is in the courtyard.

At least be sneaky about sneaking.

Archived