[Book Spoilers] Hiding in the Crypts

again, all in all, i think the writers did a great job on the winterfell storyline throughout the season

i totally agree. look, they need to have leuwin around later on to take rickon, and if they have to throw in a questionable scene to keep that guy around, im all for it. it didn't mess up the integrity of the story at all imo and like someone already said, as long as they got back to the crypts, I'm all good.

When I saw them on the run in the episode before I thougt the "hiding in the crypts" bit was cut. I can understand why they were shown near the farm, so at least some viewers were fooled about the identitiy of the corpses. But I didn't find it logical to be on the run with the wolves and then turn back, sneak back into the castle and not be caught. But then, hey, Osha is a Wildling. She can probably do anything.

This change makes me think that they might be postponing the Sack of Winterfell until S3, simply because I can't see any other reason why they wouldn't leave the reveal of Bran and Rickon until then. It'd make a great twist for the season finale whereas here it fell rather flat. But that would be explained if it would've meant waiting a year for the reveal.

It's also a little annoying because in the books Luwin knew the bodies weren't Bran and Rickon. I liked that he wasn't fooled. although it did make one question why he didn't send a raven to Cat and Robb to share that with them!

Of course Luwin didn't send word to Robb and Catelyn. Theon killed the ravens! ... and took all the horses! Couldn't help but laugh a little at how pitiful it all sounded.

My biggest concern was how well non-book readers would grasp that Osha and kids were hiding in the crypts. It's the first time they've been shown since last season. Cringeworthy all around. But having Luwin find them lends credence to the theory that he may take Osha's place with Rickon after Winterfell's sacked. Of course, if Skagos is another red herring, who needs the old man past season 2?

I would vision the last part of winterfell story in ep 10 like

Theon gets word if an aproaching northmen army and that he is surrounded and luwin gets his "take the black speach" theon then push him to the ground and raises his sword

Cut to later scene when bran wargs summer into winterfell burning and deserted then they exit the crypts and they find the agonising luwin that instructs them to find the reeds / go to skagos or something similar

Of course Luwin didn't send word to Robb and Catelyn. Theon killed the ravens! ... and took all the horses! Couldn't help but laugh a little at how pitiful it all sounded. My biggest concern was how well non-book readers would grasp that Osha and kids were hiding in the crypts. It's the first time they've been shown since last season. Cringeworthy all around. But having Luwin find them lends credence to the theory that he may take Osha's place with Rickon after Winterfell's sacked. Of course, if Skagos is another red herring, who needs the old man past season 2?

I suspect Luwin will go with Bran and Osha will stay with Rickon, at least if the Rickon being on Skagos has any long term implications. Wouldn't make sense for a maester to be accepted on Skagos.

Was cringeworthy, but I believe Osha left the crypts to get food in the book as well.

Archived