[BOOK SPOILERS] "I found a good ship."

Okay, so a ship with a good captain leaves for Astapor "tommorow", I guess, then we will see Dany leave Qarth and probably see Barristan too in her last scene of the season, what do you think ?

That would mean she's rushing to the Hotu at the end of the episode !

Maybe or they miss the ship, for the dramatic effect, "Dany won't leave without her children" or something like that

I thought she wouldnt leave because of fire and blood. or did I miss something?

Just going by the episode description, it seems the HoTU will happen in the final episode. I like the idea of Ser Barristan showing up in her final scene. It would be so much better than him just popping up next season.

Yeah, that is why I'm quite certain of too... she will leave Qarth on that ship at the end of the episode, so they dont have to rebuild the whole Qarth setup next season, and to end up this story arc, it is perfect to end it this way !

But in order to work for tv, they'll have to essentially reveal Barristan to the tv audience: his scene from the throne room will have to be in the "previously" scenes, his disguise shouldn't be too good, etc. Then the non-book viewers can say, "Isnt that Barristan? ... with Dany!" That's the reaction they want as a cliffhanger.

Episode 10's synopsis said Dany was going to "a strange place." Much as I'd love to see the House of Undying, I don't think Dany's going there. Since we haven't heard of casting for anyone Dany sees in the visions or even the Undying, I'm starting to wonder what they'll do with it.

Ser Jorah didn’t find one good ship; he found Groleo in command of three ships sent from Magister Illyrio and bearing Ser Barristan and Strong Belwas.

I suggest that the ship found is not one of those ships from Illyrio, and that Dany won’t meet up wtih Barristan and Belwas until later, perhaps at Astapor. She would now have no other reason to go to Astapor but for having no choice in it, whereas in the book she was testing things by redirecting their appointed course.

I suggest that the ship found is not one of those ships from Illyrio, and that Dany won’t meet up wtih Barristan and Belwas until later.

I rather think so, too. Can't see them launching onto the Selmy stuff now with all the rest that needs to fit into these last two episodes. And the more distance they can place between his last appearance and his reappearance the better, as I think many will recognize him, even with the disguise, unless he's one amazingly versatile actor.

As much as I want Barristan to come back this season, it just doesn't make sense. Why try to force him into this season (especially when they're trying to save $$) when they can just wait till next season and have him be a main character. I think it makes more sense that the HoTU will be Dany's last scene. the burning building behind her, would be the perfect mirror to how her story ended in season 1. Blood and ashes....

I’m sure the actor is plenty good; no fears on that account. But it’s still up for grabs how and whether they’ll do the disguise thing.

All that’s certain is that Ser Barristan without a shred of doubt shall eventually reappear to become part of Dany’s Queensguard. They aren’t name-dropping him for nothing, you know. They want to make sure people remember him.

A friend of mine, who is a non-book reader, knew who Barristan was from the Jaime/Alton scene. A lot of people will recognise him because he is older and quite distinguished. There's also the looming question of "I wonder what happened to that guy."

I swear i thought the next words out of Jorah were going to be

"Its called the Lollipop"

I never get tired of reading your posts, mate. Good God. :cheers:

A friend of mine, who is a non-book reader, knew who Barristan was from the Jaime/Alton scene. A lot of people will recognise him because he is older and quite distinguished. There's also the looming question of "I wonder what happened to that guy."

Correct.

Archived