[BOOK SPOILERS] "I found a good ship."

I do not see why that disguise issue ought be any problem. You see an old man, face covered mostly by a hood, only a white beard visible, he smashes the manticore from Danys hand, kneels before her and then removes the hood, looks up and says "my name is Arstan, I was sent to protect you" ... and millions of viewers look flabbergasted at each other, thinking "holy crap it is that kingsguard guy from season 1 on an undercover mission and Dany doesn´t know it!"

I suspect the viewers will enjoy the knowledge that they are aware of Arstan´s identity (more than just a few will totally miss it, I am sure) while Dany is not even more than the way the reveal was handled in the books. It could really build suspense over several episodes.

couldnt they just have barristan be the ships captain? groleo and belwas can both be eliminated from the show fairly easily, and having him as the ships captain would be a great way for him to stay present and interact wiht dany but still stay under the radar

Commanding men and mastering a ship are normally different jobs; “merely” being Lord Commander of the Kingsguard does not make you qualified to be the ship’s master. Apart from Davos, I doubt any point of view characters we’ve seen has the sea-going experience to do that. It’s a highly skilled position, which is why modern nations grant master’s licences for such purposes.

Now maybe if instead of Ian MᶜElhinney, they’d gotten Russell Crowe to play Ser Barristan . . . 🚢

couldnt they just have barristan be the ships captain? groleo and belwas can both be eliminated from the show fairly easily, and having him as the ships captain would be a great way for him to stay present and interact wiht dany but still stay under the radar

We need Strong Belwas, who else take a dump in front of the slaver city?

We need Strong Belwas, who else take a dump in front of the slaver city?

And which city might that be? Perhaps there will only be one slaver city. Or perhaps Dany-Aerys’s odyssey will proceed like this:

1. Season one: Pentos and Vaes Dothrak
  2. Season two: Qarth
  3. Season three: Astapor
  4. Season four: Yunkai
  5. Season five: Meereen
  6. Season six: Meereen
  7. Season seven: Meereen
  8. Season eight: Meereen
  9. Season nine: “Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me!”
  10. Season ten: the Stepstones
  11. Season eleven: [CANCELLED]

There's also Renly asking about Barristan earlier in the series, I think he was talking to Cat though maybe that was in my head.

Despite the illogic around it I think Barristan is going to turn out to be the Ships captain, in this series or the next. D&D don't seem to care anymore about plot holes as long as it cuts their minor character budget.

And which city might that be? Perhaps there will only be one slaver city. Or perhaps Dany-Aerys’s odyssey will proceed like this:
  1. Season one: Pentos and Vaes Dothrak
  2. Season two: Qarth
  3. Season three: Astapor
  4. Season four: Yunkai
  5. Season five: Meereen
  6. Season six: Meereen
  7. Season seven: Meereen
  8. Season eight: Meereen
  9. Season nine: “Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me!”
  10. Season ten: the Stepstones
  11. Season eleven: [CANCELLED]

I belive it was Yunkai and the series will probably only go to season eight maybe nine

Honestly, it wouldnt bother me if Strong Belwas was cut, he's not a really important character, quite useless apart from some moments, so, well...

Strong belwas vs some impossible name hero of merreen who pisses in front of danny and her khalasar

SB kills him after he lets the hero cut him once beheads him and the shits at the city defenders as they fire arrows at him

Just epic television gold moment for me

Any more of this cutting Strong Belwas talk and there's gonna be a revolt

Strong Belwas always lets his enemies cut him once before defeating them.

I imagine Strong will each some liver and onions after defeating D&D

Strong Belwas always lets his enemies cut him once before defeating them.

I imagine Strong will each some liver and onions after defeating D&D

And his big ass did a barrrel rool avoiding an opponent on horseback and killed the champion of mereen amd his horse in 2 strikes. He's my #1 pfp fighter is SoIaF.

Archived