[Spoiler]Do you all hate Bran?

ShadowRaven

I like Bran....and like it or not the magic / fantasy is going to be playing a role in the series end so....

Anyways - I think the issue with Bran is two-fold. First being the aforementioned age pov issue for GRRM. It's tough to write...and it's tough to write it in a way that doesn't cause the reader to /roll eyes at stupid 7 year old internal monologue... The second issue being...if he reveals too much at once then he has very few secrets left to withhold and everyone knows everything pertinent that's going on in the series...all the mysterious history of a few characters gets instantly revealed... It seems to me that Bran is going to end up being fairly omniscient of the westerosi interactions...so that is why his story line is dragging. I'm excited to see it develop further.

"Do you all hate Bran?" - You mean why dont we like Bran as much as you do ;)

Anyway, I think that the Tv show is going to jump him off to coldhands who is going to play a bigger part ...

Am I the only one that wants him to stay a tree? If he leaves the cave, he is just a crippled little boy, but if he stays he can become the next Professor X.

I want to see Bran vs. Euron in a magic mindfreaking battle, while Jon fights Dany in the physical Others vs. Dragon battle...

I like Bran's chapters!

The might not be the one I look forward to the most, but I find them very interesting, and he's an interesting character. His greenseeing abilities and interactions with Coldhands/BR/ COTF/ you name it, are fascinating for me.

I still hold out hope that the Reeds were only moved to S3 for time/ budget reasons, and that they will be brought into the story early in S3. If they'd really be cut completely and Bran's story changed drastically I would be pissed :P

Having said that, I sincerely hope Bran doesn't stay in that cave and become a tree, he needs to learn the full extent of his abilities, and how to use them, and then he needs to get the hell out of there before he has a tree root poking through his eye XD

For some people the Cercei chapters is what they are waiting for, or the Jaime, or the Daenarys, or the Theon...You get my point. Am I the only one who looks forward to the Bran chapters? Why do so many people not mind it that the Reeds won't be casted, or neglect the fact that he is in FACT the true King of the North since Robb died. People use these excuses: - He's becoming a tree - He's not planning on coming back - He's cripple, won't be able to have children He is barely ten years old in the books, how come people are already deciding what he is and is not going to do? GRRM hasn't mentioned that Bran is invertile, nor has he stated Bran will stay north of the wall, so why is it that so many people wish for him to be out of the picture? I get that there are probably more Sansa likers than Bran. But why don't these fans realise that Sansa's claim comes after Bran's. He's been wronged so much in life, do we have to neglect his rights as well?
I love Bran chapters. When I was a child I used to climb everything so I had great respect for Bran, his fall may be the deciding factor of getting into ASOIAF. Although he usually cries and whimpers, as an orphan should, his perosna is amazing. The prophetic name of Brandon Stark, the greendreams, Summer, etc. I am always looking forward to Bran chapters and I greatly miss the Reeds (and Big/Little Walder). Calling him a tree, or at least when I do it is in jest (although he is). Ned said he won't be able to father kids, but Ned's an idiot.

But rightful King? Why? Because the laws in the south say the second son is heir apparent? Besides putting a crown aside for the sake of the Realm is just to badass to not be done. As for us Sansa fans, we know that she is the weakest claim to anything, even her "baby sister" is Lady of Winterfell. However I'm taking the Renly approach and deciding that Sansa would make the best monarch.

Personally, I get more excited about Bran chapters than any others! I always flip through the book I'm reading to see how long it'll be before the next Bran chapter comes.

I was really, really surprised to see that not everyone feels this way about Bran, a character whom GRRM clearly intended to be a protagonist -- one who we're all supposed to want to root for. (And I'm even more surprised that so many people actually like some of the crueler characters, which bothers me deep down. You're supposed to be repulsed by certain characters, not excited about them.)

I like Bran.. I'll agree with those who say he is not as interesting or complex as some other POV characters. I think he's fairly brave and resourceful for his age, and it's heartbreaking that he'll never get to be a knight like he always dreamed.

I hope he gets to do something with dragons, but logistically I don't know how that would play out.

The mystical/warg/reed/dreamy stuff would be a bit much if it took up the whole story, but he really doesn't get that many chapters. It's just extra 'flavor' for the story.

In general, I think GRRM tends to rely a bit much on dreams in this series, especially with Bran. In real life, most dreams are just random and pointless. I'd love for someone to have just a weird, random and meaningless dream... say, if tyrion dreamed that he was building a canoe with Allister Thorne and Lysa Tully.

...if he reveals too much at once then he has very few secrets left to withhold and everyone knows everything pertinent that's going on in the series...all the mysterious history of a few characters gets instantly revealed... It seems to me that Bran is going to end up being fairly omniscient of the westerosi interactions...so that is why his story line is dragging. I'm excited to see it develop further.

I completely agree. It's part of the way that GRRM adds suspense. We all know that Bran has a very big future ahead of him, whether he stays in the cave or not (which I personally doubt...I mean, isn't that cave going to get attacked anyways, according to Melisandre's chapter?). I think we just need to be patient to see what the future holds for Bran Stark.

Bran is ADWD was his story finally reaching the point we were waiting for. So I sort of found him somewhat boring in prior books but in ADWD his story was great. So now I am excited for his chapters in the next book.

Bran in general is not as interesting character as most others and his storyline quest of reaching the north was not particularly exciting until ADWD. His chapters often get the fantastic element and descriptions of the mythology of ASOIAF to make them more interesting, something that is often lacking from other chapters. So we get a story of the children of the forest, night king and so on in his chapters and those aspects I rather liked and we as well learned about the third eyed crow.

As for his story in ADWD, it felt more urgent, dramatic and finally getting somewhere. Jojen's impeding doom, trying to survive along with Coldhands, the mystery of discovery of what the children of the forest are about, and of course of the third eyed crow all these elements helped. Then when we get in the cave an atmosphere of impeding doom remains, and seeing Bran trying to handle this situation was also interesting as is the increasing warging of Hodor and what that means, basically in ADWD there is superior drama in my view than at least ASOS. Bran himself is finally getting through awakening his talents, which does come with an eventual ugly fate, and we get some visions of the world of ASOIAF that are revealing parts of the world and are a puzzle for us to solve. The implications of Bran and the prior greenseer affecting the world of ASOIAF are also interesting. Especially if it has influenced Theon's storyline. There is even a connection with Mellisandre seeing him in her visions. How the Others are connected with the children of the forrest is also something I am curious about as I am also curious about Benjen's fate. Finally what we learned about Bloodraven helps us understand things that happened in Jon Snow's storyline and to come with ideas and theories about Mormont's crow. So in some way Bran's story becomes relevant to ASOIAF storyline as a while.

I Like Bran, but yes his chapters are boring... you took pity of him and start thinkin "ohh his life is awfull" for most part... but yes I DO HATE JOJEN! How anoying is a "budha kid" ç.ç, I just don't buy it, It makes more sense to me Arya the assassin child.

But his chapters are important as he sees uniques parts of the "MAGIC OF THE NORTH". It is not like Brianne who is boring and her chapters don't add much.

Bran's story has gotten much more interesting as the series has progressed (not that it was bad to begin with), something that can't be said for every POV character. His chapters in ADWD were riveting and brilliantly imaginative, if too few in number. And yes, I also like him as a character. He reminds me a lot of myself at that age.

Bran has consistently been my favorite character in the series. His brief chapter in Game of Thrones where he 'flies' in his dream I think is one of the msot moving chapters in the entire series.

You can immeditaely tell how special he is just based upon how devastated Catelyn was at the prospect of him going South with Ned. Forget the girls, it was Bran she cared about, and it was also Bran who was wupposed to foster a good relationship between the young Baratheons and Starks.

Aside from being the best-natured Stark kid, Bran is clearly the most special (besides maybe J snow). Bran never really seems to get down despite all the terrible things happening around him, and is now closer than ever to really helping out the other characters in the story.

Bran chapters happen so rarely now that seeing one is a real treat, and I'm hoping the next two books will fully realize his potential.

BRAN THE REBUILDER!

Archived