Favourite Tyrion Lannister line yet? {SPOILERS}

winterWarg

So what's your favorite Tyrion quote of the series so far(i.e,until ASoS)? What, according to you,is the funniest, wisest or most philosophical thing he's said?

Mine has to be :

'He wondered how many lives had been snuffed out by that fart'.

I'm leaving out the context to minimize the spoiler, cos i realize folks will be at different stages in AsoS.

I know it's not technically something he said, and its just a thought...but I found it hilarious, not to mention sad...cos it probably is true. An entire story could have been re-written right there.

This should be a great thread.

There are so many and I'm ashamed to say I have forgotten many, but one that will always stick with me is the:

"your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you will know the debt is paid" quote to Cersei.

Chilling stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrion's got some of the best quotes in the series, here's a few off the top of my head.

"I don't even know who my mother was," Jon said.

"Some woman, no doubt. Most of them are."

“My sister has mistaken me for a mushroom. She keeps me in the dark and feeds me shit.”

“Noseless and Handless, the Lannister Boys.”

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

“Lord Littlefinger.” Podrick managed a quick look at his face, then hastily dropped his eyes. “I meant, Lord Petyr. Lord Baelish. The master of coin. “

“You make him sound a crowd."

I was also in public when I read that line and I felt really awkward because I was laughing like an idiot by myself.

Talking to Lord Tywin about Joffrey's marriage costs:

"[...]The entire fish market is gone, and both the River Gate and the King's gate are splintered from the battering Stannis gave them and should be replaced. I shudder to think of the cost." If you do shit gold, Father, find a privy and get busy, he wanted to say, but he knew better.

And on the very same page (middle book spoiler):

"I will find your money."

"You will," his father promised, "and while you are about it, see if you can find your wife's bed as well."

[...]"I have, thank you. It's that piece of furniture betwenn the window and the hearth, with the velvet canopy and the mattress stuffed with goose down."

So what's your favorite Tyrion quote of the series so far(i.e,until ASoS)? What, according to you,is the funniest, wisest or most philosophical thing he's said?

Mine has to be :

'He wondered how many lives had been snuffed out by that fart'.

oh yes that was a brilliant one, typical Tyrion :cool4:

he has a lot of great witty lines yet the one that has really stuck in my head is from AGOT when he says

"most people would rather believe a lie then face a hard truth"

there is real wisdom in that statement and i find a very realistic take on the world, being the realist i am.

Archived