[book spoiler] Whitebeard anyone?

As far as the story goes he wouldn't have been introduced yet unless they altered it. From an actor's standpoint it is difficult to hold on to an actor that you don't use for a full year, but the promise of an expanded role over what he had first season for the indefinite future is a good enticement. From a budgetary standpoint it's cheaper to have less actors, so holding off until next season would make sense. When you put it all together and take into account that he hasn't showed up yet I think it is likely he'll show up in the final episode and a scene similar to the books will play out. He foils an assassination attempt, declares himself Arstan Whitebeard and then gives the lead in for her story next season as he reveals the ships awaiting her.

It appears that Ser Ilyn is making a cameo this weekend why couldnt Ser Barristan next?

Me, I’d call Ser Ilyn showing up in “Blackwater” more of an appearance than I would a cameo, per se.

A cameo would be like Dany having a vision of dead-Drogo-alive or dead-Ned-alive, while she’s flailing about in her shade-of-the-evening azure trippiness in the House of the Undying during this season’s last episode, Valar Morghulis.

Valar Morghulis is a very secret episode, anything is still possible !

That’s interesting. What might you be meaning when you say that it’s a “very secret episode”? They’ve released an episode mini-summary for the various TV viewers’ guides, so I’m not how it can be very secret.

That’s interesting. What might you be meaning when you say that it’s a “very secret episode”? They’ve released an episode mini-summary for the various TV viewers’ guides, so I’m not how it can be very secret.

Probably danny will get a fourth dragon as the final cliffhanger

Last season ended with all our characters setting out on a new journey: Robb to war, Arya setting out in the NW caravan, Jon riding beyong the Wall, Tyrion sent to King's Landing to be Hand, Dany birthing the dragons. I think this season will be the same: Jon going off with the wildlings, Arya meeting the brotherhood, Jaime and Brienne we've seen, Tyrion adjusting to Tywin's arrival, And, I hope, Dany setting sail to Astapor with Arstan and Strong Belwas.

Archived