A Question about the Freys (spoilers)

The Flayed Men

Im a bit confused as to who their alliancey lie with, be it Casterly Rock or the North. I understand that Walder Frey supported the cause of Rbb due to his promise of a betrothal to one of his daughters/granddaughters after the war (he's ballsed that up though). However i cant get my head around Cleos Frey, the guy who was travelling with Jamie, and the kid who was killed by Karstark and his men in Riverrun. Are they part of the same Frey family, if so it seems quite odd that they fight for seperate sides. All help is much appreciated.

The Freys allegiances lie with the Freys and no one else.

As for Cleos, his mother was Genna Lannister, who is Tywin's sister, which is why he fought for them.

In any family (especially one as large as the Freys) you would get, through marriage, members who's allegiances are at crossed paths.

• 3 weeks later...

The Freys allegiances lie with the Freys and no one else.

As for Cleos, his mother was Genna Lannister, who is Tywin's sister, which is why he fought for them.

In any family (especially one as large as the Freys) you would get, through marriage, members who's allegiances are at crossed paths.

Perfect answer.

• 3 weeks later...

How can you support someone who murders his own brother?

I don't believe he knew what the hell was going on until it happened. I believe he was being seduced by Melisandre and her spells. I hate the Red Woman and her religion tho'. How do you feel about Davos?

I agree, Freerider. Also, i think it states clearly in the books that Stannis knows what Melisandre does, and also knew about the shadow that killed Renly, since it was him. He mentions something about seeming like a 'dream' and he doesn't want to believe that it was him, but he knows.

I agree, Freerider. Also, i think it states clearly in the books that Stannis knows what Melisandre does, and also knew about the shadow that killed Renly, since it was him. He mentions something about seeming like a 'dream' and he doesn't want to believe that it was him, but he knows.

He knows now, of course, but only after it happened. He wasn't aware of the consequences when he was sleeping with her.

Archived