[Book Spoilers] Project: Screen-time of Characters

THESE ARE THE SCREEN-TIMES OF CHARACTERS FROM EPISODES 1-8:

I loved this episode.

Stats for this episode:

Average length of a scene - 3:19

Longest scene - Robb in tent (7:42), followed by Cersei and Tyrion fighting (6:04)

Most screen-time overall - Tyrion Lannister (15:16), followed by Robb Stark (11:54)

Tyrion Lannister - 67:41

Arya Stark - 56:34

Jon Snow - 43:13

Theon Greyjoy - 42:35

Daenerys Targaryen - 40:02

Cersei Lannister - 35:29

Catelyn Stark - 34:11

Robb Stark - 32:09

Varys - 29:08

Davos Seaworth - 28:27

Petyr Baelish/Littlefinger - 28:25

Brienne Tarth - 27:08

Sansa Stark - 24:21

Stannis Baratheon - 23:06

Gendry - 21:59

Joffrey Baratheon - 21:10

Renly Baratheon - 20:43

Tywin Lannister - 20:19

Bran Stark - 20:12

Xaro Xhoan Daxos - 19:53

Melisandre - 18:32

Jaime Lannister - 17:51

Samwell Tarly - 16:16

Sandor Clegane/The Hound - 12:43

Ros - 12:23

Asha/Yara Greyjoy - 12:02

Shae - 11:40

Margaery Tyrell - 11:37

Loras Tyrell - 9:31

Grand Maester Pycelle - 8:17

Balon Greyjoy - 7:34

Roose Bolton - 6:08

Thanks for taking the time to do this hk47, we all appreciate it.

It still seems wrong that Roose has gotten so little screen time. Also would a screen time for Talisa be possible?

It still seems wrong that Roose has gotten so little screen time.

Robb's scenes (few as they are) seem to be generally split between interacting with Roose and interacting with Talisa, with the odd deviation into seeing his mother, Jaime, and Theon.

It makes sense, given the time constraints, but I feel they've wasted Roose a bit in S2. He's been very subtly set up as the most formidable commander at Robb's disposal (he's mountains more intelligent/cultured/well-spoken/ruthless than Robb's other northern comrades), but I'm not sure if it's been obvious enough yet. Conversely, Book!Roose is set up as a morally questionable badass from the moment he usurps Harrenhal and feeds the guy who butchered Yoren (and Princess Rhaenys) to a bear. While sipping wine.

I wonder if we'll see more of Roose in episode ten. He's a pet favourite of mine, and I actually love how Michael McElhatton portrays him. Easily one of my favourites on the show, too.

I wish Sansa would get less screen time. Sansa's scenes are basically just talk, talk, and more talking.

Most scenes are just talk. I wish Sansa had more screen time. :(

Thanks again. This is great.

I'm for more Sansa and the Hound/Ser Dantos. I'm sure we'll see some this week. But wish there had been more at the expense of LF and Robb. More Cat too would have been nice.

This thread is awesome, thanks a lot for devoting time to it.

Anyway, Dany has had way too much screen time. The only interesting chapters she has in the book (the last two: HotU and then Belwas and Barristan arriving) haven't even been shown yet. They needed more Stannis to flesh out his character (like the scene in the last episode). I guess we'll have him around for a long time so they'll flesh him out more in the coming seasons. Sansa should have gotten more too. Sophie Turner has been killing it as Sansa, not too mention she's absolutely beautiful.

hk47..you truly rock! Week in and week out you do this, I and so many others greatly appreciate it. You are the best! :)

I second Jaime, Roose needs more screentime!! He is amazing and I wish he had some more significant scenes other than him being there before Talisa shows up. Unless somehow this is a setup to something?

He is definitely one of my favorite characters and would love to see more of him.

Man, Robb jumped up high this week..as expected by that ridiculously long tent scene with him! I don't like him having more time than Sansa or Bran..but to each their own with that one.

I love Sansa personally, and I think Sophie Turner is really doing a great job with her character. She is growing into the role very well and is a very beautiful young actress.

Once again,thanks hk47..I wonder how much time Tyrion will have after Sunday!

Archived