New LC?

I don't have my FFC at the moment , but I seem to remember that Jamie said the choice of taking the black was to be offered to other Riverrun men (those lower in the ranks ) as well. If so, that could be a handy little company of men.

I read that chapter recently and I just finished AFFC again and there's no mention of other people at Riverrun taking the black. Some might still follow them though...

There is sure going to be war at Wall. The thing is, who will join in...

Bowen and the plotters just got them a shortcut to death.

The wildlings will fight.

Wun Wun will fight.

The NW will be divided,,,

The Queens guard will fight? I don't know. They

will propably protect the queen and Mel.

It would be a good timing for the Others appear.

Bran, Bloodraven and the ravens are likely to get involved to... and the guys who left Riverrun to...

How could there not be an immediate battle with the wildlings? What a stupid move Bowen Marsh and his crew made? Let's kill this guy dishonorably in front of everybody when he has all his riled-up wildling friends with him, who totally out number us. And a lot of the younger NW are going to fight against us too, but to hell with it, let's do fast and stupid. So yeah, those guys basically started immediate civil war at the Wall, in all probability getting themselves killed.

Didn't they sort of have to? Jon was announcing his intention to leave the Night's Watch. The penalty for that is death. Bowen clearly didn't want to, but felt obligated to.

Didn't they sort of have to? Jon was announcing his intention to leave the Night's Watch. The penalty for that is death. Bowen clearly didn't want to, but felt obligated to.

He announced his intention to defend himself and the institution he served from somebody who threatened to attack if he didn't meet their demands. He did not announce any intention to leave the Night's Watch. What did he really intend? We don't know, because there's two missing hours prior to him giving his speech in which he conferred with Tormund.

Yeah, in the end Jon is Lord Commander, rightfully elected to make the best decisions for the Wall that he can. Marsh may not agree with it, but he has to suck it up and obey his LC, the same way that Jon obeyed at Crasters when he found out about the baby sacrifices. "Hey I really don't agree with this one , but your the LC." Thats their way. LC is pretty much a dictator who is elected for life, right? There's no impeachment or whatever.

The Wall stands as long as the men of the Night's Watch remain true, Old Nan says. So because of Marsh the NW are no longer true.

So there is a battle for the Wall... again. Ugly battle, many deaths. Many corpses rise as wights at the Wall... Wights and Others move South of the Wall through the realm... A wounded Jon in command of a NW who have no Wall anymore and are mostly unsworn wildlings. Jon, last Commander of a doomed broken NW...?

i've no idea who the 999th lc is gonna be

but i'm 100% sure the 1000th will be Stannis Baratheon

you've heard it here first (or maybe not)

he's perfect for the role, and if his life is duty, his place is at the wall

He announced his intention to defend himself and the institution he served from somebody who threatened to attack if he didn't meet their demands. He did not announce any intention to leave the Night's Watch. What did he really intend? We don't know, because there's two missing hours prior to him giving his speech in which he conferred with Tormund.

Well, there's also the fact that he read off a letter making it pretty clear that Mance had not, in fact, been executed. Given that Jon was already under suspicion of having defected to the Wildlings, that admission seems pretty damning, especially coupled with his announced intention to ride off South with a bunch of Wildlings.

Archived