[Book Spoilers] Sansa and Tyrion

Pellaeon

Tyrion comes off as much a conventional hero in a conventional fantasy story, an oldball who rises to the occasion. You never really feel like he's in danger during the Battle of Blackwater. He isn't made to suffer like the Starks are. He gets a scar that makes him look more handsome instead of losing his nose. Suddenly Marg is prez of his fan club, which is a tall tale sign of gary stuing, random characters advocating for him as an object of desire. And I'm sorry, but he has no idea what real suffering is. Sansa not desiring him and his daddy being mean is not equivalent to what the Starks have been through. It never will be. He is over privileged and spoiled in many ways. I hate that the show is having him steal and rephrase "The North Remembers" line. "The North shale never forget." Fuck off. You have a lot of nerve thinking you can speak for the North and how it feels. The shows choices make me dislike Tyrion. It does at least warm my heart he'll never get a reaction like Robb and Cat did in this episode because the audience love the Starks, they love them in a way they'll never love him. He's has too much plot armor for any book reader to think of filming 'live reactions' to what, the Red Viper losing his showdown? That's moment isn't going to 'break the internet' like the Red Wedding did.

I will laugh with Jaime shows up and becomes a horrible person again, not keeping to his vow, I will laugh with Sansa leaves her 'husband' in the dust. I'd take my chances with Littlefinger as well.

Archived