Is Darkstar an anagram?

houseHB

Didn't GRRM actually admit Darkstar was an attempt to recreate Oberyn Martell and a failure at that? I really hope he isn't just discarded though, I find him hilarious - the hate he generates among the fandom alone is hilarious.

Really? Because it was an epic fail! Oberyn is sexy and badass and wonderful and good all rolled together - and he died far too bloody soon. Darkstar is some nuisance randomer who turns up, mutilates my favourite next-gen character, then buggers off again.

Well, I have considered the idea that he is the son of Ashara and Brandon Stark. I think that single black streak in his hair is significant. I just really wish we knew his age, it would make it so much easier to narrow down whose child he is <_<

Ashara had also dark hair so from whom DS inherited the silver hair?

I always assumed that he was probably too old to be Ashara and Brandon's. Arianne is 23, and she seems to view him as a contemporary/peer. I'd say he's probably 20 at the youngest.

If I remember correctly Martin said once that any male in his world is considered a "grown man" since he reaches the age of 16. Even Bran thinks himslef as almost a man and not a child, so DK could be of any age between 16-30 perhaps. But imo you are right, he is around Arriane's age since the rest of her party are too, maybe a couple of years older or younger.

Ashara had also dark hair so from whom DS inherited the silver hair?

Arthur Dayne had silver hair, and Ned Dayne has purple eyes, so that type of coloring runs in the Dayne family. But I made that post months ago, I have since given up on the idea that he is Ashara's son. What Apple Martini said about him probably being too old convinced me it wasn't possible.

During your next re-read imagine everything Darkstar says in a Bane voice. He instantly becomes awesome

That is true of anyone. Imagine Sansa speaking in a Bane voice: "You, Ser, are no true knight."

If you want the correct interpretation of Dorkstar, imagine everything he says in an Edward Cullen voice.

"You know what man?" Robb said and Roose shook his head, coughing. His pale eyes were suddenly so red like a wine the Freys might serve. "That Westerling girl, Jeyne, I think I should hit on her." Roose looked over to his liege lord and answered "Dude, you already promised to marry one of Walder's girls" "I know I know I know" Robb said, "But, you know, I think..., I think I might love her." Bolton laughed and coughed at that statement, but said only; "That's really deep, dude mylord. Surely nothing bad could come from pursuing your loved ones and forgetting your vows to the Freys, right?"

Funniest post I have seen since I got here. Thank you dude. :cool4:

Archived