Are Sansa and Arriane the only PoV's who haven't killed someone?

Bastard Walder

She had an opportunity to push Joff down onto the dry moat with all the spikes. But she let it pass. Although it probably would've cost her her own life.

She got stopped, she didn't let it pass. Unless you think she should have wrestled the Hound and won? Certainly an interesting plot development, but hardly likely.

You missed the clear hints that Sansa warged into Cersei, you need to read more carefully.

I thought Cersei's lady bits-a.k.a. The Vortex of Doom-were powerful enough to keep warging at bay and that's why Sansa's so much less skilled at it?

She had an opportunity to push Joff down onto the dry moat with all the spikes. But she let it pass. Although it probably would've cost her her own life.

Sansa is directly responsible for Lady's death.

This is all true, and many other reasons that are all too frequently ignored are the reason that Sansa is the worst person in Westeros.

...Time for someone to link the Sansa, worst person in Wesetros thread again.

your wish is my command ;)

Arianne and Sansa, I suppose people have died on account of them and through them, Doran Martell could be added to them as a non-direct killer, I'm not sure if the Blackfish has been seen killing anybody either.

Why does something need justification? That said, the two most common reasons to kill someone:

1. In battle - exterminating your enemy.

2. Whenever you have something to gain.

Both are perfectly justifiable. Especially when you consider that there is no justice system in Westeros, really. Most of the time you can get away with killing people easily.

I would argue there absolutely is a justice system in westeros. is it harsh? yes. is it disfunctional? absolutely but at times not much worse than ours today

Should the distiction between murder and killing have been made at some point?

Killing = Self defense, on the battle field, orders, etc...

Murder = Knife in the back, for shits in giggles, "because woman are weak"? That sort of thing.

I wouldn't say that people like Barristan the Bold has ever murdered someone. He's killed a shit ton of men probably, but never murdered. Same for Ned I'd believe.

I don't think many people in ASOIAF fit the murderer title, but several of them have a lot of kills under their belt.

Unrelated: Why are Sansa fans the strongest and hardest offended about anything? Some people have opinions. It's no big deal if they don't like your favorite character, chill out. :cool4:

Some people have opinions.
That happen to disregard logic and textual evidence, on top of denoting basic misogyny and more general offensiveness.

It's no big deal if they don't like your favorite character, chill out.
You don't want being contradicted on a public forum? Don't post.

I've always wondered: Did anybody else read the first three books before coming on this forum only to be massively surprised that Catelyn was a much hated figure?

I'd never had any friends who read the series before me, so this forum was my first contact with other readers, and out of all the surprises I had about how others felt about the books, nothing ever really came close to finding out that a good portion of readers despised Catelyn.

That happen to disregard logic and textual evidence, on top of denoting basic misogyny and more general offensiveness.

Saying that Sansa's conversation with Cersei did not, in any way, affect Cersei's decision to move quickly in her capture of the Starks, is the illogical statement. No one has said that Sansa knew what she was doing or what the consequences would be.

You seem to not understand what the word "misogyny" means if you think that that is an example of it. If you think that a statement of how Sansa's misplaced trust in Cersei and Joffrey was a partial cause of her father's death is equivalent to a hatred of women, you need to... not use the word "misogyny."

I've always wondered: Did anybody else read the first three books before coming on this forum only to be massively surprised that Catelyn was a much hated figure?

I'd never had any friends who read the series before me, so this forum was my first contact with other readers, and out of all the surprises I had about how others felt about the books, nothing ever really came close to finding out that a good portion of readers despised Catelyn.

I was shocked at the amount of flak Cat, Dany and Sansa catch on these forums.

Saying that Sansa's conversation with Cersei did not, in any way, affect Cersei's decision to move quickly in her capture of the Starks, is the illogical statement. No one has said that Sansa knew what she was doing or what the consequences would be.

You seem to not understand what the word "misogyny" means if you think that that is an example of it. If you think that a statement of how Sansa's misplaced trust in Cersei and Joffrey was a partial cause of her father's death is equivalent to a hatred of women, you need to... not use the word "misogyny."

Cersei would have acted anyway, thanks to Ned warning her several days in advance.

Archived