Theon's fate

alienarea

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe Bloodraven will be the rising dragon and he has pulled a fast one on Bran so he can escape his rooty prison.

Hmmmmmm. I like this theory - sort of like the imprisoned genii who is bound to its bottle until it can dupe another to take its place. Doubt it'll go this way, but would be a clever little twist.

Theon needs to finish his redemption arc, imho. Theon is such a complex and fascinating character, but many people still disregard him. He needs to do something to redeem himself in all eyes. I think saving Bran or Rickon would be a nice redemption, almost poetic, and i'm sure something along these lines with happen.

Who the hell knows what'll happen to him, though. He could end up as King of the Bloody Seven Kingdoms.

Funny story, actually. My social teach is obsessed with Asoiaf, and we were talking about characters and the like. He said he didn't like Theon, hated him, and I stalked him all lunch telling him why Theon was such a complex and awesome character.

I got a A in that class...

Hmmmmmm. I like this theory - sort of like the imprisoned genii who is bound to its bottle until it can dupe another to take its place. Doubt it'll go this way, but would be a clever little twist.

:agree:

Adding my two cents worth:

This is one of my fears, or something similar. [Although lots of posters have been reassuring on similar threads about Bran's fate and BR's good intentions When Elphaba in the musical Wicked finally meets her Wizard of Oz, he ends up to be corrupt; Wicked Spoiler following: Oz has her read ancient spells from the Grimmerie that only her exceptional talents allow, like Bran. She has no clue she is casting a spell on the monkeys - they grow wings, and they scream and cry. Elphaba is betrayed by the wizard and heart-broken over the monkeys, especially because she was unwittingly responsible. So she gets her broomstick and flies high, "Defying Gravity", like Bran flies in the ravens. Also, Bran was off to see the wizard! :idea:

Kiss'd by fire wrote a wonderful, well supported post on the possibility of Bran warging Theon, who will be a willing vessel, unlike Hodor. I'm not sure if it was a thread or just a post in response - it made me think. Even though I hope characters don't get too warg happy what with the faceless men, the disguises, and the undead - I need to keep a chart. :dunno:

Theon's arc might parallel Aeron Damphair's. Remember that Theon was a joker before his torture at the hands of Ramsay Bolton, just like Aeron Damphair before he sunk. It is quite possible that he 'rises again, harder and stronger', and notably less jester-y.

I refuse to believe that the weirwoods or the old gods require blood sacrifice.That may be wishful thinking on my part.I really don't want it to be true.

Could Bran/Bloodraven be setting up a massive raven attack,similar to the one where Coldhands rescued Sam and Gilly?

Aeron would still annihalate theon if they fought. So I don't think he will rise harder and stronger. All we see is he has risen weaker and crazier.

LoL whats that based on? Aeron's a priest, Theon's a young fit man (talking pre-Ramsay and in the case where he gets healthier and physically back in shape after the hypothetical "rising') who has fought in battles before. Aeron does not fight.

LoL whats that based on? Aeron's a priest, Theon's a young fit man (talking pre-Ramsay and in the case where he gets healthier and physically back in shape after the hypothetical "rising') who has fought in battles before. Aeron does not fight.

The gist of aeron's POV the drowned god's priests are warriors they arm themselves. And he is high born at that and would of grown up tough as other ironborn if not tougher by being greyjoy. Now I think his experience and being a younger greyjoy makes him young and fit enough to still kick theon's ass. Granted he is no victarion. Theon was still very immature. And now he is just pathetic. I believe he has a shot at redemption I myself would love him wearing black. But I don't see a second rising of strength and him being a warrior. At least not much of one. He's quite maimed psychologically and physically...I like the new theon way more than the old one.

Theon's arc might parallel Aeron Damphair's. Remember that Theon was a joker before his torture at the hands of Ramsay Bolton, just like Aeron Damphair before he sunk. It is quite possible that he 'rises again, harder and stronger', and notably less jester-y.

I think it's very possible that he rises again harder and stronger, to give even more meaning to the Drowned God's words.

By the way, I LOVE your signature!!

I think theon's purpose is to render the king's moot null, and then may he will die by crowning his sister as ruler of iron born.

I agree with this and potentially add that Theon and Asha's purpose may be to deliver the Ironborn to Stannis, whose fleet was destroyed on the Blackwater. I think the two of them, now humbled, may overturn the kingsmoot to uncrown themselves and do as their Uncle Rodrik (the one member of the Ironborn who is not utterly retarded) originally said to Asha and align with an existing king.

Who knows. Maybe even The Kraken's Tentacle (you know what I mean) will rise, harder and stronger. It is heavily implied that Ramsay castrated Theon, but surely this can be rectified. I mean... it's right there: HARDER AND STRONGER! It's gotta have something to do with Theon's penis.

I think it's very possible that he rises again harder and stronger, to give even more meaning to the Drowned God's words.By the way, I LOVE your signature!!
Aeron = Cthulhu. This is patently obvious.

Who knows. Maybe even The Kraken's Tentacle (you know what I mean) will rise, harder and stronger. It is heavily implied that Ramsay castrated Theon, but surely this can be rectified. I mean... it's right there: HARDER AND STRONGER! It's gotta have something to do with Theon's penis.

Aeron = Cthulhu. This is patently obvious.

Iä! Iä! Aeron fhtagn!

Though I think of the Drowned God as a Westerosi version of Cthulhu, I like the idea of him being Aeron. I love Aeron.

Every time I quote the DG's words, my non-ASoIaF friends think I'm talking about sex for some reason :lol:

There was a thread, not long ago, in which we discussed the possibilities for Theon's little kraken being still alive, if you wanna check it out. There is evidence for both sides... (It's the second time I reccomend that thread xD)

Archived