How would you rate episode 209?

Ran

How would you rate episode 209?  

783 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you write the show. Changes? Yes. Characters remaining within the paradigm of what the showrunners have defined (Cersei and Sandor, most notably)? Yep. But it all actually clicks together.

My biggest beefs: I wish they didn't have to Hollywoodize Stannis and have him swinging his sword in the forefront, but okay, you want to give him an action moment, I guess. And I wish someone had been shouting, "Renly!" and you'd see the guys in Renly's kit still throwing down their swords or turning on their own.

But... uh. Those complaints, they are minor.

I have chills, and it's not just from my A/C. 10.

Only complaints are that the end felt a little rushed, Tyrion's injury scene just felt awkward, and I agree that someone(s) shouting "Renly" would have been nice.

But having Cersei with Tommen on the Iron Throne was an inspired scene, and the writing was absolutely superb throughout. Wonderful, wonderful television.

I don't know where they found this hack of a writer, but he RUINED it... The guy they got must have known NOTHING of Westeros..Just kidding... That was absolutely brilliant. Perfect television. I gave it a 10

I had visions of huge fan hate mail being directed at D & D after the episode because of no chain, not enough ship, Stannis leading from the front, etc.

"Whoever wrote this episode, clearly has never read George RR Martin!!"

Next scene has Benioff on the phone, "And another thing, Martin, I'm stopping payment on the check! Fuck me? Read my lips, FUCK YOU!" *

*Shamelessly ripped off from Back to School