How would you rate episode 209?

Ran

How would you rate episode 209?  

783 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Wow!!!! A 10!!!! A sit on the edge of your seat episode!!

I loved the changes the writers made. It made the episode flow very well. the wildfire looked awesome on the screen.

I also loved how the camera shot The Hound through the heat waves of the candle.

Great foreshadowing for episode three!

Unsure of this episode. I need to watch it again.

When I read the book, I envisioned more fire, shore to shore, even fire creeping up the wall. I was hoping for heat to come through my television...

Stannis as the first one up the ladder? Not buying it.

Tyrion attacking Stannis' troops started out reeking of awesomeness, but I hope you didn't blink your eyes. In two seconds they were out the gate and the turtle was flipped and on fire. Poor editing, poor engineering.

Same impressions. But still was an awesome episode, The Hound singing in the credits... genius, gave me goosebumps.

Unsure of this episode. I need to watch it again.

When I read the book, I envisioned more fire, shore to shore, even fire creeping up the wall. I was hoping for heat to come through my television...

Stannis as the first one up the ladder? Not buying it.

Tyrion attacking Stannis' troops started out reeking of awesomeness, but I hope you didn't blink your eyes. In two seconds they were out the gate and the turtle was flipped and on fire. Poor editing, poor engineering.

The Hound was awesome. I'm curious if Sansa will go with him and doppelgang Arya's story?

Davos shitting his pants once he realized what was going on was effen perfect.

As usual, Varys is worth his weight in gold.

That is all for now.

I felt exactly the same way about Stannis going first up the ladder with no protection. The reason kings and generals didn't lead their armies from the front, historically, is because it generally turned out disastrously. For every Leonidas who dies heroically, there's a Brasidas who dies fighting over a stupid city like Amphipolis.

But I think part of that is not really knowing WTF he was doing. Maybe I missed something. Did that battlement lead directly to the holdfast or was there some other directly strategic value there?

The wildfire is where I disagree with you. That one bright blooming flower of green, with thousands of splinters spraying in every direction, was fantastic. I loved the reaction shot of the Hound, Tyrion and Joffrey with their faces bathed in green light. If GoT was gonna shortchange us on wildfire, that one scene was worth it.

I'm also wondering if the show takes another detour and Davos is dead. The way it all happened, I would not be surprised.

10/10. SanSan was a bit disappointing. Cersei was fucking AMAZING!

10/10. SanSan was a bit disappointing. Cersei was fucking AMAZING!

I liked the San/San and would happily have tossed the whole book over the side for her to go with him.

Cersei makes a great moody drunk.

Marie

Good god was that fun. I'm so amped I want to start swinging a sword and storming a castle! Minor thing, I think some scenes (The Cersie once, mainly) needed a bit of music in the background (yeah, I notice that stuff), but that was spot-on. The tone was right, the tension was right and Bronn was hysterical as always.

Ten out of ten for me.

Great acting by all, but Rory McCann in particular was absolutely spot on. The Hound went from an absolute terror (I counted two men cleaved in half) to absolutely terrified in a way that was very believable. I like the palpable tension between him and Bronn before the battle.

I've seen plenty of epic battle scenes in plenty of films by now. What separates the great ones (Braveheart, LOTR, Saving Private Ryan) from the mediocre ones (Kingdom of Heaven, Troy) are the ramifications, the emotional investment that the viewer has in the outcome. The scenes involving soldiers from both sides leading up to the battle, the dialogue on the battlements between Joffrey, Tyrion, Lancel, and the Hound, the silent fear of the women and children confined below, away from the fighting, Cersei's description of the inevitable rape/murder that the women would face if Stannis were to breach the gates, all of this made me care about The Battle of the Blackwater.

A tip of the hat to everybody involved in this episode. Fantastic hour of television.

Sansa: I'll pray for your safety

Tyrion: You will?

Sansa: Just as I do for Joffrey...

OUCH!

Loved the episode, obviously some small deviations but very well done.

Having watched the Sandor Sansa scene, I don't get why she would choose not to go with a him when he is not drunk, scary, and offers to take her home...

But that's minor I guess.

I really want to hear all of the Rains of Castamere at one time now!

11/10. pure perfection!

Having watched the Sandor Sansa scene, I don't get why she would choose not to go with a him when he is not drunk, scary, and offers to take her home...

But that's minor I guess.

not minor at all. sansa not taking sandor up on his offer made sense in the books because she'd already been talking to dontos about escape. while i'm no purist, not having him in the picture at this time does make her refusal, well, confusing. is she showing loyalty to joffrey? or just frightened of the unknown? or frightened of leaving with sandor regardless of whether she thinks he'll hurt her or not.

either way, san san fans will be crying themselves to sleep tonight.

Ten out of ten for me.

Great acting by all, but Rory McCann in particular was absolutely spot on. The Hound went from an absolute terror (I counted two men cleaved in half) to absolutely terrified in a way that was very believable. I like the palpable tension between him and Bronn before the battle.

I've seen plenty of epic battle scenes in plenty of films by now. What separates the great ones (Braveheart, LOTR, Saving Private Ryan) from the mediocre ones (Kingdom of Heaven, Troy) are the ramifications, the emotional investment that the viewer has in the outcome.

A tip of the hat to everybody involved in this episode. Fantastic hour of television.

As soon as they showed the guy puking I thought "Saving Private Ryan" and again when the landing craft started for shore. And when the soldiers who landed headed for the castle dogding flaming arrows. And all the rest of the time.

Yes, lets reset the poll and add 11. :P People have been way to lineant on giving 9s and 10s in previous episodes

• Nigel Tufnel: ...You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
  • Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
  • Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
  • Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

<3

The Rains of Castamere was awesome and even moreso in the credits.

Tyrion alluding to a wedding being the worst thing in life. Terrific.

Varys talking about being cut and the dark arts. Nice touch.

Everyone was pitch perfect- Tyrion, Cersei, Bronn, Sandor, Sansa, Stannis, Davos and no BS in the other parts of Westeros and Essos despite the credits map.

Totally blown away.