How would you rate episode 209?

Ran

How would you rate episode 209?  

783 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Tyrion alluding to a wedding being the worst thing in life. Terrific.

Varys talking about being cut and the dark arts. Nice touch.

there was tons of foreshadowing in tonight's episode! tommen (and cersei) on the throne. the interaction between tyrion and sansa. and i think two different people told sansa "if you marry joffrey."

Good episode, But, I just do not see how everyone is rating it so high. The battle of Blackwater wasn't anything like the book and was dumbed down and cheesy. I love the show, But the battle was terrible. With CGI nowadays, no excuse for not following the book more closely. I think it looked like a B movie battle actually. Dark and cheaply made. My opinion.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you write the show. Changes? Yes. Characters remaining within the paradigm of what the showrunners have defined (Cersei and Sandor, most notably)? Yep. But it all actually clicks together.

My biggest beefs: I wish they didn't have to Hollywoodize Stannis and have him swinging his sword in the forefront, but okay, you want to give him an action moment, I guess. And I wish someone had been shouting, "Renly!" and you'd see the guys in Renly's kit still throwing down their swords or turning on their own.

But... uh. Those complaints, they are minor.

I actually agree with a complaint from Ran for once :eek:

I'm a little surprised Martin chose to have Stannis in the front of the battle--he always seemed more like a lead from behind where the leader can actually be of use kind of guy. Robert is the Baratheon who'd storm the walls personally, not Stannis.

Good episode, But, I just do not see how everyone is rating it so high. The battle of Blackwater wasn't anything like the book and was dumbed down and cheesy. I love the show, But the battle was terrible. With CGI nowadays, no excuse for not following the book more closely. I think it looked like a B movie battle actually. Dark and cheaply made. My opinion.

Can't believe this has to constantly be repeated. BUDGET RESTRAINTS!!

Contrary to your belief, CGI cost money, good CGI cost a lost of money. David and Dan had to beg and plead with HBO for extra money to film what they did film, would the chain have been cool to see, yea, but it didn't matter, the result was the same. The battle was far from dumb and cheesy and far from me "cheaply made". Nothing about this show is cheaply made

I smiled and sung along . ... that was AWESOME . .in other words GRRM came out of the closet as the Lannister Lover we all knew him to be . . DON'T MESS WITH THE LANNISTERS . . now it is apparent to EVERYONE that the Starks are doomed . . .

Gosh, I hope not. If he loves the Lannisters and the Starks are doomed, I will be heartbroken when all is said and done.

I gave the episode a 9 -- just because too much Cersei was there. She talks too much.

That wildfire scene was great!

If I remember correctly Tyrion was injured fighting on a half sunken galley. Killed his horse, ended up on a the ship, bodies coming in from the river. There was a wall of fire he looked into...etc..etc I just can't see how anyone who read the book thinking it was done even 5% of of the quality of what was in the book. I realize there are budget contraints, but I just do not understand all the accolades.

Can't believe this has to constantly be repeated. BUDGET RESTRAINTS!!

Contrary to your belief, CGI cost money, good CGI cost a lost of money. David and Dan had to beg and plead with HBO for extra money to film what they did film, would the chain have been cool to see, yea, but it didn't matter, the result was the same. The battle was far from dumb and cheesy and far from me "cheaply made". Nothing about this show is cheaply made

Great points. I think some truly believed Stannis would have 20,000 extras with him along with 200 ships. Some people will never be satisfied!

If I remember correctly Tyrion was injured fighting on a half sunken galley. Killed his horse, ended up on a the ship, bodies coming in from the river. There was a wall of fire he looked into...etc..etc I just can't see how anyone who read the book thinking it was done even 5% of of the quality of what was in the book. I realize there are budget contraints, but I just do not understand all the accolades.

If you're doing what I think you're doing, I love it.

The absolute best episode of the 19 we have so far! No one can write this world like Martin. Cersei was perfection in this episode, I wish we saw her like that more often. Fearless and unhinged yet willing to do the necessary evils to protect her son. The Hound was perfect. I was never a fan of him in the books, but he was good in this episode. Tyrion was fantastic. Funny and bold and everything he needed to be. And that last scene where Loras storms into the room followed by Tywin literally gave me chills.

I'm a little surprised Martin chose to have Stannis in the front of the battle--he always seemed more like a lead from behind where the leader can actually be of use kind of guy. Robert is the Baratheon who'd storm the walls personally, not Stannis.

This. Perhaps not his choice, though?

there was tons of foreshadowing in tonight's episode! tommen (and cersei) on the throne. the interaction between tyrion and sansa. and i think two different people told sansa "if you marry joffrey."

Loved this!! Varys speaking (apparently truthfully and with feeling) to Tyrion concerning the rise of magic, things he's seen/heard outside of Westeros. Makes me wonder what else is in store for everyone's favorite Halfman. The poison in Cersei's hand: "I know what it will do!" Tyrion: "You can't f*ck your way out of everything." Shea: "It has worked so far."

So many great moments from the book: Shea's "Lion." Sansa's realization that the Hound is no one to fear despite his looks. The Hound's fear on the strand. Joffrey's face watching the wildfire. The inexplicable actions of a Kingsguard Knight slashing Tyrion's face and Pod's courage. "The Rains of Castamere" at the end. It was like a love song to readers from GRRM. Thank you, Mr. Martin!