Rains of Castamere

Mixta

I cried both times the song appeared - in moments like this I actually root for the Lannisters. Seriously, when it is sung again at that memorable moment that will probably happen in season 3 it'll be Team Lannister FTW! You can't even get angry at them with such a song...

I'm still not very fond of The National version. But I absolutely loved Bronn & Co singing, it sounded amazing. :wub:

They should get Jerome Flynn to do a solo cover. Or maybe he can find his old partner Robson Green and duet it together.

They should get Jerome Flynn to do a solo cover. Or maybe he can find his old partner Robson Green and duet it together.

I think I wouldn't like the solo as much as the version used in the episode. Loved how the soldiers sounded as a choir with Bronn on top. :cheers:

i had such mixed feelings when the song played with credits - nerdgasm, goosebumps and getting emotional because, you know. i usually don't like it when they bring songs from books to screen but this was amazing.

This.

I think I'll be crying when they start singing this at a certain wedding...

I hate to say it, but I almost cried when I heard it.

And that's also because two of my favorite characters "lost", Stannis lost the battle and Tyrion lost... well you know.

I loved it.

Loved the Bronn version. Positively hated the version during the credits. Not even Thoros could bring the "artist" back to life.

I agree, Bronn & Co.'s rendition was great, but I really wasn't feeling the end credits at all. Sure his voice is good, but the American accent sounded really bad in this context.

Archived