[Book Spoilers] Pod!

Sambo

I literally yelled that when he had his moment.

Could anyone tell who the kingsguard member was? Was it Mandon Moore ala the book or did they change it to Meryn Trant as some have speculated?

I imagine we'll find out next week but, well, I'd like to know now.

Could anyone tell who the kingsguard member was? Was it Mandon Moore ala the book or did they change it to Meryn Trant as some have speculated?

I yelled out too! A stand up and cheer moment!

I'm pretty sure it was Mandon Moore. Meryn is a little bit smaller.

I was very excited for Pod's rescuing of Tyrion. It was a wonderful moment and fit nicely with the earlier conversation between Tyrion and Varys.

Varys: Do you trust him.

Tyrion: Oddly I do.

Podrick is so adorable, yet him cutting down Mandon was pretty cool. I can't wait for him to have some lines.

I was yelling that pretty much every time he came on screen ;)

Pod is great :D

It was probably hard to intoduce Pod in any kind of expositional way, which is pretty important, maybe why he didn't get any screen time. Having a scene where Tyrion and Pod just talk to character build would be kind of hard to justify, but maybe they could have squeezed him into a Bronn or Varys scene. I also got a little sense that he might have had more to do in the scenes he was in (Janos, Cersei), but that they got edited out. I sort of remember reading an interview with him where he indicated he had a scen or two wtith Tyrion where they did have interaction. It would have been nice to have a little more but I think they gave just enough time that it wasn't too badly pulled off. Who knows maybe a scene in the last episode.

When POD speaks, the world listens. Or, more accurately, do not fuck with Pod. You will get fucked up. Just don't.

I went back and forth over the show's treatment of Pod up to this point, but hindsight is 20/20, and I think I enjoy the fact that he didn't utter his first line until Sunday...he is the quintessential sleeping giant. Of course, now I want him in all of his awkward stuttering glory going forward. He's one of my favorite characters in the novels, and I'm so looking forward to him being more of a fixture in the King's Landing scenes.

I don't think it was ever mentioned to the audience of the relationship in season one of the family name of Ser Rodrik and Jory as both being Cassels.

So do you think the family name of Podrick will ever be mentioned to relate him to Ser Ilyn as both being Payne's?

Back on topic, Podrick was great :)

Pod cracks my list of top secondary characters. His bit with Brienne, later on, is fantastic. Hopefully they give him a bit more to do next season- I think they ought to be able to work him in as the loyal squire he is; which will contrast nicely with the way Bronn and Shae react to Tyrion's being brought low after the Purple Wedding.

Archived