[Book Spoilers] Some Lancel love

HouseLark

I haven't seen any mention of Lancel in all the discussion of Blackwater and I really think he deserves a no since we know that he'll be involved in future. So far he's been a simpering idiot but we saw real development in his character in Blackwater and I think it was important because it provided a marked contrast with Joffrey. I think most of viewers will have bracketed Joffrey and Lancel together as weak hearted individuals and certainly war brought forth the coward in Joffrey. But the way in which Lancel found his courage made Joffrey's cowardice all the more stark.

Once again, Lancel bore out Ned's dictum that a person can only be brave when they are scared. Great work by Eugene Simon.

No, she punches him where he'd already been injured. In the TV series he gets hit by an arrow before he goes to speak to her and she punches him there to make it hurt more. In the books Sansa calls for servants to take care of him and helps him to his feet, too.

I agree that Lancel was really good in this chapter, and that it sets the stage for his split with the rest of the Lannister family and his fervent religiousness. Poor thing. He seemed rather inept at fighting, but really did his best.

Someone else has said it in the main thread, but I wish that they'd kept him fighting a little longer to show the courage and skill that he demonstrated in the books. Lancel is a true Lannister in terms of warrior skills, but is seduced by Cersei, and that's his undoing.

It was fun to see Lancel as Robert's and Tyrions whipping boy, and a nice change to see him actually be able to stand up in a fight.

Best part though,,,they still don't have him wearing that silly beret hat thing.

I agree that Lancel was really good in this chapter, and that it sets the stage for his split with the rest of the Lannister family and his fervent religiousness. Poor thing. He seemed rather inept at fighting, but really did his best.

yess, can not wait for this

I liked Lancel standing up to Queen of Mean. He had a valid point. Cersei only cared about Joffrey surviving (Maggy the Frog's prophesy) and nothing else. Did she have to realize that if they lost the battle Joffrey, Tommen and her were dead as doornails?

But fear makes us stupid as well as making cowards of us all! Good episode for Lancel! Also, when Joffrey and he walk out and see the horse scared and folks feeling knowing war was at their gates, all Joffrey's bravado that he spoke of to Sansa disappeared. I bet Joffrey needed a bath after that battle.

No, the best part was when Tyrion told him to tell the King that he's very busy, and he complied with a very serious and straight face.

Lancel confirmed for comedy genius.

I've watched the episode 4 times now and LOL'd hard at that bit each time.

I liked lancel a bit more leading up to the episode, i think they did a really good job of fixing him after last season, however in the book wasnt he injured to the point where they were worried he wasnt going to survive? And when jamie visits him after his marriage he looks like a shadow of his former self, because of how weak he looked?

I would have liked to have seen lancel go back out and fight a bit more and maybe get injured again.

Archived