A Thread for Small Questions XVIII

mormont

Is there a list of somewhere of the significant dreams we have seen? I can think of Ned's dream of the Tower of Joy, Jaime's dream that convinced him to go back to Harrenhall as well as the one he had about his mother where he only had one hand, Jojen's various dreams, Bran/Jon/Arya's wolf dreams, and didn't Theon have one? Are there others I am forgetting?

Why was Janos Slynt's sigil such a joke?

The bloody spear is kind of ignoble in several ways: in that his men actually stabbed The Ned's men in the back, that he did not really wield the spear himself to do any deed, and that one of the first times we see it is on an absurdly oversize shield that his sons can barely carry.

It is not just that the coat of arms is a joke, so is his behaviour.

I am currently rereading the series but I'd like to read AFFC and ADWD parallel because I want to keep up with my favourite POV that are missing from AFFC. Has anyone figured out which order the POVs from both books would need to be chronologically?

I am currently rereading the series but I'd like to read AFFC and ADWD parallel because I want to keep up with my favourite POV that are missing from AFFC. Has anyone figured out which order the POVs from both books would need to be chronologically?

Strangely, I just came here to ask a related question which you might want to consider - is it possible to add the Feast character chapters from Dance to the end of Feast without ruining any reveals? So Arya's arc in Feast would end with 'no-one' (a much more satisfying ending if you ask me) and you'd get Cersei and Jaime's complete arcs in one book. Who else do we need to include? I can't remember where the Victarion chapters lye in the books to figure whether it would be possible for his chapters........and are there non-Quentyn Dorne chapters in Dance?

To be honest, I can't really see any reason why he didn't do it this way......other than that Feast was way overdue and needed to be released. It'd be so much neater and cleaner if both books overlapped perfectly, and as far as I remember there's no interaction between the two books characters that prohibit this. I'm probably going to do this on the re-read I'm on now.

But to your question: yes, there are plenty if you search around. There are a few things that need considering (Cersei's recounting of Davos's storyline need to sync with Davos chapters) and a few others that I forget.

Edit: Here you go: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/53478-adwd-spoilers-a-dance-and-feast-for-crows-and-dragons/

Why is Joffrey wedding to Margeary called the purple wedding?

Thanks!

I'm not entirely sure, but I've always thought it was because Sansa's 'poisonous' hairnet was made of amethysts, and amethysts are purple . . .

Maybe I'm wrong, though. :leaving:

I keep wondering, people talk about Shireen being important. So I keep wondering whether or not can she be cured of.....her scar......?

We are told that children can recover from grayscale although it's not mentioned in the books whether the scars can recede. As to whether children can indeed recover from greyscale, both Mel and Val seem to think that it may just lay dormant in Shireen and reactivate later, much like TB.

Is there any significance to Jon being the 998th Lord Commander of the NW? Presumably after the events of aDwD, a 999th Lord Commander is chosen in the interim. I've always thought then, that this leaves it open for Jon to return as the 1000th head of the NW. Is this a common thought here on the forums?

Why is Joffrey wedding to Margeary called the purple wedding?

Thanks!

I'm not entirely sure, but I've always thought it was because Sansa's 'poisonous' hairnet was made of amethysts, and amethysts are purple . . .

Maybe I'm wrong, though. :leaving:

Remember the dream the dwarf woman on high heart had, with a girl with purple snakes coming out of her head? That was Sansa and the "amethysts" from Asshai.

MArie

Archived