A Thread for Small Questions XVIII

mormont

Remember the dream the dwarf woman on high heart had, with a girl with purple snakes coming out of her head? That was Sansa and the "amethysts" from Asshai.

MArie

I always thought it was called that because Joffrey's face turned purple as he chocked. :P

I never really got why Jon went nuts and was going to march to me the letter did not really say anything that made it necessary, he could have stayed at the wall and waited (if there is something i missed)

well it's probably because he still has attachments to Winterfell and the Starks, so he really wanted to make Ramsay pay for what he did. And maybe he is the type who responds to threats with immediate action

well it's probably because he still has attachments to Winterfell and the Starks, so he really wanted to make Ramsay pay for what he did. And maybe he is the type who responds to threats with immediate action

It just seem's a bit of an over reaction. The only really important info was that stannis had lost.... The fact that 'arya' had escaped seems like it would make it less reasonable to march as he would not be rescuing her anymore.

I think it's because Ramsay Snow is undermining the defense of the Wall and realm. He states he has killed Stannis and threatens Jon. The Wall is not defensible from the south. Jon has no choice but to ride out and deal with him. What I don't see is why Jon had any doubts in his mind that confronting Ramsay is NOT Night's Watch business; loose cannons must be secured.

Is there any significance to Jon being the 998th Lord Commander of the NW? Presumably after the events of aDwD, a 999th Lord Commander is chosen in the interim. I've always thought then, that this leaves it open for Jon to return as the 1000th head of the NW. Is this a common thought here on the forums?

Yes. If I can find it, I'll note one of the threads.

I never really got why Jon went nuts and was going to march to me the letter did not really say anything that made it necessary, he could have stayed at the wall and waited (if there is something i missed)

As Jon noted in aGoT, Castle Black is not defensible from the south. It was made that way purposefully. To make sure that the Night's Watch remembers their purpose and to make sure they don't get too ambitious. A constant reminder that their enemy is to the North. Jon knew he couldn't defend Castle Black, so he wanted to march south and meet him.

ETA: should have kept reading, people already answered.

There's something that's on my mind.

List of current important bastards that are alive

1. Myrcella Baratheon

2. Tommen Baratheon

3. Gendry Waters

3. Alayne Stone

Is there as slight possibility that them four will conquer the Iron Throne like Aegon the Conqueror did?

1. Myrcella Baratheon

2. Tommen Baratheon

3. Gendry Waters

3. Alayne Stone

Is there as slight possibility that them four will conquer the Iron Throne like Aegon the Conqueror did?

1. Myrcella Baratheon

2. Tommen Baratheon

3. Gendry Waters

3. Alayne Stone

well tommen is already the king so probably not going to conquer something he already rules....

I've just finished reading the third Dunk and Egg's novella, and I have one small question: the four year old son of Lord Frey, at the feast for the wedding of Lord Ambrose Butterwell, is Walder, that later will become Lord Frey, the Late Lord Frey?

I've just finished reading the third Dunk and Egg's novella, and I have one small question: the four year old son of Lord Frey, at the feast for the wedding of Lord Ambrose Butterwell, is Walder, that later will become Lord Frey, the Late Lord Frey?

Yep that's him.

Anyone kept kept track of how many Freys have met their makers? Must be in the mid double digits.

The Freys who have met the Stranger since the start of the series:

Stevron- Battle of Oxcross

Ryman- hanged by UnCat

Petyr Pimple- hanged by UnCat

Aegon (Jingelbells)- throat slit by Cat

Cleos- dragged by running horse, plowing his face into the ground

Tion- murdered by Lord Rickard Karstark

Aenys- broke neck when he rode into trap set by Crowfood Umber outside gate of Winterfell

Rhaegar- Frey pie

Jared- Frey pie

Tytos- slain by the Hound at the RW

Symond- Frey pie

Merrett- hanged by UnCat

Little Walder- murdered at Winterfell, murderer unknown

Benfrey- died from wound received at RW

That's 14 Freys so far

Yes yes, that is what SHE thought. Actually she thought Jorah had killed it on purpose I thought. However she did not know Jorah was betraying her and at that time he still was, since his last message was from Qarth. The order had come down for her and the baby to die. Varys was not sure it could be reversed. We all know the baby did not come out malformed and dead. I am pretty certain she isnt necessarily barren.

We do???? How ??????

Archived