Red Wedding Tidbit confused

ndchristie

The page appears protected, but on The Red Wedding, it suggests that at GRRM's inspiration, The Black Dinner, that King James II was killed. The truth is that at the time James had no real power or allegiances at the time and, though present, was hardly killed. The feud was between three of his Earls and, it was the 6th earl of Douglas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Douglas,_6th_Earl_of_Douglas that lost his head at 16.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its the board post count thingy(you need to have three post to be able to edit :/) since the page is not protected.

The source of that tidbit is referenced bellow, you can see Here grrm answer about his influence.

• 10 months later...

I made a change to the Red Weddings influences section. The section was stating that King James II was beheaded at the Black Dinner when it was actualy chiefs of Clan Douglas that lost thier heads at the dinner. King James II of Scotland lived for another twenty odd years.

I'm new to the wiki game and plan to stay to the minor things for a bit but this one was going to bother me.

Archived