London party

Ser Sean

Both the Tate and the Tate Modern are excellent. The TM is close to where we're staying and the walk along the riverfront is really nice round there.

Borough Markets are worth a look too.

I quite like the idea of the Tower though, still haven't done that.

Sean/Barry: are queues for the Eye still horrendous? That could be fun if we don't have to wait too long to get on it

I did a work heritage and museum benchmarking visit to London last year and did the BM, NHM, V&A, MoL, Westminster, Buckingham, TM, ToL, IWM and various other acronyms. Not necessarily opposed to going to any of these again - as most are bloody big places with alot of stuff and many have temp exhibs. Warning though - me and ms zak may be boring and talk shop about them (actually i might. ms zak will probably hit me to shut me up).

But I'd be interested in Tate Britain, St Paul's, Cabinet War Rooms, Hampton Court, any temp exhibs (like the Michael Angelo in the BM), the Eye, the Globe Theatreetc.

Slightly torn between doing work stuff (which is useful but it is work) or doing non-work stuff (which might be missing an opportunity but means i'm not in work mode or boring anyone)

So to summarise - i don't really give a fuck

I'm basically fine with anything but Tower and Mme Toussaud's - that includes two-day-museums ;) Tate and British Museum is fine with me too. I've been to the museum of Science, so you'll be spared of the task to pull-mo-out-of-it-again.

We might consider having a list of who wants to go where and try to make a schedule. Which is cool, methinks - we educate ourselves at daytime and drink the thusly used braincells away at night. Or in between. Or before. ;)

As for the DJ-ing, I am NOT going to suggest music as it will have me end up dead, and I'd hate to be called UnCat ;)

Edited for - actually I wanted to say that the Globe was awesome to watch (didn't see a play there) - but then, we had this 4 h lecture on it, and I think that's not regular.

so, how is the Borough Market different than a regular food market?

they're massive and the food comes from all over the UK (and elsewhere, I bought kabanos the last time I was there). It's mostly from farms etc that do everything the old-fashioned, organic way. So meat from rare, traditional breeds of cattle, cheeses that are hard to get elsewhere, all sorts of stuff

Archived