London party

Ser Sean

I have been doing some searching for a venue for our party and I just need to ask a few things of you all.

The cost will basically be between £6 and £15 (as far as I can work out) and this will cover the hire of a function room/pub for the night and a buffet.

Are these costs ok with you all, as I really don't want to pay for everything and find out that people don't want to (a) have a party or (B) pay for a party.

Obviously I will try to keep costs down whilst still making sure we have a nice venue (as previously mentioned, myself and Barry will be on a scouting mission next week).

Another thing to mull over is - do we want a disco/music of some sort?, but there is no rush in deciding that.

Sean: a party would be good - Sat night there will be too many of us for a pub, perhaps.

Buffet is optional, IMO, but if you do get one make sure different diets are catered for - ie, it isn't just a pile of sausage rolls and pies.

Music - need to think about that... might be superfluous.

What flip said :) (that is - costs are fine, and just start complaining if you want paypal payment :))

I cannot recall if a party had or had no music most of the time, at least if the party was good; as it goes without saying that our party will be awesome, I'd second the 'superfluous' thought.

For food, you could either force everyone to bring something (which will be our problem then as I doubt the hostel has kitchen;)), expect people to not show up hungry, or, as mormont already mentioned so well, make sure a buffett does not consist of hamburgers with peanut butter, as this will kill half of the attendees and clash with the ethic/dietary decisions of the other half ;)

Yeah, what Flip or Mo or someone else said about everything being A-OK and paying you and all that, guv

Sean, are sea shells ok for payment? That's all we've got here in the Cook Islands

I think if the hostel has got kitchens we could easily make quite a bit of food ourselves. Things like Spanish omelettes and guacamole dips etc are easy to make and good for buffets. Plus, that way we can keep the ingredients to ourselves and have a competition to see which one of us hospitalises Zak

I am quoted in your sig! that is so cool. :D

I volunteer to cook, I don't mind :)

Only the best quotes for my sig darling

I'm also more than happy to do some of the cooking too

Archived