London party

Ser Sean

I see no problem. 6 people is plenty for a hit squad to take out the parasites. The only issue is whether Not-At-All Bonny Prince Charlie (sorry, Target X) will be in residence along with his marginally less repulsive offspring. :ninja:

"not as good as Barry's hijinks up the Crags in Edinburgh"

The crater left there on the crags is now known by locals as Barry's Crack. Its location next to Arthur's Seat means that it is frequently visited by hordes of Japanese tourists. In fact the Lonely Planet Guide has the following inset.

"Barry's crack is a recent addition to Edinburgh's attractions. Sited on the southern shoulder of the Salisbury Crags, this artificial indentation is reminiscent of the Vlodatsky meteorite crater in central Tajikistan (circumference 2.34 km). There are a number of stories of how this strange phenomenon occured. Some archaeologists posit that it may have been an early Neolithic stone quarry (although the lack of evidence for its presence prior to early 2006) suggest otherwise. Several locals relate the story of a minor earthquake which occurred in late January 2006 causing the crags to ripple and shake. The cause of this is much debated - a minor seismic quake, god-like intervention, aliens or a Celtic giant letting rip?"

Hey guys,

Would it be OK to add me & Mrs. Thundersummoner (aka David & Denise) to the party guest-list? We are both Londoners, so no doubt can find our way OK. Perhaps it will finally persuade Denise to start on the books if she sees I'm not the only obsessive.

Look forward to meeting up with you then.

Thundersummoner

Hey guys,

Would it be OK to add me & Mrs. Thundersummoner (aka David & Denise) to the party guest-list? We are both Londoners, so no doubt can find our way OK. Perhaps it will finally persuade Denise to start on the books if she sees I'm not the only obsessive.

Look forward to meeting up with you then.

Thundersummoner

Not a problem mate.

You are both more than welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

*De-lurks*

OMG, have I slept through everything?

[/panic]

I have been following these boards for a looooong time, but the only occasion, when I participated in any kind of discussion, was last autumn on the old BWB boards when GRRM was doing a signing at The Forbidden Planet in London. So, I doubt anybody here know/remembers me.

However, being a huge GRRM fan and living in London, I would love to join the party and meet all you nice people. ;)

So, please, please can somebody tell me who do I turn to and what do I do to get on the list and join all the activities? It’s not too late to join, right? Don’t tell me it’s too late. All right, I’m panicking again.

/wanders off to fix herself some camomile tea and then settles down in front of the monitor waiting for the replies.

Hey LoW.

Here is the 2 by 4.

First of all it is pretty much too late to book a bed at the hostel where most people are staying by now I think. Chaldanya is organising that so she can confirm/deny.

Other than that we are going to be around in Borough from Thursday 4th lunchtimeish while people gather and check in.

After that it will be a weekend of touristy/drinking type things.

The main night is on Saturday when we will be having a 10th Anniversary party in a pub in Borough. All you have to do is turn up to The George at 1930 with £10 for food, drinks and good company.

Your best bet is to PM Chaldanya with your number and get on the contact list, you could always request that just Chal has your number. Chal, Sean and I will be the main points off contact over the weekend so just get our mobile numbers and whenever you can meet up give us a bell and we can point you in the right direction.

Hope to see you there.

PS I was at that signing but never posted about it as it was a last minute thing. Kind of a downer trying to sneak away from work only to be faced by a 100 yard queue :)

Fret not, LadyW.

I'm feeling generous, so if you need a bed at the hostel, I'll be glad to book it for you.

Please do send me your mobile number and email - I won't give out any of the details. Only Sean, Barry and I will have your digits. At the end of the week (more likely Saturday) I'll be emailing all and sundry with the details.

Looking forward to seeing you.

N

Hey Lady W

I do indeed remember you from the old board at the time of the London signing of AFFC. I was to serve a the meeting point (being the landmark the walks) for you and a few others, but I was sick and only made it down with seconds to spare.

As far as the pary is concerned, you are very welcome.

As Barry said just turn up to 'The George inn' on Borough high rd at 19:30 and join in the fun.

There should be a link to the pub in this thread but I will be posting directions soon, so just keep lurking. :P

Feel free to join us at any stage of the weekend too and if you have any problems just give one of us a call.

Sean

Chaldanya, Ser Barry and Ser Sean, thanks for the replies and all the info. :) You are officially my heroes now.

I’m about to PM you with my co-ordinates.

A question about hostel:

Since I live in London, I theoretically do not need accommodation, but it seems like it might be worth hanging out over there for the company and to make the whole experience more … intense. :D

Do you know, if any other Londoners are going to do just that and stay at the hostel for the duration of this meet-up?

I’m definitely coming on Saturday and it seems like coming on Thursday is a good idea too – at least I’ll have a chance to get to know people and thus be less bewildered on Saturday.

This Gathering is getting enormously huge. Impressive :)

Flip, you are teh evil! ;)

Nice to have you aboard, Lady of Waset, although I still feel like a n00b who is acting the resident-for-years when welcoming people ;)

LoW.

Sean and I both live in London. We have booked beds at the hostel and I will be staying on Friday and Saturday at least. I would say that it is the best laugh to stay at the hostel as you have multiple other unfortunates to share your hangover with and try and help you remember what happened the night before. It is also easier when trying to locate people but then again we have mobile phones so it is no big deal to stay at home.

Not sure that helps

B

Archived