Football #29: A Time for Transfers

Stubby

Ola John has left Twente and gone to Benfica - think quite a few EPL clubs were looking at him.

In other news, I hope action is taken against Dries Mertens for the blatant push on Gary Cahill that resulted in a fractured jaw and him now missing all of Euro 2012.

Ola John has left Twente and gone to Benfica - think quite a few EPL clubs were looking at him.

In other news, I hope action is taken against Dries Mertens for the blatant push on Gary Cahill that resulted in a fractured jaw and him now missing all of Euro 2012.

please.

yes, it was a blatant push. blatant pushes happen in every single game on every single competitive levels. sometimes they result in a foul being called, sometimes the result in a card, sometimes they result in an injury. this push resulted in the last two. it resulted in a card and in injury. the referee did his job in handling it. it was a certain yellow card offense. he received it.

why oh why should he receive any other repercussions from the football overlords? because he was a starter for england? because he will miss the euro cup? sorry. but it was handled when he got the yellow.

sucks for cahill, but that is football.

Big result for Mexico, beating Brazil 2-0. Makes me nervous for the USMNT. They have a friendly against them sometime in the near future, and it's highly likely that they will meet in the next round of WC qualifying.

i have read that dirk kuyt will be joining fenerbahce from liverpool.

i'm sad to see him leave liverpool.

no doubt it's a good move for both him and the club, but still...

And England decides to keep Ferdinand at home and bring in Kelly instead with Cahill out. Crazy.

Also something more amusing, Joey Barton got punched in the back of the head the other night while at a gay bar in Liverpool.

please.

yes, it was a blatant push. blatant pushes happen in every single game on every single competitive levels. sometimes they result in a foul being called, sometimes the result in a card, sometimes they result in an injury. this push resulted in the last two. it resulted in a card and in injury. the referee did his job in handling it. it was a certain yellow card offense. he received it.

why oh why should he receive any other repercussions from the football overlords? because he was a starter for england? because he will miss the euro cup? sorry. but it was handled when he got the yellow.

sucks for cahill, but that is football.

I don't agree with the comparison to the sort of push that happens in every game, this was a push on the back of a player as he was running towards another player. A collision was inevitable, and, since he pushed him at the top of his back, his momentum took him face first into the onrushing Hart.

So, considering the dangerous play, I'd say a two match international ban would be reasonable.

I don't agree with the comparison to the sort of push that happens in every game, this was a push on the back of a player as he was running towards another player. A collision was inevitable, and, since he pushed him at the top of his back, his momentum took him face first into the onrushing Hart.

So, considering the dangerous play, I'd say a two match international ban would be reasonable.

i am very glad you are not in charge of discipline within football. under your stance any foul that results in an injury would result in a ban. it was a foul that led to an accident. plenty of fouls do not. do we start suspending the players whose fouls could have led to an accident?

it was handled perfectly well within the rules and regulations of the game. he received a yellow card for it. that is fine. that is what the rules suggest. you are asking for further punishment because of an accident on the end of the foul.

lollllllll Sigi Schmid thinks there is some vast conspiracy to keep the Sounders from winning another open cup

http://blog.thenewst...in-an-open-cup/

Fuck Seattle in the ear

sigi is delusional enough to believe that there is some shadow organization that is trying to separate his club from winning a competition nobody at all cares about. lovely.

The Libertines are terrible.

On a footballing note, why has Hodgson called up Martin Kelly?

why?

because hodgson favors racist-on-trial john terry to his alleged victim's brother rio ferdinand.

it is suggested that terry's racial attacks on rio's brother could in fact make a defensive partnership between rio and terry as being a touch on the tense side.

why?

because hodgson favors racist-on-trial john terry to his alleged victim's brother rio ferdinand.

it is suggested that terry's racial attacks on rio's brother could in fact make a defensive partnership between rio and terry as being a touch on the tense side.

Don't really care about Rio Ferdinand. Micah Richards is the best English RB. Was a joke he wasn't in the squad in the first place.

i don't know what's the fuss with hodgson calling kelly to the squad.

he's young, he's good, he has potential to be much better. he needs the experience of a major tournament.

he will most likely sit every game out, maybe get a few minutes of gametime near the end of the match.

it's not as if hodgson is calling him to build an entire team around him.

the real problem for england is that glen johnson will be playing starting RB and that downing might play and that... ;)

Archived