Football #29: A Time for Transfers

Stubby

I heard Chelsea wants to buy Russia's prodgy Dzagoev, through Abramavich's connections.

Hope that this does not happen, they already got Hazard and we got Kagawa, don't like the odds on that one.

Personally, I think they should be forced to go down to the Third Division - mostly to act as a deterrent to anyone thinking of following Craig Whyte's example.

Never mind Craig Whyte's example - David Murray's example is bad enough, and Charles Green appears to be just as bad as either. He tried and failed to 'bounce' HMRC into accepting the CVA, and is now trying to force through a fire-sale of the club's remaining assets to himself, at a fraction of their worth, to be funded by what will effectively be a loan that the newco Rangers will have to repay to him and his colleagues with interest. He's also trying to force the players to transfer their contracts to the newco despite the fact that they don't legally have to do so. Oh, and both he and Duff and Phelps are wrongly claiming that Rangers' titles and honours will transfer to the newRangers, something they know is untrue but are saying anyway to try to keep the fans happy. In other words, they are full of it.

Rumour has it that HMRC are going to try to get rid of Duff and Phelps and appoint their own liquidator, which would scupper Green's plan. I really hope they do. Duff and Phelps are incompetent, and Green is a cowboy. The whole administration process has been a giant mess.

And yes, newRangers should be forced to start in the Third Division. It's not as if they'll have the players to compete in the SPL anyway, and they can't play in Europe for three years. Let them start at the bottom.

Funniest comment on this whole affair came from the reliably-idiotic local MP, Ian Davidson, who suggested on the radio this morning that a newco Rangers might apply to join "a more lucrative league in England" because "Scottish football is just too poor, too strapped [for cash] to support the ambitions of a club like Rangers". The arrogance and lack of self-awareness was hilarious.

Never mind Craig Whyte's example - David Murray's example is bad enough, and Charles Green appears to be just as bad as either. He tried and failed to 'bounce' HMRC into accepting the CVA, and is now trying to force through a fire-sale of the club's remaining assets to himself, at a fraction of their worth, to be funded by what will effectively be a loan that the newco Rangers will have to repay to him and his colleagues with interest. He's also trying to force the players to transfer their contracts to the newco despite the fact that they don't legally have to do so. Oh, and both he and Duff and Phelps are wrongly claiming that Rangers' titles and honours will transfer to the newRangers, something they know is untrue but are saying anyway to try to keep the fans happy. In other words, they are full of it.

Oh dear. I did not realize this.

Rumour has it that HMRC are going to try to get rid of Duff and Phelps and appoint their own liquidator, which would scupper Green's plan. I really hope they do. Duff and Phelps are incompetent, and Green is a cowboy. The whole administration process has been a giant mess.

Plus wasn't there some massive conflict of interest?

edit: Here's one story on it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18179264 I was pretty sure I'd read it was confirmed that Grier lied about this but I can't find it now.

I have one (1) free ticket to offer for this Saturday's DC United v Philadelphia Union match, in Philadelphia. Kickoff is at 7:00pm. I have feelers out to a few friends so it may potentially be given away elsewhere depending on when people respond.

Archived